Learn Mandarin in China - Private courses with XMandarin

German Wine Festival in Qingdao China - XMandarin
Mandarin Class in Qingdao China - Private 1-on-1 XMandarin
Mandarin Class in Qingdao China - Private 1-on-1 XMandarin
Christmas Party in Qingdao China - XMandarin

Through an effective combination of efficient study methods and a personalized curriculum, our private Chinese courses adopts a specialized blend of teaching methods to meet with your academic needs and demands.

With XMandarin's private courses, you can arrange a weekly timetable from 4 to 20 lessons at your convenience with our professional teachers focusing on your study needs and interests!

• Monthly events.
  • Official globally recognised HSK Test.
  • Flexible schedule (minimum 4 class hrs/week) and teaching location.
  • Tailor-made study content - Move at students' own speed.
  • Guarantee of high teaching and service quality.

• Instruction 8.3
ANTOINE

很好

As I was coming to China, I felt like I needed to learn some basics in Chinese. At least in order to be able to order a beer and say that I did not know how to speak Chinese. I didn't have that much previous knowledge of the language (I just learned how to say "我是法国人" (I am French) which was promptly followed by a reply in Chinese so...).

I had classes with X-Mandarin for around 100 hours. The teaching method can vary in function of the professor that you end up with but I personally only had great teachers that spoke English well enough. For example, I am more keen on doing role playing scenarios in order to use the vocabulary I currently know. There is also a manual that can use as a support during classes, which follow the different levels in Chinese (HSK 1, HSK2...). The classes are tailored to your level so you won't be thrown into the wild and they can help you if you have any question. In the end I feel that I have made a lot of progress in Chinese.
The sole issue I had is that I changed of professors 3 times, but I always managed to get along the new teacher.

On the side, some events are organized by the school, such as a trip to a local park, which is pretty neat.

Louis

My experience at XMandarin

This experience was really fun. I learned the basics of Chinese during 8 weeks. I met extraordinaries people and really enjoyed my time. Our classes last about 2 hours, with a lot of pronunciation activities and a lot of fun. At the end of these few weeks, I managed to gain the HSK1 level. I attended these classes in the beautiful city of Qingdao. A perfect city to make a first step in China, neither too big nor too rustic, a perfect change of scenery. In addition, it's Chinese lessons have allowed me to survive during some adventure in local restaurants where no one spoke English.Indeed, the combination of week-end lesson and application during the week, allowed me to increase myself and understand the imprint of languages. I highly recommend these classes that always take place in a good mood and with relaxation. By the way, tea is free💪

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The strangest thing I had to eat was tofu, rolled up with spicy fish-shell, soaked in a garlic and shallot sauce.
Rudolph

Great teachers in a super city

I did 2 short term (6 months) one-to-one Chinese language courses through Xmandarin while living in Qingdao. The teachers were friendly and professional, I really enjoyed the classes and my Chinese improved exponentially during this time.
My requirements were a little bit different from most students as I am working full time and, in this regard, I am extremely happy with the teachers as they were able to tailor lessons to my specific needs. The majority of classes were spent preparing for my HK4 exam, but there were many classes where the teachers helped me prepare for presentations that I needed to deliver in Chinese. These were invaluable! The school also arranges regular activities and these are a lot of fun - cocktail making classes, Chinese calligraphy, group trips to good places in the city.
As for Qingdao - I love this city! And the school has a very central location close by many coffeeshops, bars and restaurants, plus a nice walk away from the ocean.

Join their outside activities. it adds so much context!
Hanane

Private classes at xmandarin

Hi. I am hanane from Paris. I am taking chinese classes since 3 years at Xmandarin. Although it is super hard language but the great teachers are making it smother! Teachers can speak very good English which is good for beginners! Private classes are convenient, we set up a time together with the teacher in advance and in case, they are very flexible (depending on our schedule and the teachers’s schedule Too). The school is great too, for emerging the Chinese culture. They organize activities with all the students from different nationalities! It is very cool to meet new people even after 3 years in China! For example Last week, we have been to some Kung-fu classes it was amazing! Learning a language is not just about speaking it but also learning the culture!

Live your experience fully. Don’t hesitate to make friends, it is always good to share different cultures from all over the world!
Dominik

Easy Learning

The courses I attended were great. I chose the 60h/individual option. It was a lot of fun to study and my teacher did a great job. I definitely recommend XMandarin for foreigners who stay a while in Qingdao but also wanna travel. The teachers are flexible in terms of shifting class. During my stay I made friends easily with other students and also through organised events. The best advantage I can even continue with my teacher back in Germany. Don’t hesitate to come to Qingdao if you are thinking about going abroad.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The good thing about it I don't know exactly. It was tasty but I leave it like this. ;)
Kristoffer

Learning Chinese in Qingdao

I had private courses at XMandarin for almost a year. I had a really good experience. I decide my self what I want to study, and my teacher excitingly teaches me. You decide yourself what time you want the classes, what teacher you want, and what you study. If you live in Qingdao and wants to learn Chinese, then Xmandarin is a good choice. The location is very central.

Qingdao as a city, is very beautiful. From May to October it is very nice weather to enjoy the nice beaches. Every weekend I usually went to the beach to play volleyball, frisbee and swim. I also frequently went to restaurants with friends to try all the different Chinese food. The city is very clean. There is also several places to do hiking.

Find an environment where you get to practise what you learn aat the school. If you just hang out with non-Chinese speaking people outside of class you will learn nothing.

Staff Interviews

About XMandarin Chinese Language School

Qingdao New Global School, XMandarin Chinese Language Centre provides a wide variety of courses for international students who want to learn Mandarin Chinese during their stay in Qingdao. Our Mandarin programs are offered all year round and...