International Internships in New York with The Intern Group

International Internships in New York with The Intern Group

Summer Internships: Deadline Approaching

The Intern Group's summer internship programs are filling up. Apply today so that you don't miss out!

*Please note: as we offer international programs, our USA internships are not available to US Citizens. We encourage you to look at our other destinations (Europe, Canada, Asia, Australia or Latin America).*

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the cultural and financial capitals of the world, New York City. During your internship abroad, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in New York will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Current student or recent graduate? Take this chance to gain experience that will make your resume stand out. Not sure what you want to study yet? Take a gap year to test-drive your career. Professional in transition? Gain experience in your new field.

New York
Weekly Hours
- A professional internship placement
- High quality accommodation
- Airport pickup
- Metro card for the duration of your stay
- Pre-trip welcome package and welcome induction
- Professional development workshop and tools
- Visa assistance
- 24/7 support from our full-time local team
- A full calendar of social and cultural events including:
- Top Of The Rock - Enjoy the best views that New York City has to offer from the Top Of The Rock observation deck.
- Day trip to the MOMA - Experience modern art like never before at one of the world’s most famous modern art museums.
- Food On Foot Tour - Get to know the melting pot of the world’s diverse culture through its cuisine.
- Twilight Sightseeing Cruise - Cruise on the Hudson River past New York’s iconic landmarks and watch the skyline transform as day turns to night.

Best Internship Ever!!

I interned in New York City for 8 weeks through the Intern Group. Throughout the whole process from applying to interviewing with companies and even getting my visa there was always someone there to talk to each step of the way. I felt so supported and it made the process so much easier for me. Once I arrived in New York the experience coordinators were all so happy and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure everyone felt comfortable and included. The activities that were included were so much fun and allowed everyone to make friends easily and quickly. The company that I ended up interning for was awesome and it was so reassuring on my first day to know that it was all legit and real as it had all gone though the Intern Group! For anyone contemplating doing an internship abroad I could not recommend the Intern Group enough they are all so professional and make the whole experience that much more amazing!!

I wouldn’t have had it any other way, it was amazing!!

This internship has brought me experience and friends like I could have never imagined. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to explore a new culture and learn things at the same time. You also get to do all the touristy things but with an inside look at it thanks to the people working for the group! They give you amazing tips on where to eat/shop/go if you are on a budget or not.
You work most of the week so don't forget to make the most out of your free time because when it is time to leave you will feel like you arrived yesterday.

Best team!

The Intern Group Team was so lovely and welcoming. They made every effort to get to know each and every intern and make you feel comfortable in a new environment. The professional development workshops were also very valuable along with the internships. For future participants, start the process early to avoid stresses with visa applications. The internship has really helped me figure out what direction I want to take my career in and has given me great experience which I look forward to taking to my next applications and job.

Great team, great city

I completed a 10 week fashion/business internship in New York. I stayed at the 92Y accommodation and loved meeting the other people staying in the building both inside and outside of the intern group, who I am now great friends with! We also got free gym and pool access, free open wifi and weekly house keeping.
My workplace had a casual and friendly atmosphere which I settled into quickly, and by the end I felt like a valued memeber of the team. The company was prepared for an intern, had plenty of tasks for me to complete and provided a great ‘on the job’ learning experience.
During the weekends I attended social events held by the intern group; which was a great way to meet the interns staying at the other accomodation, see and learn about the city, and get into events for free!
I don’t think you could find more friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming people for the experience team! They were always available to contact any time, day or night, if there was a problem.

More time to get the visa in the application process - I needed to fly to another state to get to a consulate and the whole thing felt like I had no time!
Car service driver (from the airport) couldn’t ‘find’ me for an hour, even though I had called their company and stayed sat stayed in an easy to recognise place, he also had the flu.
I loved the rest of my experience!

Experience of a Lifetime

Like many others, when approaching the Intern Group I was skeptical of their legitimacy. Their approval process seemed suspiciously easy and the upfront payment prior to placement was questionable. Now, after almost completing my internship, I can happily say that those worries are unjustified and unnecessary. The experience I have had on my New York internship has been life changing. The company I work for has been fantastic (and I am even staying on with them in a full time position), the social network you build is unlike any other and the experience coordinators ensure an exceptional time abroad. The accomodation we were provided wasn't lavish, but in terms of amenities and convenience it ticked all the boxes. Plus, all of the other interns stay in the same building so you will rarely find a lonely night where you're not eating dinner, opening a bottle of wine or binging Netflix together. I'd also like to mention that even though TIG seems to have a high acceptance rate, I haven't met a single intern that I don't believe belongs here. They are all intelligent, educated individuals with abundant people skills. Also a special shoutout to Brian, Satya and Paola, the experience coordinators who genuinely love their jobs and make it their mission to make sure we are all having the time of our lives. Overall, I can't recommend TIG enough, I wish I could relive this experience all over again. Whilst I understand some people might have different experiences in terms of their selected company or living quarters, the negative reviews are the outliers to an otherwise well oiled machine.

Julia Pegg - Headshot

An Exception to the Rule

I have long lived by the philosophy that if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. When I stumbled upon The Intern Group website in February 2017 this was my initial gut feeling. Despite this, I soon found myself interviewing for the New York program and accepted for a Marketing position very soon after.

Skip to now… as it turns out, something this good can be true! The Intern Group- New York Program not only delivered on the promise of a high quality professional experience, personal growth/development and cultural emersion – it surpassed all my expectations.

I have just completed an eight-week internship at an industry changing tech start-up based on Wall Street. During this time, I worked in the Business Development (Brand Partnership) team where I engaged with hundreds of brands, assisted the in-house creative and production team with media assets and occasionally pitched to investors. I have never worked in a company where I have felt so included, valued and motivated. I credit The Intern Group with connecting me with such a brilliant company that aligns so closely with my interests, personality and goals.

The Intern Group organises a vast range of weekend activities and monthly personal development sessions. They are always super fun and very worthwhile as they allow you to interact with other Interns and share experiences with each other.

This Internship has allowed me to form lifelong connections, solidified my passion for my field of study and given me some of the best memories of my life. I absolutely recommend The Intern Group- New York Program. You’ll have an awesome time.

The only thing I would suggest is to ensure all information prior to the program start date is up to date to avoid confusion. Also, maybe explain a bit better what the function/purpose of CENET is and be more forthcoming with the additional fees involved.

Intern NY

The Intern Group program was an absolutely unforgettable experience. I've met so many great people and learned so much. I feel the program has helped me understand a lot about where I'm headed in life, both professionally and personally, and has given me the experience and confidence necessary to face any other challenges life sends my way. This is definitely an experience I will remember for life, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to intern in the Big Apple.

Amazing experience

Great esperience overall, very good programme and very well organised. A lot of extra activities planned as well .
The internship was very good, I learned a lot and definitely useful for my future career. It gave me to opportunity to experience what it is like to work in a business and to be part of a real team.

During my time in NYC I also felt very safe as there was always talk to someone to talk to if I needed anything of if I had any concerns at all. The experience cordinator was very helpful in answering any questions we might have and showing us around the city!!
Some of the organised activities were really cool and so much fun.

I would definitely raccomand it, as it's a good way to gain some very helpful work experience and have some fun exploring a new city!

Rosie's take on NYC

My internship in New York City has been the experience of a lifetime. It has been the most rewarding and exciting 2 months, and I am so upset to be leaving! I couldn't have done an internship abroad without the help and support of The Intern Group; it was so handy not having to worry about finding accommodation or my own placement at a company. The housing location was amazing, situated in the Upper East Side so close to Central Park. While I had some issues with the accommodation itself (it's a bit outdated, I had to pack up and move rooms halfway through, and the shared bathrooms leave something to be desired!) it was an excellent location and very safe. Having other interns from the same program in the same building was great for socialising and making friends, and there is definitely a sense of community among the interns. Our experience coordinator, Brian, makes sure everyone gets to know each other, and we often organise social events in the evenings and on weekends, as well as the tours organised by Brian as part of the program.
My internship itself has been an incredible experience. I was given responsibilities and the lead on important tasks, and felt I made an impact at my company. It was satisfying and rewarding to be working in a company where I was appreciated and constantly learning. The team I work with are amazing, so I am very grateful to The Intern Group for introducing me to the people that I now call friends, and can use as professional contacts moving forward in my career.
Overall, my experience in New York City has been amazing. Unfortunately, due to visa issues, I was unable to intern for my full 8 weeks, completing 7 instead. If I could do it over I would stay even longer. But I have been assured the visa issues many of us faced in getting into the US have now been solved.
I recommend interning in this city to everyone I speak to, and The Intern Group dealt with all the nitty gritty bits of planning a long stay abroad that I didn't trust myself to do well!

As I said, most of my issues with the program stemmed with visa sponsorship issues and the company The Intern Group used - which are now being solved. The accommodation isn't flashy but it does the job, however it could be better organised as many of us had to move rooms mid-stay. While my internship was great, it would be good to have the chance to interview with a few different companies before you decide which one is right for you.

The Intern Group

I adored my internship in New York. My 6 weeks there felt like a film. I interned with a judge in Manhattan family court, which was an opportunity I couldn't have found without the help of the Intern Group. Generally during the day I responded to emails, worked with the Judge's court attorney and observed cases in the court room with the Judge. These cases covered a variety of issues, from special victim unit cases to juvenile delinquency. I found this fascinating, and it has really benefited my understanding of family law and how the American legal system works. I also got to travel around the city to various courthouses, including Queen's and the Bronx. I wouldn't have been able to find or complete this internship without the help of The Intern Group and for that I am very helpful.

If completed overseas internships before with similar companies and definitely felt that the Intern Group was very well organised, safe and efficient. In New York they had a fantastic experience coordinator called Brian who instantly brought everyone together and made you feel like you part of the family. I also liked that he arranged weekend activities and things to do, which really helped getting to know the other interns and made my New York experience very enjoyable.

Overall I loved my time in New York and am happy that I used the Intern Group this summer. If you're thinking of applying to them my advice would be to go for it! :)

Get a new visa company!

Intern New York is the best

My experience in 6 weeks program with intern new york was amazing. Our housing was at 92Y located on upper east side Manhattan which was very convenient for me. I love how all the interns live next door so we get to chat or cook together all the time and that made us eventually become so much closer with each other.
I also think the events on every weekend hold by our experience coordinator Brian was great as well. Because all the interns are new to the city and we are all in a certain limited time to live here. There are events going on every weekend defiantly made me know the city better especially the time when I just arrived, I had no idea where to go or what to do. We did museum tour, food tour, boat tour, 9/11 area, and eventually all the events we did made me knew the city better. It was fun as well to go with a group.
Also attending all the professional training events were beneficial to me as well. It is nice to have professionals hold events for us as young professionals and give advice about resume or interviews for our future career.

I wish I could have more chance to do some different interviews with multiple companies before arriving to New York.

I feel that the international intern experience has been an unforgettable one. I have made new friends, experienced new cultures- living in a city i have never been to away from any close relatives. This experience has challenged me personally and helped me to grow. The opportunity the Intern Group offers is fantastic and i would definitely recommend others to use this company. The free travel cards are convenient, the other interns are welcoming (you will definitely make unforgettable friendships) and the work experience in a city like New York will definitely boost your career.

I feel that i have already discussed with intern new york

Intern Group NY Review

Before I get into my review I would just like to make a special thank you to Brian Limbo, the experience co ordinator. Amazing, talented, intelligent man who takes his job seriously and was committed to the 24/7 support motto as promised.

Intern Group New York gave me an experience of a life time! I had opportunities to meet celebrities, go to exclusive locations around New York and even a flexible enough schedule to reconnect with a long lost brother.

The internship role was not exactly what I wanted, to be 100% honest, but regardless it was unique and challenging. I was expecting a HR role but was introduced and worked in a business development role. However, promises were kept!! I worked the hours agreed and explored the wonders of New York's delights.

Accommodation ... Was... Dreadful .. If you are used to a more luxury stay like I am accustomed to it is like a shock, shared showers and toilet facilities which fit up to 8 people at once is unheard of to me. However we was allowed our own private bedrooms which was greatly appreciated. Also 24/7 security made me feel quite safe but there were boys on the girls floor at untimely hours which made me feel a little nervous at times, there was even a drunk boy screaming in the hallway looking for his friend one night which made me feel quite unsafe which is the reason I couldn't rate the security 10/10. The accommodation however was great at giving out cheap event tickets and free events.

The overall experience was amazing, I wouldn't change it for the world and if anything Id do it all over again within the correct job role but I wouldn't erase the experience of lessons learnt.

The accommodation would be the only thing I would truly change other than that I had a great time, I don't think it has to be luxury but just nothing where bathrooms can't be used in privacy I feel that's a basic human right honestly.

Experience of a lifetime

My experience in New York was great and I believe it has helped me both professionally and personally. I was constantly given tasks that challenged me at work and had great support from supervisors and peers.
I saw and experienced something new everyday in New York City and with friends from all over the world, I got a chance to live, interact and work with a very international and diverse group. All interns in the program were close and we had fun outings together along with cultural experiences.
Brian from INY brought us all together and and did a great job at helping us adjust to the city and showing us around.
Though the program was a great experience, the interview process and placement into the company interned at was not handled very professionally. The visa process was also handled unprofessionally which not only led to delay in starting my internship but also for all the interns in the program.

More interactions of the program directors, more trainings would improve the experience. Visa and placement processes need to be handled more professionally

Worked hard, played hard

This summer in New York has been the perfect combination of work experience, professional development, tourism and good fun. My internship company was perfect for what I wanted to achieve out of the summer, and the social / tourist side of the programme meant I instantly got stuck into the wealth of activities and sights that New York has to offer. In particular, organised activities like the Food on Foot tour were a great way to get off the touristy beaten path and see some hidden gems, while staples of a New York visit like going to the Top of the Rock gave us great photo opportunities. A messenger chat full of interns here for the same reason meant that there was always someone to invite out to share an experience with, whether it was dinner at a restaurant or a trip to Central Park, and I have made many great friends here. The only bad thing I can think of to say is that it eventually had to come to an end!

The visa sponsorship agency used were not very good, although as far as I can tell steps are being taken to partner with a different agency.

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...