Best Competitive China Internship Program With Fortune 500 Companies

Best Competitive China Internship Program With Fortune 500 Companies

Go Abroad China as the leading internship abroad provider in China, with over 13 years of experience more than 10000 talented students from 50+ countries have joined GAC China Internship program. Your placement will be based on your sector and background, and tailored to your interests and goals. You will work with world-renowned organizations, meet established professionals in your field, and attend professional development events to make the most out of your internship.

Join our internship abroad program and get exposed to the professional world, explore your chance and learn how the Chinese conduct business and learn the inner workings of their companies. Get a jumpstart on your career path by coming on over, visit our website and get in touch with us to start planning your trip with GAC.

Top 6 reasons to join GAC China Internship Program:
  • Professional internship placement services guaranteed: with GAC rich in experience, we are able to make a perfect match internship and secure a placement to your preferred area of work.
  • Continuous feedback about your progress and performance: throughout GAC China Internship Program, we will frequently communicate with both the intern and the partner company to ensure that the internship experience is varied, well-structured and managed in a professional way.
  • Onsite support from GAC professional staff: our clients are allocated coordinators who escort you from the airport and act as guides during your entire stay. We ensure comfort, safety and well-being during their time in China.
  • Chinese language studies and fun activities: by integrating Chinese language courses with work experience, students will not only study Chinese through class instruction, elective workshops, etc. but they will also have the chance to participate in social activities, study tours, volunteer in China, cultural excursions, etc.
  • Social network support: participants get the chance to attend networking events and meet reputable Chinese CEOs, managers and entrepreneurs.
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable: If the participant is not satisfied with the internship offer, the GAC program fee deposit is 100% refundable (after sending an internship offer)
Asia » China » Shanghai
Sustainable Development
1 Year+
Hotel
Weekly Hours
GAC offer Short and long term custom packages for fraternities, sororities, student unions, alumni associations, and other groups available at special pricing. Please send email to [email protected] for more information.

The GAC China Internship Program are not just a bunch of job roles but also an opportunity to learn from industry experts.
• Internship Placement: GAC will arrange a professional internship placement for you in either a local Chinese or international company located right here in China
• Housing: 3 different options are available for the housing: homestay, shared apartment and private apartment
• Chinese Courses: Learn Chinese with other participants from all over the world
• Frequently communicate with both the intern and the partner company to ensure that the internship experience is varied, well-structured and managed in a professional way.
• Social & Cultural Activities: GAC has a broad selection of cultural activities and city excursions for everyone
• Entrepreneurial Training: (Our candidates will have the opportunity to join different business and networking events and take part the entrepreneurial training with young professional in china)
• Visa Documentation: (Eligible for doing internship)
• Welcome package: (Includes: Airport pick up, phone, sim card and city map and Oration)
• Support & Assistance: Go Abroad China's support literally begins during the initial stage of the application process
• Job Offer: 20% of GAC Internship in China program participants got Permanent Job offer after they finish the program.

No, you do not have to know Chinese prior to participating. Although the internship companies may be Chinese, we make sure to arrange an English speaking supervisor that will arrange your daily tasks and guide you everyday. However, while you are still abroad, you still have an opportunity to learn Chinese. Most participants usually ask for private tutoring on the days that they are not too busy a...
Adjusting to a Chinese-style working environment and way of work was challenging in the beginning, but once you are in the company for some weeks it gets better. Its always helpful if you make a friends with some of your colleagues as they will pass on tips about what is expected, you adjust easier if you talk to people who have been there longer than you have.

Amy
University of Virginia

Highly recommended!

Before I come to China I was so frustrated, and I contacted with several internships in china provides, after I compare with the services and the prices, I decided to choose Go abroad China. I had lots of problems and fears in the beginning: Will I like the food? How will my internship be? How are the people in China? Can I find friends? Can I learn the language?
Go Abroad China one of the program assistants named Nadia helped me a lot. Right after I applied on the website, I got contacted by a program coordinator from the GAC and she guided me through every step on the way and she will continue to do so until I return back home.

I decided to do an internship from Jan 2017 to May 2017. After I applied, I got had an interview with GAC and with my CV, I got matched with an internship which matches my interest and my skillset at a finance company named AR Capital.

A couple of weeks after that I had the interview with the HR of my internship company. As soon I got accepted, GAC helped me with the preparation for the trip like the pre-departure and helped me got my visa also with my apartment in China. Everything went through very smooth and soon after that I started my trip to Shanghai.

I arrived Saturday morning and i took a rest for the first day, then on Sunday the program assistant Robert came to my place gave an orientation and set up everything here for me…he explained to me the Chinese culture, the food and the city itself, my first week was truly awful. I felt like quitting many times, was always tired, did not want to eat anything, and could not really get work done. But every time when I called him, he is always here to help me.

After I survived the first week though, things just got better every week. Not only because I got used to everything, During the weekend, I start to meet other participants from GAC, they are very nice to me and we always hang out together.

If you have any problems or concerns, you can also contact people from GAC– it really does not matter what kind of problems – and you will get help very fast. Chinese problems? Problems in the apartment? Problems in the job? Everything will get sorted out.

For my internship program. It really depends on your luck and on yourself. It definitely takes time to adapt to the Chinese working mentality, but it really can benefit you as a person for the future. I can only recommend you to do an internship with Go Abroad China !

www.goabroadchina.com

David
California Baptist University

Experience in an intenrational law firm

When I think about my internship in China with Go Abroad China Internship program, one word comes to my mind: lucky.

I am a first year law student in United States and had never had a working experience before.

I was placed at the top 1 law firm and my supervisor was kind to me and was open to answer to each and every one of my questions. He believed I was dependable and trusted my work and instinct. I was given more challenging tasks as the days went by and even got to interview a client myself on the spot, with no preparation beforehand.
I felt fulfilled and grateful for the opportunity that Go Abroad China found for me.

Regarding to the accommodation I was provided was central and close to my internship company but most importantly my host family were super nice to me, every weekend we have plans to do something together such as BBQ, hiking, visit his realities and learned lots of Chinese culture. I never felt alone both thanks to the GAC customer service department organizes social events and visited the tourisms. I definitely recommend using their services!

Austin
Baylor University

my internship with GAC

Overall I enjoyed my experience with GAC. I was pleased with the amount of knowledge I learned and the new experiences I went through during my internship as a financial analyst at a finance company which GAC found on my behalf. The internship made me realize how fast things move in the finance industry and I feel it has prepared me well for the transition from university to the work force. The diversity of the work I completed made me realize my capabilities and had me further develop my skillet, and consolidated my interest in the industry. The networking opportunities to work alongside partners and analysts from different backgrounds will no doubt accelerate my career. In the future I would like to undertake another internship before I officially commence my professional career.
GAC also organised activities throughout my time in China, and provided valuable assistance when required.

Neha

Beware of GAC

I did not have a positive experience with GAC. They take your currency in exchange for a bad program. Have you ever stopped and wondered WHY you have to PAY a ton for an internship?! It doesn't make sense right? Because it's not!

-The visa regulations in China are ambiguous so I was uncomfortable coming in on a tourist visa as I was advised to do by GAC.
-The apartments are cheap in China, so most of your money doesn't go there.
-They say they have a large network of companies to choose from but I have seen them posting personal documents, sometimes of student's passports, on WeChat professional sites, which is very dangerous.
-Most of the internships are useless and don't have much work for you. Most of us were literally just sitting around all day. Most of them aren't even paid!

Find a Chinese professionals page online. You're better off getting in touch with actual working professionals in China who are foreigners instead of native born Chinese people who are out to take all of your hard-earned money.

Sally
France

Amazing experience in China

I joined Go Abroad China Internship program for one semester in college, from February 2016 until May 2016. My last semester of college was greatly enhanced through my internship as an international administrative coordinator. The work that I did improved my business and technical skills, taught me about a field that is closely related to my major and is a line of work I may want to pursue in the future. The hands-on, practical aspect of the internship gave me the opportunity to explore my major in a way that a regular class cannot. This was, without doubt, one of the most educational experiences of my college career, and I am glad I was able to do it before I graduated. This internship has prepared and polished me for the work world, and as a result, I am more confident in my future job prospects.
I worked on spread sheets, wrote reports, and got to use all my english skills in business setting for the first time. I feel more comfortable using english for professional purposes now then I ever have, and I am probably most proud of that mental accomplishment because of its usefulness in the future. In fact, since graduating I have accepted a job one of the GAC partner companies where my english fluency will play a paramount role in my success.

I highly recommend this experience to any student looking for a positive internship opportunity who wants to develop and polish their business skills in a way that no class can.

Jamie

My Summer internship in China

The experience with Go Abroad China Internship program start at summer 2016 for 6 months was very valuable to me. I was immersed in the great Chinese host family and the other students from GAC Internship programs who were just as ambitious, curious and open-minded as me. Besides having great peer students to communicate and go out with at home, the program provided me a fantastic professional internship in the financial services industry. The work environment was very tough in the beginning, having to do much grunt work like drafting business plans; but over time, I was given more and more responsibility and even handled my own few clients after 4 months. It was a hard piece of work, but all the more rewarding in the end.

Go Abroad China also sponsors fun events on the weekends or evening during the week to get more familiar with the Chinese culture and Chinese language. There are so many things to do, but the people in place always had great recommendations and ideas matching your own interests.

Hallie
USA

My Summer internship in China

David
Ontario

Good Experience in Shanghai

Eight weeks in Shanghai sounded kind of long in the beginning but I soon got busy with the internship work and enjoying the city. I am a Mandarin speaker and so I thought it was a good idea to sort of return to China for a work placement there. Thank you to GAC they helped with placements, visa and accommodation. Of course planning this is a long process but worth it in the end. My internship was in the business development industry and its was really great working with my coworkers as I didn't really have any language barrier problems so I got better responsibilities.
Shanghai is not different from large economic cities outside of China - well at least the ones I've seen anyway. If there was more room for improvement it would be the networking opportunities since the social ones I thoroughly enjoyed.

Lea
Munich

Great time in Beijing

I did my internship in the business sector with the help of Go Abroad China of course; at the internship company my day to day work was arranged by my boss, then on the weekends, the activities were organised by GAC. I enjoyed the dinners organised, and the staff were always friendly. I started communicating with Go Abroad China pretty early on actually because I wanted to know how much I needed to save up for example. It was my first time in Beijing and I had a great time! I was picked up from the airport, my apartment was not that far from the subway stop because the internship place was right in the middle of the city, but unfortunately it would get very crowded on public transport. I miss China already...

Ayida
Ukraine

Interning at a hotel in Beijing

I got a really great internship with one of the Marriott chain hotels in Beijing, which I was really longing for for many years. My name is Ayida, I am in my final year of university which is why I had to do a placement abroad.
Living in Beijing was chaotic at first, but its a city which eventually you get used to. Interning at such a big hotel left me with an experience I still don't know how to describe fully; it's was always busy, getting to know the work in the first couple of weeks was also worth it when customers leave great comments about your work. Of course in the beginning I had a guide at all times to teach me the work, organisational skills and keeping the time of doing everything. Then later on I got to work with a team and we worked in shifts especially with the front entrance, doing double checks on rooms and other bookings etc. I loved working with people, I guess working in a hotel, my view of Beijing was changed completely with regards to the dozens of international people booking and being part of the organising team for events held at the hotel.

I am grateful that Go Abroad China managed to get me such an internship, my requirements have always been high. Plus the accommodation was on site, which really helped me save a lot!

Valerie
Boston
Boston College

Management Consulting in Beijing

Currently I am still in Beijing doing my internship in consulting and it's going fairly well. I am working at a company which helps foreign companies understand China, do market research before they can come to China. This internship has been organised by Go Abroad China and I applied several months back. In the beginning of my internship, I was taken to meet my supervisor for a little chat before I formally started. Next I spent around 2 weeks going through a short training before I got assigned stuff to do, what I am working on at the moment is a lot of data research and collection with a couple of other colleagues - we work in the same team. I am receiving a lot of guidance from them since I learnt that I am currently the only intern within their team.

I will be honest, the work is challenging but I am managing just okay, but I'm glad I am able to do some actually work here. The work day is long, I come to work at 8am and knock off just after 5pm.

The weekends I have been able to join GAC for a trip to the Greatwall, I have had Nanjing cuisine and I look forward to another invitation of their activities. This is my first time in China, I considered taking an internship here after a lot of careful thinking (and saving), plus at my college, lots of people are interested in going to China. I don't even speak Chinese but I manage to get by on a daily basis.

Justin
North Carolina

internship in Shanghai

I was interning within the marketing department of a company in Shanghai that specialized in stainless steel products. I applied through Go Abroad China, I had seen some of their stuff on the internet. I won't say I was 100% sold on going to China for an internship but I had told myself that if the opportunity seemed good enough and worth it then I would make the investment and travel there.
I did some administrative tasks such as updating the company's database to do with treading products, we did a lot of other work researching other markets for the company to export to. I was working with a team of other marketing people and I mainly interacted with the few people that were able to speak English. Actually this is one thing I was concerned about coming to China, at first I wondered if the positions required Chinese speakers - I don't speak any! But it was okay, I will say that not everybody at the company could speak English but the people I had to interact directly with everyday could speak English.
The company was located in downtown Shanghai and I lived in a shared apartment 40 minutes away from work. I took the subway everyday into work. In the beginning of course I had hoped to have a shorter commute to work but once I got there and understood the structure of the city of Shanghai I got used to it.
Some weekends I would spent by myself, taking walks around my area, other times the GAC coordinator in Shanghai would organize for a few of us in Shanghai to meet up for dinner or something. Shanghai is a nice city as expected even though it was my first time there. For now I'm not sure when my next trip to China will be, but hopefully this experience will help me at least build up my resume as I will be graduating soon anyway.

Gbemisola
united kingdom

Thanks to GAC for The Best Experience i Ever Had

It's my first time to come to China. In fact i can't speak Chinese but deep in my heart i want to have an experience in China. In January 2016 i knew Go Abroad China from my best friend. I started to plan everything with GAC. They help me to find an internship, an appartment, and they also help me to make a visa. They also held a free activity every week which i like the most! and the most important thing is, all of GAC staff are very friendly and helpful. Thanks to GAC for giving me such a good experience in Beijing China!

I think add more weekend activities will be perfect! i mean twice in a week! lol!

Daniela
Clombia
ACT

Amazing Internship exprience in Wuxi, China

My name is Daniela Falla and I’m g 21 years old, coming from Colombia to china for a whole year with Go Abroad China. I’ve studied tourism and hospitality management and I am in China doing my college practices so after China I’ll be going back home and graduate from college.
My Chinese skills are very limited however I speak fluent English, español which is Spanish and my mother language, Deutsch (german) and un peu francais which is a little bit of French so I think it may be fun to learn chinese and of course a challenge because is a though language but I’m sure it will be a plus for my life and my carrier.
I live in Wuxi, it lies on the southern border of Jiangsu province, the only thing that I have to say is that Wuxi is just amazing, nice people, locals are super friendly with foreigners, the environment is so nice, lots of parks, the Chinese architecture here is incredible. This city is also called the “little Shanghai”, for its prosperous economy, Wuxi became one of the China’s top 50 cities with the broad strength so now you know why it is called “little shanghai”. There are so many things to do and so many hidden spots you can find, you will never get bored here and if you do (I doubt it) you can just take a train to go to Shanghai, it takes only 40 min to get there and the tickets are 59 RMB which is around 8 dollars), also there is a city between Wuxi and Shanghai that is called Suzhou is beautiful also, in this area are so many cities you can go without spending lots of money.
Let’s talk about a little bit more about my job here, the company I’m working for is the Millenium Hotel, this is a 5 star Hotel, Millenium & Copthorne hotels owns and operates more than 120 hotels in 19 countries, they are located in international gateway cities throughout the United Kingdom, continental Europe, North America, Asia, New Zealand, North Africa and the middle East.
My position at the Hotel is Guest Relations Officer, so basically it is all about to supervise the front office all units activities during my shift and handle guest relations, request and concerns. g

Everything is terrific!!!

Michelle
USA
College of the Canyons

Amazing Internship with GAC in Shanghai of China

Go aboard China was the one of the best things to happen to me!!! I did the homestay program where I stayed with the cutest family they were so kind to me!!! Kinder then the family I have now lol I actually miss them and think of them often even though it's been a few months since I left the program. I also got to work in an amazing engineering firm Wison were I had the most loving and hilarious coworkers, I literally just fit right in ! Lastly I want to talk about my international bff Jane who treated me like her own sister. I really couldn't ask for a better guide / friend, I still keep in touch with her through Instagram and I miss her jokes.If I had any questions or problems she was there to help me as best as she could.GAC I would recommend to a friend or any one reading this. Even when i wasn't in the city of Shanghai GAC still helped me, plan , get and make sure I was safe during my trip to Beijing. I love GAC!!!

I'd like to say GAC should have more advertisement to show how amazing they are!!!
It's a little bit hard for the candidates to find GAC on Google or some other socail media, but to be honest they are supper nice, as well as all the staff of GAC. They are all very considerate and kind!!!

Annie
Boston
Boston College

My Internship in Shanghai

I was in Shanghai for 2 months, my internship was at a big hotel and I was doing a lot of customer service and administration tasks. Sometimes I would need to be at the front desk together with the other Chinese ladies, other times I dealt with requests from guests and preparing conference spaces for meetings and proof reading some other materials. I felt like it was a relatively good internship, I do hope to get a job in the hospitality sector when I’m done with university. Shanghai was like any other big modern city, there are tons of restaurants, bars, parks; and with a lot of foreigners living there so to me it felt very international. The Go Abroad China coordinator there was helpful showing me around the city and my apartment, then introducing me to the hotel when my internship began. Would I go back to China? Yeah I think so if I got another great opportunity I would go again.

If incentives are available, then let the candidates know.

Faith
Beijing, China

Go Abroad China made my internship experience awesome

Go Abroad China was firstly recommended by my close relative and I've got to admit choosing Go Abroad China for my summer internship has been an excellent decision, and I have not regretted it for a moment. My first visit to China was made easy by Go Abroad China whereby they provided me with all the information and assistance i needed from them. I chose 1 year internship package which included housing fee and a service fee for the particular program. At the company where i was interning from, we were given transport and meal allowances everyday. I stayed in a shared apartment which was always clean, near subway station and i could obtain most of the services. Go Abroad China normally arranged some trips whereby i was able to make new friend Chinese and other nationalities.
At the office all workers could speak English this made the organisation most enjoyable to work for.
If you are thinking of Interning abroad, I highly recommend Go Abroad China

Arthur
Colorado

Amazing Experience with Go Abroad China

I have to say it was pretty funny when i decide to join into Go Abroad China. I still remember when i told my parents that i want to go to China,how bigger the mouth they were opened. I just searched online and then Go Abroad China pops out, and i read their website and the program discrbtion all the service i can order. Then i just put my laptop in front of my parents, and we finally decide to send Go Abroad China an email together. They did a fast reply, and after a few email talking i did a skype interview. It went pretty good and i got an offer that could really help my future career.
After all this i am landed in China. I cannot mention how excited i am, and the person who picked me up Jeremy was so cool. So by his lead i start my life in China.
And my coworker are really good and help same with my host family the are perfect.

Brandon
Court Plainfield Illinoise
The Citadel

My turn to Review

Although I do not enjoy doing this, I think it is an opportunity to give feedback to Go Abroad China as an agent as well as provide information for future participants on a platform. My experiences were too much and at this moment that I am typing, I am already tired. I wish Gooverseas will record this in voice rather because I enjoy doing some mathematical gymnastics rather than writting essays: a reason why I love corporate finance. I joined Go Abroad China through an information session on my campus during their campus tour. I am originally a university of Loughborough student majoring in Business Studies.
I paid so much for this program so I came in with serious expectations with high hopes. This was like a journey to Mars a planet I never knew about but had some photographs and footages from the news.
I was given 4 companies with 3 in Shanghai and another in Beijing. I do not know if I needed to mention these companies which I will do because I did not read the ethics guiding this review. But i settled for one in Shanghai called Transcosmos Consulting. I loved the job description from day one because I will be part of a team that are supposed to carry out a feasibility research for a clothing line from Italy which was supposed to take over another in Xian (China). I was then put on the line to speak with the HR who is an American. I was subjected to a stress interview and I did not like it but it was good I was confirmed afterall. I will assume at this point that I am already in China and then work started. Arrival arrangements went well and I am not supposed to be overly impressed as thats the duty of Go Abroad China as I paid them so much.
I love this company because I worked in a team where we were allowed to vary the working time. We worked so late sometimes and we are allowed to delay coming to work next day. This proposes I am a disorgnized person and loves disorganized environments but I dont really care what you as a reader is thinking because my supervisor likes me that way.
First of all, I was made to perform tasks that were already completed to test my accuracy especially financial statement analysis and predictions. Cost structuring given the company's information. Stress testing on financial systems within an organizations and evaluating their capital structure.
So that brings the corporate finance topics and revisions to mind. Have you ever been put on the spot ? I have and I think I never disgraced Prof Tuller the one who educated me about finance. Company evaluation, the process of mergers and acquisitions, Red lights during acquisitions, Negotiation skills etc was what I added to my head during the internship. It was very easy to absorb because it was done in a very corporate environment with real situation.
What else? the food?, the people? the fun? the trips? the events? etc they are not relevant to you now as you read this because your main aim is to get real hands on experience in China. China has 10000000 how many zeros? types of food and you cant enjoy all. Get ready for the drinking culture of chinese while you network and it is pretty easy. Shanghai is a city that easily sways dreams. I am not fascinated by its beautiful designs on the street since I have had enough of that in London but the Nightlife is........ (let me end it there)
I just secured a 2 year contract with the company I interned and I am considering going back to China only if my family agrees.
I think thats all for now.
The program was fantastic as I am trying to avoid too sweet words. I think Go Abroad China is too old and learnt their lessons in the past but they have not finished growing. I worked with Native English Speaking and 2 Italians How could I speak Chinese? So the "Ni hao" and basics is all I had not Business Chinese. I hate them for that.
If you find this helpful, hit me.

Go Abroad China should look for Scholarships for participants. They have a fantastic program content which could be only patronized by the affluent.
I think a good collaboration will earn them a good client base

Gwendolyn
California

My Intern life in China

Go Abroad China arranged me a very good internship placement, all my coworker were friendly and they really helpful. It was a great experience.I learned a lot of stuff from this company. At the beginning i was a little worried, because i thought the different culture and the different language,but the truth is we have a great time. The hostfamily also amazing, they treat me very well. And after a few days we truly became family.
Also Go Abroad China arranged me a tutor to taught me Chinese. I knew i am a slow learner and Chinese is really hard, but after all we get through it.
I want to thank Go Abroad China give me a memory i can not forget for my whole life.

Xavier
Mexico
Columbia University

My Paid Internship Position From Go Abroad China

Go Abroad China really helped me a lot when i was in China doing my internship. They picked me up at the airport and help me found an amazing host family,they helped me to get used to the city show me how to take the subway how to take the bus, and a lot of tips about how to handle my life in China. The internship company they arranged for me was perfect. I couldn't ask any more about this experience.
The only thing it do bothered me when i was in China is some chinese people they like to staring at me.Maybe they thought i was some celebrity,who knows!

Amani
Tunisia

First Time to Stay and Work in China

When I decided to spend my mandatory internship semester abroad, I was totally in a mess. But after contacting Go Abroad China, it looks much easier than I thought. Go Abroad China provides a referral service that helps you find the right type of companies who are also interested in hiring you. So basically, instead of preparing and sending out 50+ applications you only need to write one.
The company that I ended up with is a Japanese based company with labs all over the world. The Shanghai office has approximately 200 employees and is quite modern. I work in a sixteen person team in the R&D department and my work involves a lot of software development and prototyping. The work is, thanks to a large amount of research and development tasks, a smooth ramp up from previous university courses and provides very many interesting challenges.
Due to the fact that the official language at the office is English, adapting to the working environment has been a breeze. But anyway, I still have chance to practice my Chinese with my Chinese colleagues after work. Everything else on the other hand is completely different and takes some getting used to, but should be no problem for an observant traveller (“When in Rome…”).
No matter whether you study engineering and are looking for something beyond the typical ERASMUS semester or just a business student needing an edge for future job applications, an internship in China will provide you with a unique and rewarding experience.

Pepino
Dutch

Management Consultant in Shanghai, China

After graduated from my university, I decided to look for an internship in a different country to widen eyes. Compared to other countries it seemed to me as a jungle to lock my final intern country, which is why I contacted Go Abroad China, which assisted me in finding an internship. The internship is in a management consultancy with headquarter in Shanghai. It was clear from day 1 that I would work very independently and that you have to be good at managing large assignments yourself, as If you were working. By providing such a high level of responsibility, I have gained a high belief in myself and my knowledge has increased a lot. I have been assisting on many types of different projects and every one of them has been really interesting and given me many insights into many different industries.
Furthermore, has my Chinese skills improved remarkable since you are working a lot with sales material and presentations.
My skills within excel, word and power point have also improved. I valued myself as a skilled user before I started, but I can ensure I indeed have improved these skills as well.
What they require from you is the same as many other consultancies so the work pressure and hours is very volatile, so do not take this internship if you are not willing to work. Do it if you have a passion about management consulting and if you want to get a feeling of how things are working within a management consultancy and if you want to work in a young dynamic team.
Overall my job is very versatile and interesting which combined has resulted in that there are no two similar days in a week. So far I’ve enjoyed my time very much is and that it is based in Shanghai just a bonus. I personally believe it should be mandatory for everyone to work abroad to get an insight into different cultures and hereby prepare them to adopt the more and more globalized economy better. Furthermore, it is a good way to improve your CV and yourself to the life after the studies.

robert
Austrilia
University of Canberra

My Shanghai life and experience

After graduated from university, I decided to look for an internship. Compared with many countries, it makes me more confused. Then I contacted Go Abroad China, which assisted me in finding an internship in Shanghai, China.
The internship is in a Swedish management consultancy with headquarter in Shanghai. It was clear from day 1 that I would work very independently and that you have to be good at managing large assignments yourself, as If you were working. By providing such a high level of responsibility, I have gained a high belief in myself and my knowledge has increased a lot. I have been assisting on many types of different projects and every one of them has been really interesting and given me many insights into many different industries.
Furthermore, has my English skills improved remarkable since you are working a lot with sales material and presentations.
Overall my job is very versatile and interesting which combined has resulted in that there are no two similar days in a week. So far I’ve enjoyed my time very much and that it is based in Shanghai is just a bonus. I personally believe it should be mandatory for everyone to work abroad to get an insight into different cultures and hereby prepare them to adopt the more and more globalized economy better. Also I really appreciate the assistant from Go Abroad China. They helped me to find such a good job.

Syeda
Pakistan

Paid Fiance Internship in Shanghai, China

With a huge interest in international business and cultures, I have always wanted to learn about different business practices in different parts of the world. So after a pleasant experience studying in my colleague, I decided to go to a different country and learn more. After careful consideration, China became my top choice which was also why I contacted Go Abroad China.
After a short trip, I finally first landed on one of the fastest developing city Shanghai. Miss Tina from Go Abroad China picked up me at the airport and help arranged everything for me. Two days later, I was placed in a global logistics company in Shanghai. The work was very versatile and required a lot of quantitative analysis. I had different assignments working with both Finance department and commercial department. Through collaboration, I was able to create several expense analysis templates for them to use in the future. I found that my excel skills have improved and I’ve mastered the skills in analyzing large sets of data.
Overall, it was a very pleasant experience working in this company, the working environment and the colleagues were very friendly and knowledgeable. I believe this experience has allowed me to gain insights in the Chinese industry.

Robert
Austrilia
University of Adelaide

Wonderful Experience in Beijing

Because I did not have much time to search for an internship, I contact one of my friends who has ever stayed in China for couple of month, and he recommended Go Abroad China to me. After an intense week I got an internship in a management consulting firm in Beijing. The tasks I have been given so far are very interesting and challenging. I was expecting to be spending a lot of time doing administrative work, but I spend 90%+ of my time doing tasks which are more project-related. In the company I am working for I feel that if you can get the job done well, they do not care what position you have in the company, and are willing to give you challenging and interesting tasks.
Living in China can be a challenge. You have problems communicating and simple daily tasks can in the beginning be hard to get done efficiently. I would recommend that you approach these challenges one at the time – and remember "what does not kill you – makes you stronger". Fortunately I get help from Go Abroad China from the beginning to the end of my time in China. I had to say Go Abroad China staff is really helpful during my time in China.
At the same time it is exciting to live in a totally different culture. You will quickly understand that the Chinese are very friendly and very interested in you as a foreigner.
To summarize my experience in China in short is not possible, but I would like to say the following as an ending note: if you want to have an Internship abroad – go to China with Go Abroad China.

shristi
UK
Durham University

My Internship Experience in China

I was looking for an internship abroad for a long time, and found out that China is a common destination as there are many opportunities for recent graduates to gain some experience. As I didn't have any time for looking for the internship myself, I found Go Abroad China searching on the web and told them what I was looking for. They came up with several options until we find one that suited me, they were really helpful during all the process. Arriving in China without speaking any Chinese is not easy, as almost no Chinese speaks English so it can get really frustrating when trying to rent an apartment or doing basic shopping, but they always try to help you. Same for the working environment, first weeks working with Chinese people will challenge your patience but if you believe that some struggling is the best way of learning, you will find that you grow much faster professionally than in a western working environment. Bottom line, China is a fascinating country, full of opportunities, that will frustrate you in the beginning but it will end up surprising you as you will find yourself loving it sooner than expected. And Go Abroad China is a great gateway to it.

Julia
Shanghai, China
University of Auckland

Not satisfied with the internship in Shanghai with Go Abroad China

I initially thought that interning in Shanghai through Go Abroad China was a good decision, provided their numerous positive reviews. However, after arriving in China, this was not the case for me.

There were many issues upon my arrival in Shanghai. Given the fee I paid for the program, the accommodation was not up to the standard. The shared-apartment was quite old, with no TV or good heating system, just a heater to keep my room warm. My Chinese textbook came almost one month late, and I didn’t receive proper orientation around my neighbourhood, felt lost and unfamiliar in the area. Also there was no proper free social/cultural activities with other interns, as promised on the website, but I guess the reason is because I am the only intern in Shanghai through this agency! But nonetheless, I paid for this program so they should at least inform me or do something about it.
And it seems like Beijing is a more popular place…. So if you want a more individualized internship I recommend Shanghai, but if you want to meet other interns and do social/cultural activities together, go Beijing.

Anyways, what really ticks me off (annoys me) is their poor communication and disorganize & unprofessional way of business; I mean while applying for the program they told me the electricity/gas/water bills are included in the program fee; but then when I arrive in China, they told me they will only pay 200RMB/month and I am responsible to pay the remainder. I was shock because I did not bring extra money or expect to pay for house bills! They did not mention anything about it while I was still applying for the program, even when I asked them about the bills. I mean what kind of agency does this?! Revealing “hidden costs” after they receive your payment and once you have arrived in China…Seems like I was scammed by the agency! So my advice is be careful in which agency you choose, do plenty of research, and get feedback from “real” people you know who have done the internship, it is much better/reliable. And ask A LOT of questions to the agency so you know what to expect upon arrival in the foreign country.

Aside from the company I am interning at the moment (which is a pretty good company), I am very disappointed and unsatisfied with this program. The agency is very disorganized and unprofessional; and has created so much hassle/stress for me. If you want to intern or study in China, I suggest you find a different agency; ones that are worth your money and you can trust!

Response from Go Abroad China

Dear Julia,
As part of Go Abroad China placement department team, It is our company obligation to share the other part of the facts and making sure that the whole picture is revealed in the right way. We will also try to explain the few conflict points: Accommodation, company placement, visa extension and activities.

The apartment is in the down town central part of Shanghai, walking distance to subway station and Nanjing Road. In shanghai there is no public heating system, all shanghai people use the heater. Additional info has been given on the website, as this is standard regulation for all company policies. On our website we declare our self very clearly: Please note that the expenses for gas, water and electricity fees (roughly RMB 200 per month) are not included in the program fee and will be the responsibility of the program participant, but Go Abroad China still paid for you though, and for the cleaning fee and your water fee, of course you need to pay yourself. Hidden costs are never existed if checking our website statement clearly.

Regarding to the activities, our program assistant in shanghai took you take part in several social networking events where you meet lots of foreigners in shanghai, and we cant guarantee you to make new friends everywhere in your internship city and even took you to meet your personal friends.

We have did respected your desire to find you a permanent job after the internship has finished; this company do not provide this opportunity. Also the permanent job never has been under discussion or part of the Go Abroad China responsibilities. Finally, because Go Abroad China’s good job from placement department, your internship company agreed to offer a full time permanent job Visa length and extension which were connected only with your internship duration.

We do hope that, we will have understanding on those issues, as sometimes the culture and communication differences bring misunderstanding in either side.

Regards
GAC Team

Edwin
Canada
University of Alberta

2013 Summer Internship in Beijing China

Choosing Go Abroad China for my internship has been an excellent decision, and I have not regretted it for a moment.
Prior to coming to China I did not speak any Chinese at all, and naturally this makes life a little bit difficult, especially when trying to get directions or order food at restaurants. However, the program coordinator's service was extremely good. They were extremely friendly and helpful, and made the transition to Beijing life much easier than it would otherwise have been. I will recommend this program as it provides a very unique and rewarding experience, and is provided by a very professional and helpful organization---Go Abroad China.
I was placed in an IT company which is one of the leading ISP and Telecom service providers in Hong Kong , Greater China and Taiwan. My working environment is amicable, passionate, innovative, cooperative and effective. I love to work here. Everyone is so friendly. Until now I still keep in touch with some of my Chinese Colleague. I will never forget the support they give to me. This experience is so wonderful, I miss my friends from Go Abroad China and my intern colleagues.

Nicole
State University of New York

Color Your Life-Join Paid IT Internship in China

I initially discovered Go Abroad China simply because they were one of the few overseas agencies to offer an internship program in my discipline. After browsing their website for an hour or so it became apparent to me that Go Abroad China was an extremely professional organization that has a clear understanding of student needs. Then I proceeded to contact a representative of the company. All of my questions were promptly answered, and the process for applying for the internship program was clearly explained.
A number of things contributed to making my internship such a fantastic experience. First of all, as I chose the home stay option, I was living with a Chinese family in a typical Beijing apartment. The family was very kind and provided assistance to me where they could. Secondly, the internship position itself and the company I worked for were excellent. For the first time since starting my studies I was able to get real-world, hands-on experience applying my knowledge, and I got to learn a lot of new stuff along the way. Thirdly, the other employees at my work were great people who really enriched my experience. I worked in an IT company to assist in Marketing campaigns from event organization through to PR, digital marketing and corporate hospitality. I learned lots of things that I never know in the school from this company. It is really a precious experience for me. I will never forget this experience.

Go Abroad China as the leading internship abroad provider in China, over 10000 talented undergraduates, graduates and young professionals from over 50 countries have joined GAC China Internship program.

Go Abroad China provide in a wide range of sectors that include hospitality, business, trade, technology,