Study Chinese in our small group program in Beijing or Shanghai

Go Abroad China’s unique Chinese Language Programs are designed to immerse participants in Mandarin Chinese through class instruction, after-class tutoring, language exchange with native Mandarin Chinese speakers, and wonderful electives, tours, networking events, parties, etc.

Whether you are a high school student looking for an edge before applying to college, a college student aiming to build your resume, or a professional seeking to build language skills and network, our programs are waiting for you!

PROGRAM FEATURES:
Small class style learning format
Absolute beginner all the way through to proficient classes and an intensive Mandarin program
The curriculum can be customized according to the applicant’s requirements
Free electives to choose from: some are language based, others more cultural
Language exchange program with a Chinese Native Speaker
Free guided city tours, outings and other exciting activities
Accommodation: shared apartment or homestay

Small Group Mandarin Class

The study content will depend on which level of Chinese you, as a student are at. We have the usual grammar, listening, speaking and writing, the intensity of learning will also be determined by whether you apply for standard or high intensive lessons; apart from this type of structure, business or professional Chinese may be offered to those who specifically require it.

Joyce

Unforgettable experience in China through GAC

I miss my friends, our time together and the classes we had at BLCU. I decided to take a break from college and applied for a Chinese Langauge program in China through GAC where I could improve my speaking and reading Mandarin and explore the hidden gem which is China. I was not disappointed at all when I got to China. Now that Ive left i wish i took more photos and went out more. I would recommend this program to anyone looking to improve their Chinese reading and speaking skills and just to travel to China, its a beautiful place.

Manuela

Great fun in China

I left for Beijing China in June last year, completely clueless of what to expect. Everything got better though when I was picked up from the airport, I was really nervous when I got to China at first. I got to stay in a shared student accommodation with the best roommates and flat mates. We had so much fun, playing ping pong and also practicing our Chinese while in class. I really miss them now though.

Christopher

Study in China expereince

Fun classes, trips to popular tourist destinations in Beijing and cultural activities during the weekend, these were the factors that made my visit and stay in Shanghai a great and unforgettable memory. I really wanted to go to China when I saw the ad and I am happy I did. GAC were very helpful in enabling achieve my dream. I was able to learn more phrases in Chinese than i had learned in my 3 years studying Mandarin from my journey. I plan to visit China sometime again in the future if i get the chance to.

Sophia

My Small Class Chinese Program

I contacted Go Abroad China after discovering them on the internet and decided to talk to them. IN the beginning communication was very quick with them so I was satisfied and thought the program they advised for me was decent enough.

Classes
I was learning Mandarin in a relatively small class, I still remember my school was in an area called Wudaokou in Beijing. My lessons were standard but at times it actually felt like they were intense just because I thought sometimes the pace was quick. But if you do a lot of extra studying after class its easy to keep up to speed with everyone else. Just don't think that its a holiday and you will learn only occasionally. But I guess on the bright side at least you will be getting your money's worth.

Living situation
I stayed in the homestay accommodation with a Chinese family. Everyone was super friendly and its great to see how an average Chinese family lives. But I have to admit that I realise living situation in Beijing is not as cheap as I had thought especially if you want a really nice place.

Do I think the program is useful?
For me yes, I came to further learn Chinese and I got exactly that. I personally know that I have great improvement especially with my conversation and proper way to pronounce words.

If there is anything for the participants to prepare before starting at Chinese school then inform them.
Gareth

Small Class Program

I was in China just last year learning Chinese in the small class program organized by Go Abroad China. I signed up for 6 months study and they helped me enroll at a school in Beijing. Of course I like learning Chinese but sometimes it wasn’t easy; I have to say that a big part of studying in China I noticed is going over what will be taught in class, then actually going to class, afterwards reviewing the lesson once more. Most lessons were about the grammar and word usage because Chinese has some very specific rules! I remember 2 times a week there were listening classes; in listening classes usually we listened to different tape recordings of people having a simple conversation, or children songs and learned new words that way. It was fun trying to recognize the words we had learnt already! I got assistance from Go Abroad China starting with registration at my school, they organized my accommodation like we had agreed and I got to stay in a shared apartment. Some weekends they also organized stuff and I met a few other people who came with Go Abroad China as well. Once you get used to it, Beijing is actually a nice city to be in, there was certainly more foreigners than I had imagined at first.

If there are special discounts then offer them.

About Go Abroad China

Go Abroad China as the leading internship abroad provider in China, over 10000 talented undergraduates, graduates and young professionals from over 50 countries have joined GAC China Internship program.

Go Abroad China provide in a wide range of...