View Other Details
- No Qualification is required.
- Interns are not obligated to know Arabic in order to participate in the program.
- Field visits & meetings.
- Day trips to refugee camps in Hebron and Bethlehem.
- Local visits within the city of Hebron.
- 4,5 hours of Arabic classes a week.
- Daily Palestinian breakfast.
- Certificate of participation, and a recommendation letter.
The Media in Palestine Program is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in media or whose work relates to media who want to gain experience working with media in Palestine. You will have the opportunity to visit local radio stations and understand the challenges Palestinian media outlets face due to the occupation. Additionally, you will have the chance to learn Arabic and tour a number of historic and cultural sites in the city of Hebron. Through the program, you will have the chance to produce a short film about Palestine.
- You will meet with Palestinian journalists to dialogue about media issues in Palestine and ask them any questions you may have.
- You will have the opportunity to visit local radio stations and learn how they announce urgent news while navigating the complexities of Israeli censorship and harassment.
- Day Trips to refugee camps in Hebron & Bethlehem and some areas of political importance.
- All participants will receive 4,5 hours of Arabic language lessons per week.
- Accommodation is provided for the length of the program, either residing with a Palestinian host family or at our 8th-floor apartment. Private accommodation is also available with extra fees.