• United States of America
    • New York

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round

Pricing

Program fees begin at $1,050.00 / £750.00 for a 4 week experience, and include your personalized fashion industry internship, access to your own personal program manager who will guide you through the entire process, as well as advice on finding housing, securing a visa (if required), and travel assistance.
Jan 02, 2021
Aug 12, 2021
2 travelers are looking at this program

Our NY internship programs provide ambitious students with the opportunity to get 'up-close' and 'hands-on' with the fashion industry in the Big Apple.

Interning in New York at leading fashion houses, brands, magazines and PR & events agencies, you will have the opportunity to experience one of the global fashion capitals of the world, as you live, work, and experience all that the industry has to offer!

Your bespoke FWI internship program will see you immersed in a sector of the industry (Marketing, Design, Production, PR, Communications, Manufacturing, Merchandising, and more), gaining insight, experience, and transferable skills, that can help you build new skills, and get hired quicker.

Every applicant is assigned a dedicated Program Manager, who will work to ensure that your program is tailored to deliver first-hand fashion industry experience, giving you the opportunity to develop your network of industry contacts, enhance your resume, and make you stand-out.

Program Highlights

• Intern in a top fashion brand or business
  • Build connections with industry professionals
  • Programs are eligible for course credit
  • Choose when to start, and how long you intern for (from 4 up to 48 weeks)
  • Accommodation, travel and visa advice available

Audrey

Amazing experience!

Doing a Fashion Week Internship has been an incredible experience! FWI were able to guide me when I felt like I was at a crossroads, trying to decide what I wanted to do in my career. I feel like I left the program having achieved all of my goals, and will carry the momentum into my professional and personal lives. Doing my internship while NY was still reopening definitely presented additional challenges, but being able to work back in the showroom after initially working remotely made such a difference to the experience. Being able to complete my internship having built new connections, with fresh and relevant work experience in my field on my resume, and a clear path to keep pursuing my dreams, is priceless. I felt like FWI was always there to help if I needed them, and staying in the US took away a lot of the problems that some of my friends had to deal with. I have made friends for life, and now have a career mentor to help guide me forwards. I am so grateful for the experience.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Covid definitely impacted my early experience, and I feel like waiting until the end of Summer to start the internship would have changes the overall experience.