GVI: Internships in Mexico

GVI: Internships in Mexico

We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!
Business Internships Abroad are a great way to apply your business management and leadership skills and explore the world while experiencing new cultures and contributing to a sustainable cause and kickstarting your own career!

GVI’s Business Internships are the perfect opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience, especially if you are a student majoring in:
- business management,
- human resources,
- accountancy,
- marketing or
- international relations students

Business Interns can look forward to using their theoretical training skills to work in a local community with developing entrepreneurs, assisting them with developing their microenterprise businesses by:
- running hands-on, educational workshops on microenterprise business skills,
- conducting business training initiatives and
- mentoring and guiding small business owners

To apply or find out more about the value of the internships, follow the link below.

You can make a difference and intern with GVI in Mexico! From helping the local wildlife to working with underprivileged children, you can make a difference and learn about a new culture all while developing your own skills. GVI is sure to offer something for every type of intern. Read more about each internship offered in Mexico:

• Mexico Marine Conservation Short-Term Internship: Enter the marine conservation industry by gaining valuable first-hand experience and contributing to the largest databases in existence to the condition, health and changes of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
  • PADI Instructor Internship: You will learn how to live and work in a remote environment and attain base skills essential for your 12 week work placement. PADI Instructors have a very important role to fulfill, they need to ensure that new divers are trained to the highest standards possible. Kickstart your conservation career with this internship!
  • Marine Conservation and PADI Divemaster Internship in Mexico: In the stunning Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico interns will get to enter the marine conservation industry by gaining valuable first-hand marine conservation experience. Your dive research will contribute to the condition, health and changes of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
  • Community Development Short-Term Internship in Mexico: The charming coastal city of Playa del Carmen in Mexico is home to many orphaned children who are in need of educational support. Help shape and improve the future of these young people while you boost your teaching career!
  • Community Development Internship in Mexico: We need your passion and skills to help us to support special needs children and rescued animals in the charming city of Playa del Carmen. Interns work in centers run by our partners, make your passion your career!
North America » Mexico

Hang loose
Tobias
Pez Maya, Sian Ka'an, Mexico

A lifetime experience

I had no expectations! The only thing I did know, was that I would be living under very primitive conditions in a jungle and doing research diving. What’s not to like?
Basically, I came for the diving, but I left with so much more! I was really inspired by living and working closely with people from so many different cultures and backgrounds who all shared the same passion for protecting the environment.
We were diving twice a day, studying fish and corals, learning about aquatic life, spotting birds, collecting trash on the beach and working hard in order to make the base run smoothly.
The GVI staff taught me so much, they’re working so hard with such great passion.
Everybody on base was family, we shared everything, especially many great experiences.
I would like to encourage everybody to go help out, to save the coral reefs before it's too late and we loose them forever!
Have you ever dived with a whale shark? Have you ever helped a baby turtle to safely reach the ocean? Have you ever tried to make a difference for the natural world surrounding us?
- It’s never too late and I’m sure GVI will gladly help you!

Susie
UK
University of Glasgow

My Unexpected Mexican Adeventure!

My decision to go to Mexico was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I wanted to gain experience of community development in order to be able to work within the charity sector in the UK. By doing this 24 week program, I not only got the volunteer experience I needed but so much more. Once I had completed my 12 weeks volunteer phase, I had helped to teach children English, inform them about the environment, helped with different types of physical therapies and helped out within a spay and neuter clinic. I also received training on leadership and other very useful skills. During the final 12 weeks, I became an intern member of staff and I got the opportunity to help with volunteer management, support staff with administration and help with program related activities. As well as this, having the opportunity to live abroad and experience another culture and learn a new language was a great bonus. If you are thinking about how to go about having an experience abroad I would highly recommend this program.

To be honest during my experience there was not a lot that could have been improve.

Brooke
Westminster College

Life Changing

This was a life changing experience. From the travel and adventure, to the friends I made along the way, I wouldn't change a thing. This experience truly changed my perspective and expectations for the world, and I leave with life long friends! While, the housing was sometimes quite rustic, you quickly saw past it to the beauty all around you. The diving was amazing, the friends were amazing, and the adventures were everything. Truly, changed my life at its core. 100% recommend.

Karl
I am in Sweden, Stockholm.

Best thing I have ever done.

Mexico was the most amazing trip I have ever done in my life. To be a part of something really important and hard working program is really inspiring and you grow a lot as person. To able to dive everday and live your days on a beautiful beach next to a crystal clear water, that is life. Not only is it an amazing experience, but you meet people from all around the world, that you will be friends with for the rest of your life.
I would glady go back.

Jeran
Ham Lake, Minnesota

Fantastic!

This trip was the greatest thing I have ever done. The Different setting, culture, and daily activites was something everyone should experience, it definitly changed me for the better. The staff and the volunteers were amazing characters I miss them and what they could contribute to my day to day life. The weather was a bit of an irregularity and slowed things for us sometimes and was definitely frustrating at times, but I greatly enjoyed the schenanigans we got into whilst it was raining.
The reason I went here was to make sure that this was a field I wanted to pursue as a career and it no doubt cemented the decision

GVI is an award-winning organisation that tackles critical local and global issues by operating education and training programs on sustainable development projects around the world.

Formed in 1997, we have been operating our award-winning programmes for over two decades and over 25,000 participants have volunteered