Ready to study Portuguese language, and develop a critical appreciation of Brazilian life and society in one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities on earth? Rio is waiting!
Coupling a rigorous language learning program with homestays, exciting cultural activities and excursions, studying abroad in Rio de Janeiro offers accomplished Spanish-speaking students the opportunity to enroll directly at a premiere university and immerse themselves fully in Brazilian culture.
Study abroad in Rio and you will:
- Enjoy one of the most beautiful urban settings in the world and the cultural epicenter of Latin America's largest, fastest growing, and most dynamic economy
- Learn Portuguese through language instruction specifically designed for international students at Brazil's top university
- Volunteer at local NGOs, schools, and other organizations as part of an integrated CIEE community engagement program
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers several scholarships for participants; please see website for full details.