Paid Internship Working at Top Hotels

Why just visit Spain…live Spain instead!

Do exactly that with our Hospitality Management program.

Live and work in Spain for as long as you want, be able to cover your living expenses and have a life-changing experience!

We can place you in any area of Spain but you need to be flexible in location. We usually work with small cities and villages but they have everything you need to have fun and enjoy yourself. You will also have a supervisor for your first job in Spain!!

Our positions for the paid jobs program are for 40 hours a week in the hospitality industry at top hotels. Typical positions include bar work, waiting and kitchen staff, hostesses, receptionists and front desk assistants plus many more.

We help you getting a job in a hotel or restaurant in Spain. It will be a quick and cheap way to learn Spanish. An excellent way to get closer to our culture and language. This program of jobs in hotels in Spain can be done anytime during the year.

• We offer the cheapest price in the market with the best value for money. This is a nice way to stay in Spain and live like a Spaniard.
  • Accommodation is in shared apartments and meals and a small salary are included in the program. We also provide you with an immersive language program 2 weeks before your placement.
  • Your internship duration is flexible; programs usually range between 1 and 12 months. Instituto Hemingway will work with you to match you with the best internship that will fit your needs, skills and availability to give you the best experience possible.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Instituto Hemingway provides you with as much or as little support as you need!
  • We do guarantee placement but not location. This will probably be in a charming place that you have never heard about before but one which is authentic and touristy with nice top hotels.

Popular Programs

Internship for Erasmus students

The program enables degree students of the University / College to complete a traineeship period with the support of an Erasmus grant.

We do so by coordinating a variety of internship and educational programmes in Spain.

We also manage in a personalised way all documentations required, give student’s assistance and prepare all the logistics upon arrival of participants including transfers, accommodation, meals, language courses and cultural programme.

According to their website, http://www.institutohemingway.com/internships-in-spain.php "We suggest you to undertake a course of Spanish before starting your internship or while you are undertaking it. It will help you to communicate better and enjoy your experience in Spain".

The minimum period combined with Spanish courses is one month. The program is totally flexible.

Timothy

Super great awesome experience!

I attended Spanish courses with Instituto Hemingway for three months. First I took 6 weeks taking courses and then 2 weeks travelling around and finally a program working in a hotel as an intern. I was very impressed by the organization of the school and classes, the placement process for new students (a 10-minute chat, in Spanish, with a teacher who assesses at what level and in which class the student should be placed), the teachers' professionalism and the ambiance, which was casual but goal-oriented. I had a working knowledge of Spanish and was placed exactly where I needed to be to further my learning. That said, it is the total immersion that allowed me to gain and develop confidence in my speaking skills. I lodged with a local family where no one spoke any English, which meant that I would either sink or learn to swim - which is just what I did. I now speak Spanish fluently. Going to Instituto Hemingway was the best thing I could have done to achieve my goal.

I can't think of any areas for improvement. The registration process was very easy and the school's administrative staff was always very knowledgeable and helpful, both before my trip and on site.
Sam

Thumbs up for work and learn in Spain

I developed a lot of interpersonal skills and meet lots of wonderful people." First of all, I would like to say that it was truly an amazing opportunity. The conditions offered by the company were very good, the office is a modern place with a welcoming atmosphere. The team was very nice, mostly international people very kind. Everyone was sharing their culture, this way making the workplace more interesting.

The colleagues were super nice, I felt very accepted, and could always rely on them. The apartment they gave me was superb apartment, they also provided me with good food in the hotel.

It was my best internship experience so far, if I would have a possibility, I would definitely apply through your company again, thank you for everything

What was your funniest moment?
I was in Spanish class and made a confusion in class La and El in a serious discussion in Spanish class about the death penalty. Long story short do your best to use the right article for the given noun. La Pena de Muerte =Death penalty. El Pene De Muerte=The Penis of Death.
Frank

Best experience ever learning Spanish and working in Spain!

Instituto Hemingway is the best school, where students learn from different conversations and games, it is so fun and enjoyable to learn Spanish in that way. Marta and Eli are the professors that taught me for this month and I liked it a lot. I will miss them and hope to have them for my future classes that I will take with Instituto Hemingway. Thank you Instituto Hemingway for that opportunity! I would recommend you to take classes with this school. The teachers are great and I love how there’s an emphasis on speaking and listening which helps immerse yourself better. The location is convenient and their prices are really reasonable. After 4 weeks learning Spanish I went to Southern Spain to a fabulous hotel to work as a waiter while improving my Spanish. That was a blast!! I worked many hours but my colleagues were the best ever too!

Lena

My wonderful internship in Spain

I went to Spain by this program and I can highly recommend this program for experiencing with the new cultures and gain more practice on Spanish. I have made a lot friends which I still keep in touch with them in business life. I took 4 weeks of Spanish courses before going to the placement in a top hotel. That made me more confident in my Spanish.

Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are only so many notes or colors, there are only so many flavors - I worked as a kitchen sous in a top hotel in Southern Spain.

Wendy

Work experience in Spain

I had the time of my life there in Spain. I enjoyed so much working with people from all over the world. The experience was the best one I have ever had and I can´t wait to go back. I have to say that I learnt a lot, not only at work but also outside of work. The school organised these amazing cultural activities that made me understand and appreciate their culture. As far as my job is concerned, I loved working with people from different countries with different traditions and life-styles, and I learnt new things or facts about their lives. I learnt how to work in an office or how to solve unexpected problems. All in all, I loved this experience.

I missed a tight schedule during my internship. They were too flexible and some days I went late to the company.