- South Africa
- Cape Town
View Other Details
- At least one year of relevant college/university study in a related field
- Dedicated intern support
- Comprehensive internship guide
- Reflection learning course
- Pre-departure interview
- Flight and travel insurance deals
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Internship placement
- Learning support service
Intern Abroad HQ offers the most flexible, valuable and affordable internships in South Africa, starting from just 2 weeks duration. If you're looking to gain international career experience while immersing yourself in a new culture, South Africa is the perfect internship destination.
In Cape Town, we offer 13 unique internship placements in the fields of business, medical and healthcare, psychology and more. Farther afield, you can choose from 3 unique environmental conservation internships in the region's most iconic game reserves, like Kruger National Park.
Once you’ve completed your internship, you’ll receive an international reference from your host organization that will help your resume to stand out in front of future employers. Our dedicated team is committed to ensuring your internship sets you up for a successful global career.
- Choose from 16 unique internship placements in Cape Town, Kruger National Park, Sodwana Bay & more
- Placements in South Africa begin every Monday throughout the year starting from just 2 weeks duration
- We source and arrange your internship placement from start to finish with fees including airport transfer, orientation, accommodation, and 24/7 local support
- All interns participate in our reflection-based learning curriculum that fosters the development of transferable soft skills that employers value
- Explore South Africa in your spare time and immerse yourself in the vibrant local culture
Based at the Gondwana Game Reserve, a leading conservation reserve in central South Africa, interns will learn how to use GIS software, collect GIS data on the ground, and apply data and skills to solve real-world African conservation issues. Develop essential transferable skills with leading open-source software QGIS.
Gain valuable experience into human rights law and social advocacy in Cape Town, where unique social issues and discrimination impact a range of communities. Day-to-day activities include assisting local lawyers, research, and clerical and case management support.
Learn about inpatient services, community health, addiction, substance abuse, and more as a Psychology intern in Cape Town. You'll assist and shadow local professionals, observing real life therapies to develop valuable experience and understanding.
If you’re passionate about marine conservation and scuba diving - this is the opportunity for you! Sodwana Bay is a World Heritage site with renowned natural beauty and coral reefs that are home to turtles, whales and manta rays. Learn about Indian Ocean reef conservation, gain marine ecology training and scuba experience in one of the world's prime marine habitats.
This unique internship combines reserve management experience with specialized project activities. This dynamic approach provides interns with a real-world opportunity to gain scientific mentorship and learn practical new skills related to fieldwork, data and ecology.