Global Experiences Internships in Stockholm, Sweden

Interning in Stockholm is a hugely rewarding and memorable experience. At Global Experiences, we’re equal parts career and culture. In addition to having an incredible international internship you also get to enjoy multiple day trips and cultural events. You may get a boat tour through the 100+ islands that surround Stockholm, eat a traditional Swedish meal at Stockholm’s best Viking restaurant, and more.

Sweden’s capital is one of the startup capitals of the world and full of exciting businesses. Some of the most popular career field include architecture, business development, law, nonprofit, communications, journalism, to name a few. We tailor your internship based off your background and future goals. Intern in Stockholm and have an experience you’ll never forget.

Please note, the price of tuition covers a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Stockholm with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Stockholm year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Katie

Internship in Stockholm

Stockholm is a wonderful place to have an internship. It is beautiful, easy to get around with super convenient public transportation, the weather is perfect, great food, fun nightlife and very cool places to go for day trips. But in regards to working Stockholm, this is the place to be. Most people here speak English so its very easy to communicate with people. But is also great to experience a new culture and learn how other people do things in a different country. You can also expand your networking circle and meet so many new people. I have learned so much about myself and the work world from this internship abroad.

Daniel

Stockholm

Stockholm is the perfect city for an internship, there are a lot of exciting start-ups in the city and other young companies that welcome interns with open arms and make you feel like you belong. No internship placement is perfect, but Global Experience gets as close as possible. I signed up for the journalism program and got to work for a News app where I got to write all day long and drink a lot of free coffee. Stockholm can be a little intimidating at first, but everyone here speaks English and once you learn your way around its super easy. There isn't a large tourism industry in Stockholm, but there are still tons of things to do. The city is full of museums, cafes to discover, and tons of concerts to go to. Our living situation was amazing we got a large spacious apartment that you won’t find in other cities. Global Experience also does a great job of setting up a few day trips which helps you see parts of the city and country you may not have seen on your own. Everyone from Global Experiences was incredible and I can’t imagine a better experience. The only bad part about my internship was leaving.

I would have liked another month. I learned a lot in eight weeks, but I feel like I could have stayed longer. I was in the first ever Stockholm program for G.E. and I'm sure it will only get better in the upcoming years.
Britt

My Stockholm Experience

I never imagined myself working in another country but now that I've had the incredible opportunity to work in both London and Stockholm, I can't picture my life without traveling. Global Experiences makes it possible to not only live in another country but to also gain real work experience. Living and working in places that seem so different from what you are accustomed to really helps you discover who you are as an individual and how you want to grow. I can honestly say that working and living in other countries has shaped me into a better person and even though it might seem intimidating, I highly encourage everyone to take that leap because you will not regret it in the long run.

I wish there was more "free time". It felt like once we got into our work schedules the days just flew by. I wish I had an extra few days to just be a tourist and experience all the city has to offer.
Melissa

Stockholm, Sweden Internship

I loved it here in Stockholm, Sweden. The people were a little reserved, and that is why I rated the social scene a 7, but we still had a great time, especially once they opened up to us. My coworkers invited me out to a lot of events, and I think that is what made my internship so extra special. I did get my wallet stolen but got my bank cards mailed overseas in a week, so even when you are in a museum, keep your eyes on your things; I had taken my arm off of my bag for only 10 seconds. I worked on a lengthy research project while I was here, and I liked that I had much time to research and write the report. My supervisors guided me, and I feel like I learned a lot of great skills to take with me through my studies and future career. Everyone speaks English and Swedish, and Swedes are so helpful, so I highly recommend a program here.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...