- San Sebastián
View Other Details
Daily travel-writing and blogging workshops with a range of passionate young people who work in the media industry
A month of Spanish language classes
28 nights’ shared accommodation in all manner of fabulous guesthouses across Spain in Barcelona, the Pyrenees, San Sebastian, La Rioja, Madrid, Andalusia, Valencia, Tarragona, then back to Barcelona.
All return travel from Barcelona, San Sebastian and Madrid and everywhere in between
Potential university credit
Travel Spain this summer and improve your travel writing with Stoke Travel and Global Hobo’s month-long mobile writing workshops/Spanish road trips. We will roll through the Spanish festival and party circuit, with experienced mentors who have made successful careers in the travel writing world. Perfect your penmanship and learn valuable industry secrets. The tour will also have its own Spanish language teacher, so you can work on your tan while working on your español every day!
The ability to work well in a group is essential. Do note though that the course is just that: a course. You don’t need to already have a foot in the door of the media industry to apply, nor do you already need to be the best writer. All the skills you’ll need to start sculpting your words like a pro and getting published will be taught as part of the curriculum. In fact, many students often keep working for Global Hobo on a freelance basis once the course is over.
- Follow the trials of creative greats George Orwell, Ernest Hemingway, Pedro Almodóvar, Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali
- Explore the Iberian Penisula’s many charms: the cosmopolitan cities of Barcelona and Madrid, the Atlantic’s San Sebastian, the Mediterranean’s Valencia – the lands of the Basques, Catalans, Aragonese and Andalusians, beaches to the snow-capped Pyranees
- 28 nights’ shared accommodation in all manner of fabulous guesthouses across Spain, Barcelona, the Pyrenees, San Sebastian, La Rioja, Madrid, Andalusia, Valencia, Tarragona, then back to Barcelona
- Potential university credit
- Daily travel-writing and blogging workshops with a range of passionate young people who work in the media industry non-fiction, feature and editorial writing; pitching to editors; building a portfolio and a month of Spanish language classes