ISA Study Abroad in Townsville, Australia

My first Australian friend!
Toga Night with my GR freshers!
I never want to leave

Townsville is Australia's largest tropical city and headquarters for the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority. Striving for big-city sophistication, Townsville is energetic and young with excellent museums and a thriving nightlife. Just off its shores you can discover the Great Barrier Reef and Magnetic Island, while in town you can explore in the parks or walk up to Castle Hill Lookout.

If looking for hidden treasures sounds exhausting, other gems await you right in the middle of town. Catering for sophisticated palates and elegant tropical fun, this cosmopolitan city boasts an array of world class cafes, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, casino and shops. Whichever one you choose, you'll enjoy Townsville's friendly, unique, relaxed tropical ambience.

ISA Scholarships
ISA Scholarships and Financial Aid

ISA is committed to increasing all students’ access to study abroad’s many benefits. We don't let financial hardships to get in the way of a life changing educational experience.

$350 - $2,000

Natalie

Adventure is out there!

I studied at JCU-Townsville campus, and everyday was an experience. Whether it was waking up at 6am for a 6k race between dorms, searching for a gecko running around our living room, or chill movie nights with new friends, I was constantly bombarded with fantastic new opportunities to learn and grow and experience the world around me.

I do wish that our initial arrival on campus (a week and a half before class started) was more organized. We met our resident coordinator the first day but after that we kind of had to fend for ourselves as far as figuring out where to get food before the dining halls opened, how to use the bus system, etc. This only lasted a few days and then it all got figured out!