Internships in New York with The Intern Group

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, The Intern Group has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Fun time at Wall Street :)
Whitney Museum
Professional Training
Top of the Rock
A trip to Coney Island to catch some sun and go on the rides

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the cultural and financial capitals of the world, New York City. During your internship, you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career. Your internship in New York will make you stand out from your peers.

Partnering with a range of companies, organizations and NGOs, our program will boost your professional development. We offer programs for people of all backgrounds and experience levels. Your program includes a leading internship in your field, professional development tools and workshop, a personalized one-on-one career coaching session, accommodation, airport pick up, regular social and cultural events, 24/7 emergency assistance and many other great benefits.

Realize your potential with an internship in NYC.

• Have a leading internship in New York City! Our personalized process ensures that you will be working in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your profile and goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! In today's society, everyone does sport, plays an instrument and is part of a society. As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page!
  • Have an amazing life experience in the most high profile city in the US! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. Thats why our team on the ground is made up of locals who are there to give you support 24/7.
  • Make friends and professional networks in the USA, and from all over the world! Whether you like it or not, it's not what you know, it's who you know.
  • Develop the professional skills to make your mark in the 21st Century! By immersing yourself in a new culture and doing an internship, you learn about different cultures and the way they work.

Enroll with confidence

Learn more about our Lifetime Credit policy if your plans need to change.

Phoebe

Can't fault them!

I arrived in New York just as the severity of the outbreak became realised. I worked for 2 days in the office before then spending the remaining two weeks working form home. With the support of Brian and Isis, I made the decision to fly home early but continue my internship from home. I couldn't have asked for better people to have guided me through this process and tried to make an unprecedented situation feel more normal. The weekend social activities (before the city got shut down) were so impressive and I was gutted not too have been able to do them all! Thank you so much to Brian, Isis, Hanna and all at the Intern Group for going above and beyond in these times and do their utter best to support, advise and try to give us all an amazing experience

Go with an open mind and throw yourself into everything that is on offer!
David

The Intern Group do well in a crisis

We're writing this about the programme set up for our daughter and to say how well the Intern Group have responded to the coronavirus crisis. She arrived in New York for an internship with a not-for-profit just before the outbreak. On her third day in work, it was discovered that the second person with a confirmed case of the virus worked in her building, which was closed down straight away. Over the next ten days, she had to work from home but while the placement organisation were doing their best, there wasn't much they could offer her to do. It soon became clear that the internship was being overtaken by much bigger events and there was no prospect of meaningful work experience. At this point, our daughter agreed with the Intern Group that it was best to suspend the programme, and she left New York to stay with friends in Toronto.

Throughout this difficult and stressful time, everyone we were in touch with at the Intern Group were great. Brian, the contact in New York, could not have done more and went out of his way to help. Hannah, the Americas Head of Experience, has also been tremendous, taking time to call and to follow up all our concerns and questions.

Moreover, the Intern Group has agreed that all the 'unused' time and costs on the internship - including rent - can be held over and put towards a new position and experience once this nightmare with coronavirus is over. This has made a huge difference to our daughter, who feared that months of planning, working, and saving had been wiped out.

Through all this desperately difficult time, the Intern Group's focus has been on treating everyone well and fairly - even, no doubt, where it has come at a financial cost to them. For this, they deserve a lot of credit, and certainly have our thanks.

Well done!

Eyal

Best Program!!!

I just completed a 6 month internship in New York through the Intern Group and I couldn’t be happier with my experience. From the beginning everything was very organized and the application process was easy going. The staff is really great. Every question or concern gets answered in no time. Once in New York, the staff takes very good care of you and all the other Interns. They make you feel like home. The accommodation is very nice. Everyone gets a room with a private bathroom and even a little kitchen! Working in New York is amazing. The city is absolutely one of the best places to work and live. My host company was a real estate brokerage, which was great since I want to get into that field. The coworkers were all super friendly and I learnt a lot from them. Getting a first hand insight into american lifestyle and work ethics is one of the major take aways from this internship. On top of the amazing time I had here, I got offered a job at my host company. Of course I accepted and I can’t wait to get my career started in this amazing city. I recommend this program to anyone who wants an amazing experience abroad. I would give more than 10 stars if i could :)

Jen

Career shifting

The intern group cater for everyone and that’s what makes them fantastic. It’s invlusive of age , study, country and skill level. This program is not just for students but for those needing to gain experience in a different field or shifting their career field focus. They can assist you with the hurdles that older graduates may face. Their support is ongoing and fantastic . They genuinely care about each intern and you really do become a family unit. I would say pack a little extra money to get you set up in your unit with some cooking supplies and bedding etc. always buy the monthly subway tickets too!

Aakash

Internship in New York

I had a great internship experience in New York. The staff were all very supportive from my first interview to being out here in New York. Furthermore staff always stayed in contact with us during the internship to make sure we were ok. The accommodation was good and the other interns were all so friendly and we had regular fun nights out. The staff who did the tours were all so nice and welcoming. The company I interned in was very good and always made me work on new projects and I got to learn a lot. I would defiantly recommend this program to future participants it is a life changing experience.

Have a introduction dinner on the first night people arrive as it is a great way to meet everyone.
Maira

Amazing experience in NYC

I had a wonderful time during the 6 months program. This experience exceeds my expectations. The accommodation was very well located and I always felt safe. Brian, Satya and Paola were very helpful and available at any time. Nicholas was very helpful during the whole process and gave me all the support I needed. The Intern Group found a great company for my internship which allowed me to grow professionally. I was very satisfied! I met new people who most of them will become friends for a life time. Regarding me it is the best program ever! Thank you the Intern Group! You are doing a great job!

A few interns stay alone during Thanksgiving and holidays season so it could be great to organize something for them.
Dannielle

Best Internship Ever!!

I interned in New York City for 8 weeks through the Intern Group. Throughout the whole process from applying to interviewing with companies and even getting my visa there was always someone there to talk to each step of the way. I felt so supported and it made the process so much easier for me. Once I arrived in New York the experience coordinators were all so happy and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure everyone felt comfortable and included. The activities that were included were so much fun and allowed everyone to make friends easily and quickly. The company that I ended up interning for was awesome and it was so reassuring on my first day to know that it was all legit and real as it had all gone though the Intern Group! For anyone contemplating doing an internship abroad I could not recommend the Intern Group enough they are all so professional and make the whole experience that much more amazing!!

I wouldn’t have had it any other way, it was amazing!!
Sarah

TIGNY

This internship has brought me experience and friends like I could have never imagined. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to explore a new culture and learn things at the same time. You also get to do all the touristy things but with an inside look at it thanks to the people working for the group! They give you amazing tips on where to eat/shop/go if you are on a budget or not.
You work most of the week so don't forget to make the most out of your free time because when it is time to leave you will feel like you arrived yesterday.