AIFS Study Abroad in Salzburg: Summer

AIFS Study Abroad in Salzburg: Summer

Spend 4 weeks studying and earning up to 6 credits in anthropology, history, music, sociology or German at the world-renowned University of Salzburg. Courses are taught in English and no previous German is required.

You will live in a centrally located residence hall, and a meal allowance is included. Immerse yourself in Austrian life through a wide range of social and cultural activities that include city tours, a trip to the Salt Mines, a day trip to Munich, a 3-day visit to Vienna and more. An optional excursion is a day trip to Innsbruck in the Austrian Alps.

With the Alps at your doorstep for outdoor fun and the works of Mozart, Haydn and Strauss in the background, Austria is an unbelievable experience. Explore the history, culture and natural beauty of Salzburg, one of the most elegant and interesting cities in Europe.

Europe » Austria » Salzburg
Activities
Classes
Meals
Travel Insurance
AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available.

Chelsey
Lincoln, Nebraska
University of Nebraska- Lincoln

Salzburg: Living in a Charming Museum

The city of Salzburg is like no other place on Earth. The figures you read about in history books come to life all throughout the city. I never grew bored each day I was there, as I ventured out in a different direction every day after class. I studied hard, played hard, and squeezed every ounce out of this study abroad as my advisors told me I should. I mer great people from the States and from Europe, and improved my German more than I could have ever expected.

I expected more rigorous enforcement of the quiet hours in the dorms as described. My neighbors (also in my program) were oftentimes very noisy and I had to ask them to be quiet multiple times.

Jacy
Lincoln, Nebraska
University of Nebraska- Lincoln

Everything I was hoping for and more

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this program. Salzburg is an incredible city and the program that AIFS provides for students there is of the utmost quality. I went abroad for the sole purpose of traveling - not studying - but after my experience, I am so happy I chose to study as well. The courses that AIFS provided enhanced my experience in the city and gave me more opportunities to see and do things I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. There are also more travel opportunities and excursions that AIFS organizes for you and that are included in the price. Additionally, AIFS provides such great support for you in your transition abroad. Salzburg isn't typically a city many students end up studying in, but it should be. While it may be a smaller city compared to many study abroad destination, there are still more than enough fun things to do and see. Austria is also in the heart of Europe, so there are many other travel opportunities only a short train ride or flight away. In the month that I spent there I got to visit London, Vienna, Munich, Nuremburg, and Venice. I loved every second of my time here and spent it with some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Easily one of the best experiences of my life.

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer.

With over half a