Connect-123 Business Internships

Connect-123 Business Internships

International business, entrepreneurship, consulting, and microfinance are just some of the business-related opportunities that a Connect-123 internship can provide.

Connect-123 offers business-related internships in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Dublin and Shanghai in a wide range of areas including venture capital, microfinance, marketing, and entrepreneurship. Opportunities include assisting local entrepreneurs grow their businesses, creating market research reports, developing financial models, and working with strategy consulting firms.

Program durations and start and end dates are flexible to fit your needs. Connect-123 local staff provide on-the-ground support before, during, and after your internship including housing assistance, in-depth orientation, social events, cultural activities, as well as career support and guidance.

• Tailored placements! Connect-123 will arrange an internship that works with your specific background, skills and interests.
  • Flexibility! Connect-123 can provide you with an internship experience that works best for you, whether you're looking for a summer internship, or a longer one, Connect-123 can help you find an internship that works best for you.
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable!
Africa » South Africa » Cape Town
Phone/Skype Interview

Isabella
San Salvador, El Salvador
University of Southern California

The best post-graduation decision I could have made.

From a very young age, I dreamed of going to South Africa. Before summer would arrive, I would go to my parents, and show them brochures of student programs I had requested to receive in the mail, and of course -- every year their answer would be no. They thought I was too young and that South Africa was far too unsafe.

After many years, of trying to convince my parents, I finally decided that I would go to Cape Town the summer after I graduated from college no matter what -- even if that meant postponing my job hunting. Of course, my parents were not very thrilled. Like any parents, they had safety concerns and were worried about me finding a job after graduation. In hindsight, these should not have been worries -- since Connect123 provided me with work experience that has become a talking point in almost all interviews, and provided me with the knowledge and support to easily navigate Cape Town.

Overall, Connect123 was able to find me an internship that fit my interests and backgrounds to a tee -- something I could have never done had I gone through the application process alone. I worked at a startup where I also gained more of an insight into South Africa's booming entrepreneurial culture.

On the side, because Connect123 hosts plenty of students from all over, I was able to easily make friends and meet people who would be willing to explore Cape Town and the rest of South Africa with me. We abseiled down Table Mountain, hiked Devil's Peak, travelled through South Africa's Garden Route where we went on an elephant encounter and crept through caves. We organized a trip to Kruger, and I even explored South Africa's neighbor, Namibia.

All in all, if you are having some of the same concerns I was having before I left, my advice to you would be to just go. You will gain much more work and life experience than you will ever gain in two months' time.

Hugh
Atlanta, GA
University of Georgia

Best Money You Can Spend On Yourself

The Social Entrepreneurship program with Connect-123 was nothing of what I expected to say the least. The first thing I learned is that you can't guess what the experience is going to be like until you get out there and do it. Learning business in the class room is one thing, but getting into the real world and facing real challenges is another. Through the program's real life experiences coupled with the classroom training, I feel much more prepared to enter the business wold for myself than ever before. The guidance I received along the way gave me the confidence to take on business ventures without fearing being left out in the dark. If you have any interest in going into the business world, I would definitely recommend spending a semester in Cape Town to prepare yourself to face the challenges the world has to throw at you.

I would have liked my specific program to have more participants. It was great to have dozens of individuals from Connect-123 all living in the same place together, but I would have liked more people in my specific program.

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local companies, non-profit organizations, schools, research institutes and health care clinics. In South Africa, study abroad