Global Experiences Internships in New York City

New York is the city that never sleeps and never stops giving interns an incredible experience. The Big Apple is the largest city in the United Sates and packed with nearly every industry. During your 8 or 12 week internship, you’ll live in the heart of Manhattan while having a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

Some of the most popular internships include fashion, finance, media, and many other career fields. An internship with Global Experiences puts you right in middle of all the hustle and bustle of the greatest city on earth. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure your NYC experience is one you’ll never forget.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to find a high-quality internship that matches your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We work with you to understand your career interests and internship goals. From the first phone call we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in a student-residence in the heart of NYC with other Global Experiences interns. Your accommodations will have easy access to public transportation, and be close to some of the best shopping and nightlife in NYC.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your resume and cover letter. We also prepare you for any interview with potential employers, establish internships goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinators live in NYC year-round and provide with you with an insider’s glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator provides 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Yes! Global Experiences offers three internships that are right up your alley. Here's a link that will take you right to the IT/computing internships: https://www.globalexperiences.com/internships/new-york-inte… .
Hi Ruby! Our Summer 2018 tuition ranges from $7,990-$8,290 USD, depending on if you'll need a visa or not. Hope that this helps!
Hi Alyssa! As with many internships, the vast majority of our internship placements are unpaid. We look for opportunities that allow our interns to gain the best possible experience while adhering to local laws and visa restrictions. If an employer offers you a stipend or other form of compensation you are welcome to accept it. We hope that this helps! - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing...
Hi Andreea, I'm not 100% sure about the NY program but I know for the London program Global Experiences worked with students to find an internship in their field (everything from fashion to politics and health). I would apply and see what kind of companies they have connections with in NYC!

Alyse

NYC at it's best

This has been a great experience. Global experience has helped out a lot from beginning to the end. They have helped with resume build up, placement and interview tips. working with the libertarian party was new and very exciting. I have learned so much from the party about campaigning and local government politics. I have walked away from this opportunity with new knowledge and a new outlook on my goals and career. Also meeting the other girls from around the world was a great experience.

I think it is great and does not have any flaws.
Ellen

NYC Internship

As I previously just finished my 8-week internship, I am pleased with how enriching my experience was interning for a Marketing Agency. I enjoyed being able to have the opportunity to apply my educational background to various marketing tasks. I have learned so much about myself in the business/work environment, marketing, and the industry of eCommerce. This internship program has proven to be an invaluable experience for me! I highly recommend getting involved with Global Experiences!

Georgeanne

New York City Life

I didnt think I could do it. I didnt think being an older college student, and being a New Jersey native, that I could work in NYC. Now I know I can!! After the intenships I can say I have what it takes to get a job in NYC. Can I do the commute? YES. Can I get along with New Yorkers? YES Will I have the skills neccessary to take on a job in the city? YES. The 8 weeks we spend in internships gives us oportunity to see what the office, gallery (in my case) Graphic Design major - is like. Just having that day to day contact, and task within industry gives me a leg up on how to do this . YES I CAN thanks to Global Experiences I'm very excited about my future when I graduate college.

provide and optional meal plan, or at least a few local meal vouchers to restaurants.
Rachel

Summer Intern in New York City

I really enjoyed my internship with Global Experiences! As a math major, I wanted to explore the business side of the fashion industry. I worked as a production intern with Faviana International and had a fabulous experience. I did not live at the Global Experiences housing, and I signed up for the program purely to secure an internship. I attended two social events and was very unimpressed.

I signed up for Global Experiences to secure an internship, and I am very satisfied with that. On the other hand, I am extremely unimpressed by most of the staff.
alexandra

Summer in NYC

I have loved living in NYC so much this summer! My internship had its rock moments, but at the end of my internship I'll have published articles. It's been fun and interesting to live with other interns in the student housing and it's in a great location. There's so much to do here you can never get bored and I've met so many great, new lifelong friends. I learned the program is going to be much more fun depending on how much you put yourself out there and are open to new things and people.

This program can be improved by looking deeper into the internships before placing participants. I was promised I would be doing certain tasks and my internship turned into something else completely for awhile I wasn't really interested in.
Katie

I got to be part of it, New York!

I've now done two internships with Global Experiences (London and New York) and the internship I recently had in New York was brilliant. Global Experiences is very hands on, and strives to make sure you get a wonderful internship and experience. I worked in the fashion field and instantly fell in love with my work, and the city. Each day was exciting and full of tasks that I knew were important, not something mundane like fetching coffee. I've made lasting connections and added to my resume. Not bad for a recent college grad!

Monique

Great experience overall!

Global Experiences has truly opened many doors for me. Now I'm currently considering various paths and plans for myself that I never thought I would ever consider to begin with. I am extremely grateful for the experience and it has proven to be a huge catalyst in my life. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and/or colleague. It's definitely worth it. The immersion in a different environment and culture is priceless.

Cost can be quite demanding and it can't be accessible to everyone, unfortunately. I highly believe that the programs will be more cost-effective if more social activities and amenities are provided and coordinated. Other than that, Global Experiences has done a good job in making my NYC experience amazing.
Lauren

OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE!

Global Experiences is a fantastic company! I have gone through them twice, once for an internship in London and one in New York City! Each experience was completely different from the last. My experience in London was absolutely amazing! I truly enjoyed my internship they placed me in an area that was great for me and where I made a life long mentor and friend! In New York I got to learn how a larger company was ran and met many nice people who where happy to help me in my future endeavors! Not only did I learn a lot through my experiences I got many great connections! Living abroad and experiencing new things is something that has helped shape my life and I would do it again and again if I could!!

there where a few things that I would have fixed from my first round with global experiences. After speaking with them I saw those changes met the next year! Global Experiences does there best to make the program work for the individual and make each interns money go towards a special experience for everyone!
Sasha

Experience of a lifetime

I am a native of Arizona and have never lived anywhere else. Going to New York gave me a completely different perspective. I would even go as far as saying it gave me a wake up call. After this summer program I have much more appreciation and respect for different cultures. I met some the most amazing people on my trip that I will never forget. I met life long friends who I will keep in contact with from here on out. I also got to find out more about myself. Three pieces of advice I have for anyone who is reading this is.

"You must be uncomfortable to be comfortable"

"Life is literally too short, so put down your cell phone or any other electronics and meet people and go enjoy the outdoors"

"Stay positive, no matter what the circumstance or situation is"

Meal plans; I know this program tried it before, but I would've appreciated meal plans. Buying groceries in New York is ridiculous and carrying the bags back to my room was a pain in the butt.
Harry

Amazing Experience

This was the best thing I've ever done, not only does it look great on my CV that I have worked abroad and in New York of all places but I also met amazing people, made great friends and had the best time ever. I did not want to come home.

Mimixa

Life changing experience

The Global Experiences internship in New York was professionally and personally enriching. The internship allowed me to experience the work culture of this fast paced city and it also allowed me to attend social events around the city with fellow interns on the program. My internship was a formal program where we had guest speakers and lectures. At the same time we were only given work that was acceptable within the internship. I found this to be quite nice. Thank you to Global Experiences for finding a formal internship program at a company.
I was also able to meet people from around the world and form lasting friendships. Socially the program is fun and and interesting. We all had each other's support and enjoyed various parts of New York. I have grown professionally and enjoyed my time in New York. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to expand their global perspective and experience a new culture. New York is one the most fast paced cities in the world and experiencing life and work here was a valuable experience.

Michelle

Would do it all over again!

Before leaving, I never thought I'd ever consider another place other than Melbourne, my home. Now New York is the only place I would like to be, and the support of Global Experiences played a big role in that.

Leading up to my departure, I received much support from the Global Experiences staff. Every question I had, every concern they answered and quelled. They were also very patient with me, as I was rather slow with my replies and lodging of paper-work. They were always so warming and welcoming it made the process much easier.

GE were able to set me up with the perfect internship. They set me up with a small business events management firm that was right up my alley. There, I learnt skills that I would not have been able to gain through my university books. I assisted in creating, holding and breaking down monthly business networking events. It was a perfect match.

My stay in New York was ABSOLUTELY amazing. Living at the 92Y made me feel safe at all times. There was 24hr front desk security, who were also very warming and welcoming. It was also pleasant living with other students and interns, so I never felt alone. I've also made life long friends living there.

But it was mainly the Global Experiences staff who made the experience. With a caretaker (I guess that what we can call him) he guided us around the city with weekly or bi-weekly social events. Here, the other interns part of GE met up and shared stories and became friends. Sounds almost cheesy but its true! Dom (caretaker), always asked where we would like to go, or what we would like to see and experience and planned an elaborate social calendar over the 13 weeks. He was very engaging and absolutely amazing!

BUT it didn't stop there!

For one weekend, my friend (who was also part of the GE program) ventured off to Washington DC. There, the Washington DC GE staff met up with us and showed us around George Town. We walked around and they gave us a little friendly tour of the town. The GE hospitality extends far and wide!

This is an amazing (an overly used but honest word) program! I would recommend it to all who are willing to be adventurous and ambitious.

Though this experience, I have made life-long friends from around the world. I now have knowledge and certain skill-set that would've have taken me years to gain. And to top it off, I have a lifetime of memories. I never thought I would ever utter such cheeesy words, but its nothing but the truth!

I actually don't know. The accommodation was great! Program was fantastic! Social calendar was well-planned. Their hospitality and communication was on par. I guess the only thing I would change is.. nothing.
Md

A lifetime experience

Jammed streets, honking cars, taxi's pulling over everywhere more often dangerously! Yes you got, a typical day in busy metropolitan of New York. Everyone is rushing to make it to the top in the Financial Capital of the World. I had the opportunity to live and experience the great lifestyle of New York as I did my internship with one of the leading financial advising firms of the work. It was a great experience not only because of the opportunity I got in working with Investors Capital Corp. and live in NY but also because of the program providers, Global Experiences.
GE made it easy for us to settle in and made sure we experience NY besides working five times a week. It is perhaps an experience that has not only boosted my resume and given me the edge, it has also landed me my first job as a permanent paid intern at another firm. Thank You Global Experiences and team.

I would like to rate the program as efficient, motivating, engaging and definitely a great opportunity. If there was any one thing I would like to change, its may be a bigger group of interns next time!

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...