Study Abroad At Sea: 40 Day Caribbean Summer Voyage

Seeking a Caribbean adventure that's shorter than a full semester but longer than a vacation break? You've found it. Explore the Caribbean's most coveted diving spots: wreck dives, wall dives and one of the world's largest barrier reefs. Meet loggerhead turtles, seahorses and whale sharks along the way. Cultivate your sailing skills while island hopping among Nevis, Dominica, Guadeloupe, The Saints, Antigua, St. Barts, St. Eustatius and Saba. Don't worry; you'll give each island the personal attention it deserves by surfing and snorkeling in their pristine waters, trekking along their dormant volcanoes and immersing yourself into the unique landscapes and cultures each has to offer. All the while, you'll be earning six college credits as well as sailing and diving certifications.

• Become A Certified Scuba Diver
  • Learn To Sail
  • Earn 6 Credits

Elizabeth

Seamester=Awesome

Going on Seamester was the best decision I've ever made. I cannot even describe everything that I learned and experienced. My two older brothers also went on this trip before me and my whole family loves this program. (3/3 loved it!)
Only when you're out in the middle of the ocean with the stars above you and the bioluminescent below you, do you understand how beautiful it all is. Semester was able to take us out there without any trouble, even though most of the students had no idea how to sail before we got there. As a land-locked novice to sailing I had the best time and learned SO much. The islands we visited were beautiful and interesting. I loved every hike we went on and every dive we dove and every minute of this trip.

Anya

sail the seas!

I absolutely loved this trip. I made incredible friends and learned to sail, all while taking a class that I could use at my college. I was very sad to leave after my 40 days, and would recommend a trip to anyone who wants to meet amazing people and have an adventure every single day. The SCUBA diving was amazing and I felt much more comfortable in my skills by the end of the trip. Even if you have never sailed before, it doesn't matter. You learn everything and by the end of the trip, we were all teaching each other new duties.

Amanda

Sailing outside your comfort zone

I can't describe this voyage in words, it is something that I wish everyone could experience and I highly recommend that if you have the opportunity to, do it! This was a completely life changing and rewarding trip, with memories I will never forget. One of my favorite memories was hiking to the last boiling lake in the world on the island of Dominica. The hike was beautiful and we got to end the day long hike with swimming in a refreshing river complete with waterfalls and natural whirlpools.

The only thing I would change would be allowing the students to sleep in a bit longer after night passages.
Max

Best Summer Ever

The trips from the BVIs to Dominica may be rough, but they're all worth it. Dominica has some of the most incredible diving and hiking that I have ever done. Thank god Seamester plans the longest stay there because there are endless activities to be done. The boiling lake hike, while challenging, is one of the most rewarding experiences. Once you leave Dominica it is all smooth sailing back up island. The courses may seem to get more intense at this point, but they're never overwhelming to the point of interfering with the overall experience.

More free time on shore could benefit the program

About Seamester

Seamester offers unique educational voyages where students spend their time sailing between countries and continents. For more than 40 years, we have consistently delivered outstanding educational experiences for students. We design our programs to...