Culinary Arts Internship in Spain

This program is designed for those who would like to learn and live the experience of traditional Spanish culinary. Upon of completing the course you will have the opportunity to update your professional resume with a European Cultural and Culinary experience. Students will learn the basic of communication and understanding of Spanish language, also the opportunity to network with their peers as well as obtain personal enhancement in their field. Depending on the participants' interests, there's a wide range of internship arrangements, from local top restaurants and hotels.

International Culinary Arts interns immerse themselves in their host country’s culture and cuisine. For aspiring cooks and restaurateurs, there’s no better way to gain firsthand experience with international styles of cooking. An internship will demonstrate to future employers a commitment to working with cuisine, adaptability to different situations, and a readiness for the demands of working professionally.

• Flexibility: Our programs start the 1st Monday of every month with year round start dates. Choose to intern anywhere from 1-6 months.
  • Centralized Housing: You'll have your own private room in a shared apartment close to shopping, public transportation, and nightlife.
  • Tailored Internship: Contracted, customized internship abroad within your sector using only screened companies.
  • The most affordable price – both our Intern Abroad and Study Abroad programs are the cheapest you’ll find, period.
  • Local Staff: Our local Program Director is available 24/7 for emergency support.

Ron

Mind-blowing experience

No doubt to take the programs from Instituto Hemingway, cause they have the most creative and motivated teachers you are going to have lessons with.
And of course as a foreigner you would love to have quality time with people around you and the activities that arranged and well planned for you. So which will give you the chance to keep so many good memories and experiences during your education with Instituto Hemingway and living in Spain. Culinary experience here with these guys was the best thing I did in my life honestly. It was such an amount of wonderful memories that I would need 2 lives to explain my wonderful time there.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My first day was my most nerve-racking moment. Moving into a home with a family that doesn't speak my native language. The sudden realization that I'm far away from home. It's a natural moment of nerves that quickly passes.
Luis

I really enjoyed cooking and learning in Spain

I chose Bilbao mainly because of the excitement of the unknown. Before this, I had never been so far away for such a long period of time. The farthest time zone I had been was three hours ahead, and so I decided to jump into an 18 hour change.

I have lived in a small town my entire life and Spain was the perfect way to open up and jump (quite possibly fall) out of my comfort zone. If beautiful nature isn't enough, I was lucky to find a program that fits my needs. The Uni gave me so many course options that fit requirements for my home university. This was really important in deciding where to go and, fortunately, it worked out well.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Though Spain is more famous for its red wine than white, the majority of its vineyards have white grapes and that was surprising for me.
Matt

cooking and learning in Spain

The program was well put together including lectures in the kitchen, daily cooking lessons and a variety of field trips to learn about the food and culture.

Living in an apartment in Northern Spain made me feel like I was home. Walking all over the city and shopping at the food markets gave me the sense that I was a local. I only wish I could have stayed longer. I learned almost everything about Spanish cuisine but also about culture. Jose, the Director of the program, is a wonderful person and is always there to give you a hand. He and his colleagues will give you nice tips about life in Spain.

I learned the value of being more active as we had to walk everywhere and how to appreciate my surroundings. It was totally the best experience ever. I think anyone who can figure out a way to finance a study abroad trip should absolutely do it!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Do you know a young Spaniard studying abroad? Do you want to make them happy? Buy a bag of sunflower seeds (we call them pipas), then observe their amazing skills at eating the seed but not the shell, and how quickly they do it. If you start practising now, in one year you could be as good at eating pipas as any Spanish teenager!
Venus

Astonishing experience

I was in Spain for five months in addition of two months studying Spanish. I came there with very little of the language and that was what I wanted, part of the challenge. Fortunately with Instituto Hemingway I had great help into getting acquainted with the city, like organizing the program and making the whole process a lot easier. I cannot imagine doing that without someone here helping me, it would have been ridiculous. I recommend to everyone to having the opportunity to learn what I learned here in a very economical price compared to the United States or anywhere else in the world. ave me all the classic recipes from Spanish cuisine, from paellas to pastas to steaks to desserts, everything. All the ingredients were always ready for us, they gave us lots of helpful tips on how to tweak the recipes a little bit. We had so much fun together, not only cooking, but I also made a lot of long term friends and we interchanged tips between ourselves and we made delicious food.
Overall I had a great experience with hemingway and all the activities they provided us, at night or even during the weekends were so much fun and just a great way to see the city, so definitely do that.
It was a great experience; Northern Spain is a beautiful place

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I learnt to cook squids in black sause. At the beginning it was disgusting but then I thought; everybody says is delicious and then I tried it and it was absolutely fabulous!!
John

Fantastic experience with Culinary Arts

It was a great experience; Northern Spain is a beautiful place.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I learnt to cook squids in black sause. At the beginning it was disgusting but then I thought; everybody says is delicious and gave a try and it was absolutely fabulous!!