Mandarin Lessons with Native Experienced Chinese Tutors

woman on skype on laptop
woman on skype on laptop

We are a start-up based in Xi'an. Most of our teachers have been teaching Mandarin Chinese for many years. We offer all students of our Mandarin school free advisory assistance when they come to China, including renting an apartment, teaching them survival Mandarin to talk with native people, how to use Chinese Uber, how to find great local restaurants, and so on. If you're interested, please get in contact, and we would love to give you a free 30 min trial Mandarin Chinese lesson.

• Specialized Chinese courses
  • Professional native tutors
  • Free advisory assistance when you are in China

• Instruction 9.9
Elyse

WaveChinese with Mary

Mary is an awesome teacher. She has been teaching my 8 year old son Mandarin and he has learned so much in a short period of time. He is speaking complete sentences now and is really excited to become fluent in Mandarin so he can speak to his grandmother who lives in China. Mary is very patient and extremely helpful. It is a good program for people to learn mandarin at home and great to have a native speaker as a teacher. The price I feel is very reasonable for the number of lessons. I feel this is also a good program for my son because he will be taking mandarin in high school, so he should be ahead of the other students.

It might be more fun if there were other kids and or adults. Also might be fun for them to learn some Chinese culture, music etc.
Karisse

Excellent and very Professional

Yes they are excellent! Their teaching approach with their student is very practical, meaning submerge immediately in communicating using mandarin.They correct and gives advice on how to express their thoughts in Chinese. It helps my child(Grade 7) with the Chinese subject and her exam results improved. She can understand and communicate in Mardarin well. Our “Lao shi” really encourage and motivates her student. I appreciate her work and patience. Great help indeed. I will definitely recommend them!

Mark

WaveChinese with Andrea

Working with Andrea has been wonderful. She teaches all sorts of things and is a lot of fun to talk to. Andrea explains things very well and knows the right amount of detail to use for explanations when teaching. She is very flexible about how to learn, e.g. sometimes we discuss random topics, other times we do only grammar for several classes, etc. She remembers what we discussed before better than I do and always checks to see how much I remember. Scheduling is very flexible even if I want to do many classes in a short time.

Not much to say here. I think everything is great!
Eoin

Fun informative learning experience

This is a great online teaching platform. Andrea is a smart native speaker, and we have a great time in the class. I have learned so much. A lot of learning, a lot of laughter.

usually do it once a week, and then I have homework to review and study. Really covers the basics, and then we cover stuff from my day to day, go over and practice words and sentences I might use for my job etc.

Andrea is lovely, very friendly & patient, and considered. And a wonderful teacher, she knows how to explain complex things in a way that's easy to understand. Highly recommended

works great, a good balance of study, and review, covers all the basics
Robert

My experience with Wavechinese

I had this wonderful teacher 鱼老师. I really learned a lot from her and she is good at explaining how to use the different words. I am studying chinese at university and i took this course to gain some extra knowledge. After 10 classes with my teacher from wavechinese, I feel so much better and confortable talking chinese.
The best thing about this class is that I learned how to better speak chinese in a more casual way, instead of just fixed phrases. I would definitely recommend wavechinese to anyone who is either new or advanced chinese speakers.

I am going to order more classes from wavechinese because im simply so grateful for the things that i got taught.

If you are like me and not sure if you should order your first class. my advice to you is that you should just do it. They are so flexible and its definitely worth it.

I'm so happy about this course. There is honestly nothing i would change.
Srikala

Excellent tutor and fun learning chinese

The online lessons are very exciting and fun to learn. Especially Chloe is excellent is putting in sentences about yourself and your own environment such that its fun and u learn very effortlessly. I would recommend this course to everyone who wants to speak chinese quickly.
She is also great at explaining about her culture. Really fun to learn. I look forward to every class.
Its a value for money especially you can learn at your convenience and speed with one to one attention.
I love their enthusiasm in teaching chinese it is very infectious.
It is definitely much better than a group class where you have minimal oppurtunity to speak and practice chinese with native speakers.
Chloe is also very strict about the homework which is very good so the pace of learning is maintained.

Tracy

Excellent, structured, business Chinese lessons - also fun!

I am so glad I found Wave Chinese through a friend's recommendation. I have been working with my tutor Chloe for a few months and am grateful for her instruction. The lessons are structured and follow two textbooks, plus exercises, homework, vocabulary, and each time I walk away having learned something new and feeling mastery over more vocabulary. The company is professional and Chloe is always on time, there is a report after every lesson, and payment is easy and secure online. In addition, Chloe is fun to work with and it has been a real pleasure to get to know her. I look forward to continuing my classes. Thank you Wave Chinese!

FYI the Go Overseas rating tool forced me to rate "housing" - this is an online course I am taking so housing is not applicable.

Julian

Studying with Andrea

Andrea is a pleasure to study with. She works hard to fit her teaching to my style of learning, which can be a bit chaotic at times. Andrea is always pushing me to improve, and sets great homework after each class. It's always a treat to see her smiling face during what can be a daunting task for westerners like me - learning Chinese.

One of the things I really like about studying with Andrea is that she is very patient, and always willing to try different things to get results. Learning Chinese can be quite challenging at times, but Andrea has a wonderful of encouraging me and getting me back on track.

I would recommend Andrea to anybody looking for more than a conversation partner, but an experienced teacher who can help you discover Chinese as you learn.