Study Abroad at the University of Sydney

Study Abroad at the University of Sydney

Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through our Sydney Abroad program. Some come for our academic reputation and our wide range of courses, while others wish to experience our vibrant student life bolstered by our guaranteed housing and unique Internship Program. Whatever the reason, join us and find out why we’re Australia’s favourite option.

There are many points of differentiation that make the University of Sydney the best option for students in Australia.

Subject choice
- We have the largest selection of subjects offered by any university in Australia

Guaranteed accommodation
- Modern, clean and well-equipped accommodation at Urbanest

Internships (ARTS2600)
- Credit-bearing industry or research placement

Mates abroad and social calendar
An opt-in mentor program for students to meet Australian students

Campus Culture
- Ranked 1st for the best student experience in Australia with more than 200 clubs

Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Maymester
Winter
Year Round
Language Requirement
Tuition fees: $12,000 AUD flat rate per semester (2017)

Mandatory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): $322 for 6 months, $594 for 12 months (2016 rate)

Casey
CT
Wellesley College

Great time!

I loved Sydney and studying at the University! It was an amazing time! Sydney is a great place and the Uni is really supportive and strong. I felt really safe in the city and public transit is great. There are a ton of travel opportunities. I highly recommend it!

More contact with the program directors would be really nice.

Maddie
Flemington, New Jersey
Tulane University

Amazing Semester Abroad

I had the best experience at the University of Sydney studying abroad. My favorite part of my time there was living at one of the residential colleges on campus, St. John's. I got to live with 250 Australians and it really gave me a fully immersive experience. I highly recommend that anyone who is considering studying abroad at the University of Sydney apply to live in one of the residential colleges because it will absolutely be the highlight of your time in Sydney.

The city of Sydney itself is easily the best place to study abroad in Australia. Because Australia is a huge country, it is not so easy to travel as it might be if you were to study abroad in Europe. So unless you are made of money, you're not going to be able to travel to a different city every weekend. But, there is so much to do in Sydney you will never feel like you're missing out. The public transportation is great and from USYD's campus you can easily take a bus to the beach or downtown where you can then catch a ferry to so many different areas of the city. The food is also incredible with so much great international cuisine as well as a to die for cafe culture.

The classes overall at USYD are manageable, but not easy. You won't have many mandatory hours of class as all of the lectures are recorded and available to watch online which makes it easy to miss class and travel.

I wish there were more initial trips to help get kids over jet lag/oriented to Sydney. I know some of the other providers had pre planned trips and I always wished I had been able to do something like that.

Nicole
Evanston, IL
Northwestern University

Study Abroad at University of Sydney!

I definitely suggest studying abroad at University of Sydney! It is a blast!! Sydney is an incredible city, with beautiful beaches, a great social scene and fantastic food. Plus, the campus looks like Hogwarts!!