• Austria
    • Salzburg
Term
Anthropology Art History Arts Cultural Studies European Studies History Linguistics Music Sociology

Program Details

High School Diploma Bachelors
Dormitory

Pricing

AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Some Meals Travel Insurance
What's Included (Extra)

Round trip flights, airport transfers and 2-night London stopover included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

Sep 05, 2019
Dec 14, 2015

Spend the summer in the charming, peaceful city of Salzburg with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 6 credits awarded by Richmond, the American International University in London. Courses are taught in English or German and no previous German language study is required.

Students can take either a German language course plus a subject course taught in English or two subject courses taught in English in anthropology, music or sociology.

In Salzburg, you will live in either a double or triple room in a student residence hall. A meal allowance is included to subsidize the cost of meals and groceries purchased on site.

You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
• A city tour
• Museum and gallery visits
• A trip to the Salt Mines
• Day trip to Hellbrunn Palace
• 3-day trip to Vienna
• Day trip to Munich, Germany.
An optional excursion to Innsbruck is available as well. A 2-night tour of London is included for students in the optional AIFS Flight Package.

Program Highlights

• 3-day trip to Vienna
  • Day trip to Munich, Germany
  • Optional excursion to Innsbruck
  • No previous German language study required
  • Walking tours, visits to museums and art galleries, pastry tasting and musical events

Chelsey

Salzburg: Living in a Charming Museum

The city of Salzburg is like no other place on Earth. The figures you read about in history books come to life all throughout the city. I never grew bored each day I was there, as I ventured out in a different direction every day after class. I studied hard, played hard, and squeezed every ounce out of this study abroad as my advisors told me I should. I mer great people from the States and from Europe, and improved my German more than I could have ever expected.

I expected more rigorous enforcement of the quiet hours in the dorms as described. My neighbors (also in my program) were oftentimes very noisy and I had to ask them to be quiet multiple times.
Jacy

Everything I was hoping for and more

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this program. Salzburg is an incredible city and the program that AIFS provides for students there is of the utmost quality. I went abroad for the sole purpose of traveling - not studying - but after my experience, I am so happy I chose to study as well. The courses that AIFS provided enhanced my experience in the city and gave me more opportunities to see and do things I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. There are also more travel opportunities and excursions that AIFS organizes for you and that are included in the price. Additionally, AIFS provides such great support for you in your transition abroad. Salzburg isn't typically a city many students end up studying in, but it should be. While it may be a smaller city compared to many study abroad destination, there are still more than enough fun things to do and see. Austria is also in the heart of Europe, so there are many other travel opportunities only a short train ride or flight away. In the month that I spent there I got to visit London, Vienna, Munich, Nuremburg, and Venice. I loved every second of my time here and spent it with some of the most amazing people I've ever met. Easily one of the best experiences of my life.

Read my full story