The Study Shami Arabic in Palestine program presents a valuable opportunity for those who want to learn and study Shami Arabic (Levantine Arabic, also known as Ammiya) and practice it with people in Palestine.
Shami Arabic is spoken by nearly 42 million people in four Arab countries: Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria. The Shami is the most easily understandable dialect for people of the Gulf, or Arab countries in the northernmost areas of the African continent, such as Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, and Libya. You will be able to communicate to a large audience of people by learning the Shami dialect.
The Study Shami Arabic in Palestine Program presents an optimal opportunity for acquiring Arabic skills. You are provided with all the learning materials you will need, and you will be taught by our experienced and qualified teachers.
- The Palestinian Center maintains a staff of teachers who are fluent in Arabic and English.
- The instructors are skilled in teaching Arabic as a second language.
- The course gives you the flexibility to determine the start and end dates for your program schedule.
- Classes may be arranged from one week up to three months.
- The Palestinian Center will arrange your living quarters with either a Palestinian host family or at our dorm in Hebron.