• Online

Intensive
Class Size
Private Lessons

Pricing

12,000 JPY per week (8 lessons)
A minimum of 2 weeks must be booked
Sep 22, 2021
May 02, 2022
6 travelers are looking at this program

We have implemented brand NEW Japanese online lessons into our portfolio. Learn Japanese without ever having to leave your home!

Practice Japanese with dedicated and highly experienced Japanese language teachers in a private 1-on-1 setting or in a fun group setting - specifically tailored to your individual requirements. And you don't have to settle for one option: Just add additional Private, Group or Conversational Japanese lessons to customize your experience.

It doesn’t matter if you are a language newbie or a Kanji expert, as you will see that the Japanese online lessons are ideal to explore the Japanese language and culture. After taking your first steps online you will feel tempted to travel to Japan - just join one of our many on-site courses and discover so much more Japan has to offer!

Until then, make the most of your time at home and learn a new language by applying for our Japanese online lessons!

Program Highlights

• Learn Japanese in private lessons from dedicated teachers!
  • Stay flexible and combine studying Japanese with your daily life & university studies!
  • Gain rapid skill development through lessons that focus specifically on your interests or language deficits!
  • Learn business Japanese from highly-skilled teachers who have in-depth knowledge about the Japanese business world!
  • Take a first glimpse at the Japanese language & culture - without even having to travel to Japan!

Popular Programs

Group Japanese Online Lessons

Our Group Online Lessons are the amazing online experience you have been looking for. You will be improving your Japanese at an excellent pace along with your classmates. Your teachers will make sure interaction is constant during lessons. Classes are kept small (6 max) to ensure every student gets enough speaking time. Moreover, you will be assigned to a virtual classroom that aligns with your level and language goals.

Private Japanese Online lessons with private tutor

Our Private Online Lessons are aimed towards students of all levels who would like to take big steps towards fluency in the Japanese language. Private Lessons are completely personalized for each student, meaning that teachers will focus on the specific areas of Japanese that you want to improve the most. Your lessons are just a click away now!

Practice Japanese with native speakers as part of our conversational Japanese add-on

Our Conversational Japanese module is for students who would like to make meaningful connections with people in Japan. Whether you want to make new friends, or just feel more comfortable speaking the language and improving your accent, this module will help you infinitely. Get ready to start speaking confidently and reach a newer level of fluency in spoken Japanese as you use the language in many different situations outdoors!

• Instruction 9.8
  • Content 9.7
  • Engagement 9.5
  • Platform 9.4
Edith

Fun japanese learning online

When I started to look for online Japanese learning I found Meiji because of the good reviews, and it is for a reason.

I had a really fun time with online learning Japanese. The teacher was all very kind, and made the way we learnt interesting. Because the lessons was online it meant I could learn Japanese at convenient times, so I could still have time to do other work.

I started at beginner level and now have more confidence and can speak some basic conversation, I am very happy with my progress! If you want to learn japanese and have fun, I recommend Meiji Academy :)

Natalia

Meiji is worth it IMO

Yes I do recommend!!! Like some of my fellow Meiji students have already said, teachers are of great quality and just loooove being face to face with students (even if it's online). You can tell the passion with which they prepare each of their lessons, and also they always seem to be happy, which puts you in the right mood for talking and studying some grammar. I'm happy that I chose this school and would come back for more lessons before even considering a different one. I really hope other schools are as nice but I doubt it. Studying Japanese is more about the journey than the goal for me and Meiji is definitely a milestone, give them a chance:)

Cristina

Lucky that I found them

I had been wanting to come back to my Japanese classes here in person but the school I attended recently was closed permanently. It was the only school near my home that taught Japanese and it had a good reputation. I had saved a post from this academy I saw on instagram and checked out their website. I saw other websites and this school looked prettier and more organized, also the prices were easier to understand than the rest. Maybe my english is not too good but some websites I just can't understand their process and it's confusing.
Anyways I took the free lesson and was hooked, it was really fun and I had never had a native teacher, so I did a whole 3 weeks of classes which felt like a semester of learning, very good teachers and steady speed, I'm grateful

Nádia

Find some time for this

This is definitely the way. If you can spare some time from watching netflix and are looking to improve your 日本語 I think Meiji Academy is worth checking out. I was in Osaka for work some years back and I was marveled by everything I saw, that's how I first came to like the Japanese language. Now I'm finally planning to go back and explore many many more cities and the suburbs. Now there's a lot of people nowadays who say you don't need to speak the language to visit Japan and that is certainly true... if you intend to miss out on all the fun and not interact at all with the locals which to me is the best part of the experience. Anyways back to the school: booking is easy, prices are more than decent and even more affordable than other online schools, and the teachers are kind and love what they do. So yes by all means go ahead give it a try.

Ruben

Stop lying to yourself

I used to think I had no time to study languages, I'm a uni student and I do some part time jobs and sometimes I get home and all I want to do is sit down and play videogames. Therefore I had this weak mentality that I just didn't have the energy and time to commit to being productive in any other way. One day, a friend of mine who also wants to learn Japanese recommended Meiji Academy to me and it was on. It looked very legit and I simply went ahead and booked some lessons during a small motivation rush. You know what? You do have energy for a small practice session, I promise you once you're there you'll forget why it took you so long to get back on track. What I did not realize before these lessons is how rusty I was, it's not like I had forgotten all my Japanese but it definitely took some time to come back and I'm still on my way to getting back my confidence. Their classes have a nice mix of conversation and grammar so it's easy to follow and you always feel like you're progressing. If you don't have the time or the opportunity to go to in person classes, this is your best option for sure. We might even be classmates at some point.

Noemi

I'll come back

This is the third time I book 2 weeks of lessons at Meiji Academy and I always ask to focus 50% on grammar (specifically JLPT N3 grammar) and 50% on conversation. I feel like this is one of the main things I like about this academy, they do listen and are open to be flexible about their lessons. I have taken classes at other places (both private and group lessons) and while they are decent or even great, they usually stick to their own method of teaching and don't adapt their lessons for the specific students they are trying to teach. On the other hand, private classes at meiji are exactly what you want them to be. Apart from what I just said I make sure to study kanji and vocab on my own (Shinkansen master is my recommendation). Those two things you can practice on your own with some anki decks or whatever, but have you tried teaching yourself N3 grammar? Yeah that's not happening, at least for me. Once you're done with Genki 1 and 2 the grammar get severely confusing and self-learning means taking the risk of learning something wrong and using a structure incorrectly forever.
If you're not about that life, book a few lessons and ask for the 50-50 treatment, Meiji will not dissapoint. 頑張ってね

Artur

teachers are the highlight

I only took online lessons, so I can't really talk about the other staff members or the installations, but what I can tell you is that the other reviews I saw made me believe that whatever teacher I got would ensure I had a good learning experience, and the rumors are true. I'm not sure I can disclose any names but I had two different female teachers (they were Japanese obviously) during my 4 weeks of studies and every time I had classes I was just very excited to talk to them! I didn't want to just focus on grammar as my speaking abilities are lacking nowadays and both really understood that and made sure to give me some proper practice. My internet is good so I never experienced connectivity issues and classes always started on time. On some occasions it felt more like therapy than lessons honestly, the teachers are really caring and give their all in each hour.

Giselle

Stop waiting and just do it

Really happy to say that I feel an improvement in my Japanese level after just a few weeks of online lessons at Meiji. I didn't start from zero, I had learned for around 8 months by myself and frankly I had Meiji Academy in my bookmarks for a long time now, but I felt too shy and embarrassed to take classes with real japanese teachers so I was postponing it until I was more confident in my level. Don't do this!! the only way to get confident speaking is practicing your speaking, especially with good teachers who will not judge you and instead will try to help you and correct your mistakes. Don't expect other natives to correct your every mistake, it's not fun and there's a reason teachers get paid. So if you want to improve your confidence, take some lessons and you will see the difference real quick. Back to studying on my own for a while, I can't afford more lessons for now (they're not too expensive I'm just broke)