Global Experiences Internships in New York City

The group
The group
Nathan West photography, included with program
Brooklyn rooftop bar, great way to see Manhattan skyline
Rooftop slip and slide party; included with program
NYC Interns
NYC Interns
NYC Intern - Alexandra B.
NYC Intern - Alexandra B.
Summer internships in New York City
Summer internships in New York City

New York is the city that never sleeps and never stops giving interns an incredible experience. The Big Apple is the largest city in the United States and packed with nearly every industry. During your internship, you’ll live in the heart of Manhattan while having a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

Some of the most popular internships include fashion, finance, media, and many other career fields. An internship with Global Experiences puts you right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the greatest city on earth. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals. We’ll support you every step of the way to make sure your NYC experience is one you’ll never forget.

Please note, the price of tuition covers a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in New York City with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in New York City year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Electrical engineering is not currently available in New York City unfortunately, but we have other locations where engineering is a more available but competitive career field such as Dublin.
You can be under 18 when applying but you must be 18 years old by the start of the program. There is no age limit for when you can no longer participate.
We do offer internships for Computer Science students. Career fields we find that they typically apply for are IT and Web Design.
Hi Ruby! Our Summer 2018 tuition for New York ranges from $7,590-$7,890 USD, depending whether or not you need a visa. Hope that this helps!

Alexandria

New York 2019

I am so happy that I made the decision to study abroad through global experiences! Halfway through my internship, the fashion marketing company I was working for shut down their showroom. Kristi, my location coordinator, instantly found me a new internship and made the process go as smoothly as possible.

I was very lucky and got an amazing random roommate whom I became very close with. I also got to know other interns in the group through the social events that the program put together for us. Kristi made an effort to get us all together as much as possible.

Overall, I really enjoyed this program and would recommend it to everyone. Global experiences ensures a very safe housing situation as well as helps through any troubles you may have!!

Margarita

YOU HAVE TO DO IT

My stay in New York is definitely something I'll always treasure! I learned so much- career-wise, and also, got to experience a lot of cultural exposure! I got to grow as a person as well. In Global Experiences, being abroad does not get lonely, because you are introduced to so many people who are very kind and warm.

Kristi made sure that my group and I are always doing well in our personal and work life. At first, I was very homesick but the more I exposed myself to this amazing opportunity. It diminished a whole lot. Kristi made me feel like I can call New York my second home, because of all the wonderful things she exposed us to.

I would like to thank Kristi and Hailey for helping me out throughout this whole journey! I would have not been as satisfied without them!

Mavis

NYC Communications Intern

Global Experiences couldn't have done a better job with their internship program in New York City, in my opinion. Not only did they place me with an amazing company where I learned invaluable skills that will be useful in both my professional and personal life, but also allowed me to explore Manhattan in a way I'd always dreamed of. GE provided and set up many extracurricular activities throughout the summer, such as a trip to Philadelphia and a day at Coney Island, but also encouraged us to explore the city on our own terms. The location of our apartment building was amazingly convenient in terms of transportation and recreation in the Upper West Side; Central Park was only a few blocks away and all of the fun Downtown has to offer takes just a short subway ride to get to. I can't express my gratitude for Global Experiences enough; without them, I would not have had the most amazing and impactful summer of my life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Probably being late for my first day of work (trust me, it was not intentional). My first day just so happened to be a rainy one, and the subway often runs late on rainy days. I ended up having to take an Uber from the Upper West Side to Chelsea, which, if you don't know already, is not only far away but a hefty charge. I learned to check the Weather app on my phone every night before work the next day so I would know if I'd need to leave earlier than usual. Also, downloading the Moovit app was tremendously helpful on weekends when I needed to use different subway lines to get around the city.
Utibeabasi

Living in New York- A Time to Remember

Interning in New York was such a wonderful experience. From my placement with a non-profit that I enjoyed working at- Higher Heights for America. They aim to endorse black women that are running for various political positions and also engage in programs that assist black women to participate politically. I got to be a part of the work they do and got to garner a lot of personal and professional skills.
Global Experiences also did a great job in setting up social events around the city where we the interns got a chance to bond and explore. Coney Island in Brooklyn was fun. I got to go on the famous Cyclone rollercoaster-Definitely an experience that you ought to engage in. New York is the city that is bursting with energy and lights so take your time to explore it event as you work. Try to prioritize, make time to relax and have fun because there's something for eveyone.
My program coordinator, Kristi was the best. She was always looking out for us to make sure every experience was one to remember. Every event with her leadership was so enjoyable.

One thing I would improve on is for Global Experiences to organize more events for their interns to partake on like cruises, tours, and visits to museums. There is so much to explore in NYC and with the amount of fees we pay for the experience, we have to enjoy our money's worth.
Anushka

New York City : Business Internship

Interning abroad, that too in New York was the best decision I made.
This was my first real work experience and my first time staying away from home for so long.
Global Experiences was there to help with every step of the way. The entire staff is super friendly and ready to help all the time.
The best part about interning in New York was New York itself! I fell in love with the city.
Extremely fast paced lifestyle of New York is very intimidating at first but you can't resist the charm of this city. My internship was super fun and it taught me a lot of things.
Every day was a new adventure!
New York gave me a whole new perspective to look at things, it made me more tolerant, and it changed me in many ways than one.
I highly recommend interning in NYC with GE!

Sara

My summer internship in NYC '19

I had the most amazing summer in NYC and it is all thanks to Global Experiences. They took the time to understand my careers plans and what I'm looking to gain from the internship. I was then matched with the ideal internship and I was supported throughout the process. I felt briefed and ready for NYC before arriving there which was great. Once I reached the city, my location coordinator Kristi has been incredible at being the first point of contact, organizing fun social events and made the experience even more wonderful. There is so much to see and do so it was great to have someone ready with suggestions of things to do and also willing to partake in the activities. It is both an amazing personal and professional experience and I highly recommend Global Experiences; you will not be disappointed!

There is so much to see in NYC so balance your time between your internship and exploring the city!
Michael

Global Experiences New York Summer Internship 2019 - Public Relations

I enjoyed my time here in New York City. The programme structure made my internship much easier to source and organise than if I had self-sourced the role and the Global Experiences staff provided excellent support throughout the application process. This was particularly helpful when obtaining all the relevant VISA documentation specific to the criteria of the internship. The internship itself was rewarding and inspiring, in line with the selections I'd made in the application process. The social events organised by GE alongside the programme were also really enjoyable, encouraging us to explore New York's culture and even including a day trip to Philadelphia outside of New York. I am returning to the UK feeling significantly more confident and assured in my career interests and trajectory.

Approach things with an open mind and accept that you will enjoy some aspects of New York culture and not others. I for one found the city slightly overwhelming at times. All of it however, is a great learning experience.
Sophie

Best decision!

Deciding to participate in a Fashion Marketing internship in NYC with GE is hands down the best decision I've made so far! GE placed me with an amazing New York-based designer that was perfectly suited to my needs and wants. During my internship, I helped out with NYFW, sales markets and our annual bridal show. I feel as though I was living a dream!
As for accomodation- the housing was very safe, great location, and I was perfectly paired with a stranger who has become a friend for life.
It was my first time ever visiting the U.S. and the longest I would have been away from home, so being surrounded by like-minded people in the GE programme made the experience much less daunting.
I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend GE!

Lindsey

The best decision I could have ever made for myself!

Deciding to do an internship in New York City was probably one of the best decisions I could have ever made for myself. My internship placement was amazing and it was so great to be able to apply what I have learned in college to the real working world. I highly recommend this for graduating students and recent graduates.
I've built solid, quality friendships that have impacted me in the best ways possible and are connections I will take with me for the rest of my life! Aside from gaining incredible experience through my internship and building strong friendships, what a lot of people don't talk about is the personal growth. These 3 months, I pushed myself out of my comfort zone, allowing myself to grow more as a person. I'm definitely coming home feeling like more of a solid person than when I had left, thanks to this experience!

Ami-Ray

NYC is the Place to Be!

This was quite honestly one of the best experiences of my life. As a novice traveler, I was nervous to get out of my comfort zone and travel in a way that I was not used to. I feel that I have gained so much in learning how to navigate a large city such as NYC. There were a lot of social events to attend so people who have a hard time getting out of their comfort zone can be pushed, but there was also plenty of time to do some independent traveling too. Global Experiences gives a good balance of letting you be your own person while also giving you support in case you start feeling homesick or uncomfortable. My internship placement could not have been more perfect and I really enjoyed my time both working at my internship and going out with other interns after. Be ready to make lasting relationships both professionally and socially. I would certainly recommend this program!

I think the only cons I had with this program had to do with housing issues, but it wasn't really in Global Experience's control.
Ashley

My NYC Internship

This internship was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Not only was I exposed to a network of support from GE, but also made life long friends and professional connections during my time here. Highly recommend to college students who are just starting out on the intern scene, who wants to learn more about a certain industry but also about themselves. Being submerged in the vibrant environment of New York City, I have developed life skills as well as professional skills, and will definitely return for more.

Alyse

NYC at it's best

This has been a great experience. Global experience has helped out a lot from beginning to the end. They have helped with resume build up, placement and interview tips. working with the libertarian party was new and very exciting. I have learned so much from the party about campaigning and local government politics. I have walked away from this opportunity with new knowledge and a new outlook on my goals and career. Also meeting the other girls from around the world was a great experience.

I think it is great and does not have any flaws.
Ellen

NYC Internship

As I previously just finished my 8-week internship, I am pleased with how enriching my experience was interning for a Marketing Agency. I enjoyed being able to have the opportunity to apply my educational background to various marketing tasks. I have learned so much about myself in the business/work environment, marketing, and the industry of eCommerce. This internship program has proven to be an invaluable experience for me! I highly recommend getting involved with Global Experiences!

Georgeanne

New York City Life

I didnt think I could do it. I didnt think being an older college student, and being a New Jersey native, that I could work in NYC. Now I know I can!! After the intenships I can say I have what it takes to get a job in NYC. Can I do the commute? YES. Can I get along with New Yorkers? YES Will I have the skills neccessary to take on a job in the city? YES. The 8 weeks we spend in internships gives us oportunity to see what the office, gallery (in my case) Graphic Design major - is like. Just having that day to day contact, and task within industry gives me a leg up on how to do this . YES I CAN thanks to Global Experiences I'm very excited about my future when I graduate college.

provide and optional meal plan, or at least a few local meal vouchers to restaurants.
Rachel

Summer Intern in New York City

I really enjoyed my internship with Global Experiences! As a math major, I wanted to explore the business side of the fashion industry. I worked as a production intern with Faviana International and had a fabulous experience. I did not live at the Global Experiences housing, and I signed up for the program purely to secure an internship. I attended two social events and was very unimpressed.

I signed up for Global Experiences to secure an internship, and I am very satisfied with that. On the other hand, I am extremely unimpressed by most of the staff.