Shanghai is China's largest city and financial capital. It is located on the central east coast of the country and enjoys moderate temperatures in the winter and hot summers.
Shanghai has been a market city for over 1,000 years. In the 19th century, the city operated as a popular port location, which helped pave the way towards Shanghai eventually becoming one of the most important economic centers in the world. The city is one of contrast- old and ancient temples lie scattered throughout the endless skyscrapers, inexpensive markets stand next to state-of-the-art shopping malls, restaurants serving international cuisine can be found sharing walls with local food spots.
Shanghai's long history as an Asian trade hub has contributed to its distinct welcoming and open atmosphere, making it the ideal location for those who wish to study abroad in China and learn more about Chinese language and culture. Check out the ISA website today for all the details!
View Program Information
• Comprehensive Advising and Support
• Tuition at the Host University
• Official Transcript from Host University with ISA Cover Letter
• Meals and Laundry Services
• Bridging Cultures Program
• Full-Time Resident Staff
• On-Site ISA Offices
• Computer and Internet Access
• The ISA Discovery Model
• Cultural Activities
• Medical Insurance
• Comprehensive Health, Safety and Security Support
• Airport Reception
• Visa Support
• The Professional Development Toolbox
• Scholarship Opportunities