College Study Abroad South America (Semester)

College Study Abroad South America (Semester)

The sparkling lights of La Paz below sacred 20,000-foot peaks. Three coca leaves pressed together for the Mother Earth. Fresh snow on a ridge of the Cordillera Real. Local markets exploding in color… These scenes all speak to the many walks of life in Bolivia and Peru. A land of extremes, this College Study Abroad program explores the dizzying diversity of the Central Andes and Amazon while delving into themes of social justice, environmental conservation, and leadership in an inter-cultural context.

College Study Abroad students enroll in 12-16 semester credits. Each semester program offers four college-level courses (4 credits each), allowing students to take a regular semester course load. In addition to the classroom work, Dragons’ College Study Abroad programs are intentionally designed to help students build practical skills to navigate the world with greater self-awareness and inter-cultural fluency.

We offer comprehensive, personal home visits so that we can answer your questions in person. One of our expert staff members will present on our program options and share stories from their own formative Where There Be Dragons program. To request a home visit in less than 2 minutes, fill out this form.

South America » Peru
Service Learning
Theology
Letters of Recommendation
Phone / Skype Interview
The College Study Abroad South America: Andes & Amazon's land cost is $14,555 for three months. Flight costs for this program are estimated at $1,095. Need-based scholarships are available. There is an additional tuition cost based on the number of credits a student chooses to enroll in.

Alyson
Portland, OR

Amazing Experience in the Andes and Amazon Program

I participated in the Andes and Amazon semester for where there be dragons last fall and could not have asked for a better experience. Through the program I made friends that I will stay in touch with forever and instructors who inspired me daily. I was able to increase my spanish speaking and communication skills, learn how to do traditional Bolivian dance, and live with some amazing host families. Although some of my days in the Andes and Amazon were the hardest of my life- trekking at 17 thousand feet is never easy!- I would not trade that experience for anything in the world. Truly, cannot recommend this program highly enough! It will stretch your comfort zone and leave you more prepared for your future life ahead!

Natb417
Philadelphia, PA
University of Pennsylvania

BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

Where There Be Dragons is an unbelievable, life changing Gap Year program that allows you to become fully immersed into a culture. After spending 3 months in Bolivia and Peru, I felt like a true global citizen. Through home stays, language classes, volunteer work, trekking, and independent study projects, I grew as a person and made some unforgettable memories. I HIGHLY recommend Dragons.

Dragons programs are authentic, rugged and profound learning adventures that expose the beautiful and complex realities of the countries in which we travel. Featuring extended itineraries, Dragons programs encourage deep immersion into strikingly different physical and cultural landscapes, combining the best in experiential education, travel,