Experience the diversity and multiculturalism of the rainbow nation, South Africa. Witness South Africa’s healthcare system firsthand and work along medical professionals that administer care to those affected by HIV/AIDS through CFHI’s programs:
Healthcare Challenges: Experience first-hand the daily challenges South Africa faces with its recently created healthcare system, where participants will work alongside local healthcare personnel in public district hospitals providing care for the underserved.
HIV/AIDS and Healthcare: Join local healthcare teams at various sites in Durban, providing comprehensive care for those affected by HIV/AIDS.
Adding to the cultural language immersion, participants located in the Cape Town area will live with local families in the Cape Flats area and may also organize weekend trips. Additionally, participants staying in Durban, will live with local homestay families and learn more about the vibrant Zulu culture.
- This program offers students a unique educational experience as they follow patients through their treatments and observe the entire healthcare team during the program month.
- Participants will get an opportunity to understand how the health care system has dealt with a public health crisis that has fundamentally altered the state's social and economic fabric.
- CFHI's program in Cape Town, South Africa offers students a unique opportunity to observe alongside healthcare professionals in an idyllic setting surrounded by Table Mountain in one of South Africa's most beautiful cities.
- CFHI's rotations are designed to offer you clinical experience relevant to your level of medical education, much like what you would experience during a rotation in the United States.
- Information sessions that highlight the health care system in that country, common cases you will encounter and other site-specific information.