At the South Africa Institute for Social Innovation, you'll work in the field to develop both social entrepreneurship and cross-cultural interpersonal skills applicable to any profession.
Guided by a team of experts, community members, and local changemakers, ThinkImpact scholars have worked on and created a wide variety of projects, from improving traditional cooking tools to developing water management technologies for rural farmers. Scholars also benefit from direct access to entrepreneurs, micro-finance organizations, community-based organizations, and local leaders. You'll take an asset-based approach to community development, prototyping an enterprise and then testing your product or service within the community.
In addition to your Institute curriculum, you'll be living and engaging with a homestay family and immersing yourself in the local culture.
- You refuse to settle for an average experience abroad. You're looking for something extraordinary--a program that will push your limits and bring you outside your comfort zone.
- You understand that in order to succeed in a global marketplace, you need hands-on experience that will not only enhance your resume, but give you tangible, real-world professional skills.
- You're passionate about social innovation and are searching for a crash course in entrepreneurship that will change the way you see the world.
- You have an interest in global development, but want to go beyond the typical international volunteer program and make a real impact.
- You will come back changed forever... in the very best way possible.