• Australia

Airfare Some Meals
Jul 01, 2022
Sep 07, 2019
4 travelers are looking at this program

Created for students interested in public health, this comprehensive program – which travels through Brisbane, Byron Bay, Sydney and Cairns – provides insight into contextual issues relating to public health, determinants of health and health policy. Using Australia’s health system and programs as an example, with an emphasis on the differences in health indicators for indigenous and non-indigenous populations, the immersive course is taught through morning lectures followed by field excursions. Aside from class, you’ll also have plenty of time to discover the Australia's cultural and natural wonders, including visits to world famous sites, like the Sydney Opera House, Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest.

This program is currently not being promoted on Go Overseas by its provider. Check with The Education Abroad Network for the most up-to-date information regarding the status of this program.

Nicole

Summer of a lifetime!

During my experience abroad, I met the friends of a lifetime and learned so much about myself and Australia. I gained a higher level of confidence for myself while learning about the Aboriginal people of Australia and the healthcare system of Australia. TEAN and our professor arranged so many educational and fun "field trips" for our class. We visited the Royal Flying Doctors Service, the Aboriginal unit of St Vincents hospital, and the Health Lodge of Byron Bay. It was so exciting to learn about the differences in our healthcare systems and how Australia is working to accommodate the Aboriginal people of Australia. Throughout my 3 weeks abroad, I never found myself ready to come home or wishing I hadn't gone. It was the best decision I have made for myself to this day.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
I am so excited to be able to say that I have officially tried kangaroo - and it was even on a kabob! I am also excited to say that it was SO good!
Read my full story