Intern in China with Fortune 500 Companies in Engineering, Technology & More

Go Abroad China as the leading internship abroad provider in China, with over 13 years of experience more than 10000 talented students from 50+ countries have joined GAC China Internship program. Your placement will be based on your sector and background, and tailored to your interests and goals. You will work with world-renowned organizations, meet established professionals in your field, and attend professional development events to make the most out of your internship.

Join our internship abroad program and get exposed to the professional world, explore your chance and learn how the Chinese conduct business and learn the inner workings of their companies. Get a jumpstart on your career path by coming on over, visit our website and get in touch with us to start planning your trip with GAC.

Top 6 reasons to join GAC China Internship Program:
  • Professional internship placement services guaranteed: with GAC rich in experience, we are able to make a perfect match internship and secure a placement to your preferred area of work.
  • Continuous feedback about your progress and performance: throughout GAC China Internship Program, we will frequently communicate with both the intern and the partner company to ensure that the internship experience is varied, well-structured and managed in a professional way.
  • Onsite support from GAC professional staff: our clients are allocated coordinators who escort you from the airport and act as guides during your entire stay. We ensure comfort, safety and well-being during their time in China.
  • Chinese language studies and fun activities: by integrating Chinese language courses with work experience, students will not only study Chinese through class instruction, elective workshops, etc. but they will also have the chance to participate in social activities, study tours, volunteer in China, cultural excursions, etc.
  • Social network support: participants get the chance to attend networking events and meet reputable Chinese CEOs, managers and entrepreneurs.
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable: If the participant is not satisfied with the internship offer, the GAC program fee deposit is 100% refundable (after sending an internship offer)

No, you do not have to know Chinese prior to participating. Although the internship companies may be Chinese, we make sure to arrange an English speaking supervisor that will arrange your daily tasks and guide you everyday. However, while you are still abroad, you still have an opportunity to learn Chinese. Most participants usually ask for private tutoring on the days that they are not too busy...
Adjusting to a Chinese-style working environment and way of work was challenging in the beginning, but once you are in the company for some weeks it gets better. Its always helpful if you make a friends with some of your colleagues as they will pass on tips about what is expected, you adjust easier if you talk to people who have been there longer than you have.

Peter

My experience in my Business Internship in China

My business internship in China was one of my most memorable experiences. I cant forget arriving in China, so nervous and asking myself what I had gotten myself into, then being picked up by Serena from Go Abroad China and driven to my accommodation. But, within 2 weeks I was commuting to work by myself, doing some shopping and I made really funny friends. My internship went too fast for me though I enjoyed every moment of it.

Emma

Legal and Law Internship

I dont think I've had a better internship than the one i had through GAC. My internship company pushd me to take on the same work the full-time staffers worked on. This made me gain new skills in my career field. I gained technical skills, exposure to workforce culture and education about the chinese corporate structure. On the weekdays, GAC would take us to chinese events and theater shows. I practised tai chi and got to make some dumplings. It was a worthwhile experience overall.

Rudy

Internship in Beijing China

It was a worthwhile experience overall.

Irgna

Intensive Chinese Language Classes at BLCU

When I arrived in China, my main goal was to improve my chinese and BLCU helped me a lot on progressing my Chinese ability. The teachers were all friendly and enthusiastic.

When i arrived the language barrier really hit me. Everything sounded strange, but through attending classes at BLCU i was able to speak more than "Ni Hao"

Classes were well organised and the teachers were really experienced and made me feel confident and at ease in my new Chinese environment. Learning the Chinese characters proved difficult, but the teachers were able to make the lessons fun and engaging and this was really beneficial.

Apart from learning chinese, i did a lot of travelling which i really enjoyed.
I also had so much fun during the weekends with GAC going on trips and activities. I had so much fun and I would highly recommend this program to anyone.

The only thing Id like to be improved is on the flexibility of class times.
Amy

Highly recommended!

Before I come to China I was so frustrated, and I contacted with several internships in china provides, after I compare with the services and the prices, I decided to choose Go abroad China. I had lots of problems and fears in the beginning: Will I like the food? How will my internship be? How are the people in China? Can I find friends? Can I learn the language?
Go Abroad China one of the program assistants named Nadia helped me a lot. Right after I applied on the website, I got contacted by a program coordinator from the GAC and she guided me through every step on the way and she will continue to do so until I return back home.

I decided to do an internship from Jan 2017 to May 2017. After I applied, I got had an interview with GAC and with my CV, I got matched with an internship which matches my interest and my skillset at a finance company named AR Capital.

A couple of weeks after that I had the interview with the HR of my internship company. As soon I got accepted, GAC helped me with the preparation for the trip like the pre-departure and helped me got my visa also with my apartment in China. Everything went through very smooth and soon after that I started my trip to Shanghai.

I arrived Saturday morning and i took a rest for the first day, then on Sunday the program assistant Robert came to my place gave an orientation and set up everything here for me…he explained to me the Chinese culture, the food and the city itself, my first week was truly awful. I felt like quitting many times, was always tired, did not want to eat anything, and could not really get work done. But every time when I called him, he is always here to help me.

After I survived the first week though, things just got better every week. Not only because I got used to everything, During the weekend, I start to meet other participants from GAC, they are very nice to me and we always hang out together.

If you have any problems or concerns, you can also contact people from GAC– it really does not matter what kind of problems – and you will get help very fast. Chinese problems? Problems in the apartment? Problems in the job? Everything will get sorted out.

For my internship program. It really depends on your luck and on yourself. It definitely takes time to adapt to the Chinese working mentality, but it really can benefit you as a person for the future. I can only recommend you to do an internship with Go Abroad China !

www.goabroadchina.com
David

Experience in an intenrational law firm

When I think about my internship in China with Go Abroad China Internship program, one word comes to my mind: lucky.

I am a first year law student in United States and had never had a working experience before.

I was placed at the top 1 law firm and my supervisor was kind to me and was open to answer to each and every one of my questions. He believed I was dependable and trusted my work and instinct. I was given more challenging tasks as the days went by and even got to interview a client myself on the spot, with no preparation beforehand.
I felt fulfilled and grateful for the opportunity that Go Abroad China found for me.

Regarding to the accommodation I was provided was central and close to my internship company but most importantly my host family were super nice to me, every weekend we have plans to do something together such as BBQ, hiking, visit his realities and learned lots of Chinese culture. I never felt alone both thanks to the GAC customer service department organizes social events and visited the tourisms. I definitely recommend using their services!

Austin

my internship with GAC

Overall I enjoyed my experience with GAC. I was pleased with the amount of knowledge I learned and the new experiences I went through during my internship as a financial analyst at a finance company which GAC found on my behalf. The internship made me realize how fast things move in the finance industry and I feel it has prepared me well for the transition from university to the work force. The diversity of the work I completed made me realize my capabilities and had me further develop my skillet, and consolidated my interest in the industry. The networking opportunities to work alongside partners and analysts from different backgrounds will no doubt accelerate my career. In the future I would like to undertake another internship before I officially commence my professional career.
GAC also organised activities throughout my time in China, and provided valuable assistance when required.

Sally

Amazing experience in China

I joined Go Abroad China Internship program for one semester in college, from February 2016 until May 2016. My last semester of college was greatly enhanced through my internship as an international administrative coordinator. The work that I did improved my business and technical skills, taught me about a field that is closely related to my major and is a line of work I may want to pursue in the future. The hands-on, practical aspect of the internship gave me the opportunity to explore my major in a way that a regular class cannot. This was, without doubt, one of the most educational experiences of my college career, and I am glad I was able to do it before I graduated. This internship has prepared and polished me for the work world, and as a result, I am more confident in my future job prospects.
I worked on spread sheets, wrote reports, and got to use all my english skills in business setting for the first time. I feel more comfortable using english for professional purposes now then I ever have, and I am probably most proud of that mental accomplishment because of its usefulness in the future. In fact, since graduating I have accepted a job one of the GAC partner companies where my english fluency will play a paramount role in my success.

I highly recommend this experience to any student looking for a positive internship opportunity who wants to develop and polish their business skills in a way that no class can.
Jamie

My Summer internship in China

The experience with Go Abroad China Internship program start at summer 2016 for 6 months was very valuable to me. I was immersed in the great Chinese host family and the other students from GAC Internship programs who were just as ambitious, curious and open-minded as me. Besides having great peer students to communicate and go out with at home, the program provided me a fantastic professional internship in the financial services industry. The work environment was very tough in the beginning, having to do much grunt work like drafting business plans; but over time, I was given more and more responsibility and even handled my own few clients after 4 months. It was a hard piece of work, but all the more rewarding in the end.

Go Abroad China also sponsors fun events on the weekends or evening during the week to get more familiar with the Chinese culture and Chinese language. There are so many things to do, but the people in place always had great recommendations and ideas matching your own interests.
Hallie

My Summer internship in China

David

Good Experience in Shanghai

Eight weeks in Shanghai sounded kind of long in the beginning but I soon got busy with the internship work and enjoying the city. I am a Mandarin speaker and so I thought it was a good idea to sort of return to China for a work placement there. Thank you to GAC they helped with placements, visa and accommodation. Of course planning this is a long process but worth it in the end. My internship was in the business development industry and its was really great working with my coworkers as I didn't really have any language barrier problems so I got better responsibilities.
Shanghai is not different from large economic cities outside of China - well at least the ones I've seen anyway. If there was more room for improvement it would be the networking opportunities since the social ones I thoroughly enjoyed.

Lea

Great time in Beijing

I did my internship in the business sector with the help of Go Abroad China of course; at the internship company my day to day work was arranged by my boss, then on the weekends, the activities were organised by GAC. I enjoyed the dinners organised, and the staff were always friendly. I started communicating with Go Abroad China pretty early on actually because I wanted to know how much I needed to save up for example. It was my first time in Beijing and I had a great time! I was picked up from the airport, my apartment was not that far from the subway stop because the internship place was right in the middle of the city, but unfortunately it would get very crowded on public transport. I miss China already...

Ayida

Interning at a hotel in Beijing

I got a really great internship with one of the Marriott chain hotels in Beijing, which I was really longing for for many years. My name is Ayida, I am in my final year of university which is why I had to do a placement abroad.
Living in Beijing was chaotic at first, but its a city which eventually you get used to. Interning at such a big hotel left me with an experience I still don't know how to describe fully; it's was always busy, getting to know the work in the first couple of weeks was also worth it when customers leave great comments about your work. Of course in the beginning I had a guide at all times to teach me the work, organisational skills and keeping the time of doing everything. Then later on I got to work with a team and we worked in shifts especially with the front entrance, doing double checks on rooms and other bookings etc. I loved working with people, I guess working in a hotel, my view of Beijing was changed completely with regards to the dozens of international people booking and being part of the organising team for events held at the hotel.

I am grateful that Go Abroad China managed to get me such an internship, my requirements have always been high. Plus the accommodation was on site, which really helped me save a lot!

Valerie

Management Consulting in Beijing

Currently I am still in Beijing doing my internship in consulting and it's going fairly well. I am working at a company which helps foreign companies understand China, do market research before they can come to China. This internship has been organised by Go Abroad China and I applied several months back. In the beginning of my internship, I was taken to meet my supervisor for a little chat before I formally started. Next I spent around 2 weeks going through a short training before I got assigned stuff to do, what I am working on at the moment is a lot of data research and collection with a couple of other colleagues - we work in the same team. I am receiving a lot of guidance from them since I learnt that I am currently the only intern within their team.

I will be honest, the work is challenging but I am managing just okay, but I'm glad I am able to do some actually work here. The work day is long, I come to work at 8am and knock off just after 5pm.

The weekends I have been able to join GAC for a trip to the Greatwall, I have had Nanjing cuisine and I look forward to another invitation of their activities. This is my first time in China, I considered taking an internship here after a lot of careful thinking (and saving), plus at my college, lots of people are interested in going to China. I don't even speak Chinese but I manage to get by on a daily basis.

Justin

internship in Shanghai

I was interning within the marketing department of a company in Shanghai that specialized in stainless steel products. I applied through Go Abroad China, I had seen some of their stuff on the internet. I won't say I was 100% sold on going to China for an internship but I had told myself that if the opportunity seemed good enough and worth it then I would make the investment and travel there.
I did some administrative tasks such as updating the company's database to do with treading products, we did a lot of other work researching other markets for the company to export to. I was working with a team of other marketing people and I mainly interacted with the few people that were able to speak English. Actually this is one thing I was concerned about coming to China, at first I wondered if the positions required Chinese speakers - I don't speak any! But it was okay, I will say that not everybody at the company could speak English but the people I had to interact directly with everyday could speak English.
The company was located in downtown Shanghai and I lived in a shared apartment 40 minutes away from work. I took the subway everyday into work. In the beginning of course I had hoped to have a shorter commute to work but once I got there and understood the structure of the city of Shanghai I got used to it.
Some weekends I would spent by myself, taking walks around my area, other times the GAC coordinator in Shanghai would organize for a few of us in Shanghai to meet up for dinner or something. Shanghai is a nice city as expected even though it was my first time there. For now I'm not sure when my next trip to China will be, but hopefully this experience will help me at least build up my resume as I will be graduating soon anyway.

About Go Abroad China

Go Abroad China as the leading internship abroad provider in China, over 10000 talented undergraduates, graduates and young professionals from over 50 countries have joined GAC China Internship program.

Go Abroad China provide in a wide range of...