The Media in Palestine Program is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in media or whose work relates to media who want to gain experience working with media in Palestine. You will have the opportunity to visit local radio stations and understand the challenges Palestinian media outlets face due to the occupation. Additionally, you will have the chance to learn Arabic and tour a number of historic and cultural sites in the city of Hebron. Through the program, you will have the chance to produce a short film about Palestine.
- The program addresses three aspects of trade and industry: theoretical, practical, linguistic and social.
- Fluent English speaking guides;
- You will meet with Palestinian journalists to dialogue about media issues in Palestine and ask them any questions you may have.
- You will have the opportunity to visit local radio stations and learn how they announce urgent news while navigating the complexities of Israeli censorship and harassment.
- Three hours of Palestinian Arabic or Hebrew lessons per week, with the emphasis on speaking.