Taiwan Internship with Meiji Internships

Kick-start your international career with a life-changing internship adventure in Taiwan!

An internship in Taiwan will give you the chance to work in this center of international exchange and experience the dynamic culture that one of the “Four Asian Tiger“ economies has to offer.

As a highly technologically advanced country with countless spectacular sights to discover, Taiwan is one of Asia’s best-kept secrets!

・Dine at one of Taipei’s famous night markets.
・Marvel at dramatic Taroko Gorge
・Hike Elephant Mountain for a Bird’s Eye View of Taipei City.
・Go beach hopping in Kenting.
・Taste bubble tea in its birthplace: Taiwan!

As your gateway to Asia, Meiji Internships will accompany you throughout your journey. Kick-start your international career with an unforgettable internship adventure in your industry and destination of choice. We work with an extended network of 750+ partner companies in 8 countries to help pave the way for your future!

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

Sophie

Nothing to worry about

I appreciated that Meiji Internships sent a welcome package by email with some practical information about Taipei and Taiwan in general. I was warmly welcomed by the staff when I arrived and I was guided to my apartment. Honestly, I was a bit scared because it was the first time for me to travel alone, but the staff was so caring and cheering that I had no choice but to have a light heart.
The first day of my internship arrived, and I was super nervous on the way to my workplace. I was intimidated by the cultural difference and the language barriers I might be confronted with. However, everything went remarkably well. My colleagues were very kind and pleased to meet me. I had a brilliant time in Taipei and in this company. I learnt a lot and had an extraordinarily fulfilling experience.

Stéphanie

I had a marvellous time.

Working in Asia was something I wanted to try for a long time. I am glad that meiji internships helped me accomplishing this dream. I went there during the Chinese new year, which was an incredible experience. As I had some days off at this period, I had time for visiting the city and going for a short trip in the south of the country. I went to the countryside and met with a former exchange student who studied at my university two years ago. I had a really great time!

Regarding the internship itself, I worked with an employer who cared about me and wanted me to learn and to have a great work experience. I was really happy with my company, and if you plan on doing an internship too, I wish you all the best. Don’t be afraid, you will have the best experience of your life!

Damian

An experience that opened my eyes.

I came back home last week, and I thought "Wait, why is everything so different from before?" and then I realized that my home hasn't changed. I was the one who was different. My perception is not the same as it was before this internship. When you do an internship in a country that is so different from yours, you experience and observe new things everydays. I think that I learned to observe more and to be aware of what is around me.
I have to say thank you to the Meiji Internships team. They helped me in many ways. I am so glad that I stepped outside of my comfort zone and embarked on this adventure.

Margarita

Internship in Taiwan - 2 months

My placement was wonderful. I worked at an advertising company, with the marketing team. I was able to develop many professional skills in B2B marketing but also in B2C. I also learned a lot about teamwork, which was not something natural for me in the first place. I realized how important it is in a company!

It was my first experience in a Sharehouse, besides my family, I have never lived with somebody else. I was always afraid to live with other people and not to getting along together, but for this 2 months internship, I thought that I could give it a try. It was a good experience in the end and I am happy I did it! Everybody was really nice and didn't make any trouble.

I was able to take some weekend trips outside Taipei and I spent all my free time sightseeing in the city. Taiwan is a really beautiful Country, with amazing spots and nice people. Probably the best Trip of my life.

Iris

Taipei experience

Taiwanese architecture is really something that I find fascinating. Just by looking carefully at the buildings' architecture, you can tell the history of the city. Taipei was full of surprises and beautiful spots, it was so delightful to work in such conditions. It was an unforgettable and fulfilling experience for the architecture lover that I am.
Interning abroad can be scary and overwhelming but what you learn and whom you meet in the end is worth the challenge! The entire process, from application to completion, was smooth and understandable, Meiji's staff did a great job so you don't have to worry. I mean, guys, just do it and don't be afraid!

Mariah

Design in Taiwan

I am fascinated by Asian culture since middle school so I decided that it was finally time to realize my dream, so I applied for this internship. I am studying Chinese and Japanese on my own so it was also a good chance to improve my language skills. My major at uni is digital design so it was my field of choice. I had an interview quite quickly and the company seemed perfect to me, and they also accepted me so I was really excited! It was an IT company, and they were developing a mobile app so I mainly worked on this app alongside another designer. I also did some work for their official website. It was a great chance for me to learn from a professional about this amazing job!

Eva

A great opportunity

I went to Taiwan for 2 months as part of my internship. I've been to Asia several times thanks to my parents but Taiwan was the first time for me. I don't know why it took me so long to visit this wonderful country! You have two kinds of places in Taiwan: the big cities with modern buildings and lots of people, and the wild nature with mountains and waterfalls. I love both! One is perfect for working, hanging out with friends, and the other one is perfect to have a refreshing break during the weekends. This internship was a great opportunity to gain work experience in a fantastic environment. Thanks to my Chinese skills I was able to do translation work in a trading company. This kind of experience makes a huge difference on your resume, so go go go!!!

Laurène

What a great adventure, thank you Meiji Internships.

I interned for about 2 months, in Taipei. I learned so many things and got to know many nice people! When I started, I didn't know that much about marketing, but now I feel like a different person thanks to all the knowledge I have gained. They taught me how to write good blog articles and how to promote a business through social media. I felt lucky to be there and relieved that Meiji Internships organized the whole trip with me.
Taiwan is an interesting country. Taipei is modern with lots of people but still, you can feel the authentic atmosphere. 2 months was a good length for experiencing life in Taiwan, but I would have been happy to stay longer!