IFSA/Alliance: Public Health Policy and Practice

The Public Health Policy and Practice in China
The Public Health Policy and Practice in China

The Public Health Policy and Practice program in China offers the opportunity for undergraduates to delve into research projects of their own design. Students conceptualize, conduct and present a substantial piece of research relevant to the field of public health. Students can participate in an unpaid, credit-bearing internship at sites such as Chinese or international non-profits, corporations or think-tanks focus on promoting public and environmental health.

IFSA Scholarships
IFSA Scholarships and Financial Aid

We believe that study abroad should be within reach of every student, so we offer a wide range of scholarships and funding opportunities for all our participants.

$500 - $2,500

Claire

I Learned More Than I Thought I Could

Studying abroad in Shanghai offered me an amazingly well-rounded experience. I had well-known and knowledgeable professors that offered me the opportunity to delve into the Chinese public healthcare system, the basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Environmental Health in China, and begin learning Chinese which I ended up loving. On top of my classes, I made meaningful connections with my Chinese roommate and her friends and had a personal tour guide around Shanghai. In the short time I was there, I learned so much about the history, food, and culture while simultaneously having an incredibly fun time. Shanghai is a very fun city! Additionally, the IFSA staff were very supportive and worked hard to make sure our experience there was both smooth and meaningful. I would recommend this program to anyone.