Australia Studies Centre

Atallah Loch and Gorge scenery
Atallah Loch and Gorge scenery
ASC students pose with the Sydney Opera House
ASC students pose with the Sydney Opera House

At the Australia Studies Centre (ASC), you'll experience life in the vibrant city of Brisbane and explore some of the most beautiful sights and scenes in Australia. Through a combination of traditional classes and experiential learning, you'll develop practical skills and put them to use in a brand new environment.

With our partner universities Christian Heritage College and Queensland University of Technology, ASC offers classes in business, Christian ministry, humanities, STEM, psychology, and more. Our core classes are founded on Christian faith and explore Australian history and Indigenous cultures.

At ASC, you'll learn about Australian perspectives on life through homestays with families, chats with fellow students, internship opportunities, and travel to places like the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney.

Newfound friendships, breathtaking sights, and developing passions will make your time in Australia a vital part of your life story.

• Travel to tropical North Queensland, the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, and North Stradbroke Island
  • Take classes in your major from respected Australian universities
  • Experience local community by living with Australian and international host families
  • Engage your faith from a whole new perspective
  • Enjoy living in Brisbane, a multicultural city with beaches, riverfront cafes, sporting events, theater performances, and more!

Matthew

The Time of My Life

My time in Brisbane, Australia was absolutely amazing. I loved every second of my 4 months there. I meet awesome, friendly Aussies and was fully immersed in the culture. I got to go to a NRL game and experience Australian Rugby. I went to Queensland's state fair and it was surprisingly very good and a lot of fun. Australians support their local fairs and events. I couldn't have asked for a better host family. They brought me in as one of their own and treated me with love. I had a delicious home cooked meal every day and they brought me to a lot of their favorite spots around Brisbane. The city of Brisbane itself is the cleanest and safest city I've ever been in. There is a lot to do in the city and will take multiple day trips in order to see and experience everything. The program brought us to several unique places such as: Sydney, a few islands, the outback, and a few live performances. I was also able to do a road trip and really got to see a lot more of the country. The academics can be challenging, but that's dependent on what classes you take. I went to this program for the experience, not academics. I wouldn't change my choice. I got to see and experience a lot. I even had the chance to go to New Zealand for a week. Any Lord Of The Rings buffs will love going to New Zealand. I have memories that I'll carry with me for the rest of my life. The weather is also incredible.

I highly recommend finding what you really wanna do and see, and make it happen. Do some research before you get to Australia, but be sure to ask your host family and other Australian's what's worth doing and what they recommend. They know best.