Study Abroad at University of Nottingham, China Campus

This program would be ideal for students who seek a semester or an academic years' study abroad with English as the only teaching language and Chinese as a free second language. You will have the opportunity to not only improve your professional knowledge in world-leading UK university, but also have the chance to experience the most ancient, while still fastest-growing China and its culture and economy.

• In the Top 1% of universities worldwide
  • 100% study programs delivered in English
  • Multiple scholarships make sure all excellence can be awarded
  • Free Chinese language classes and internship opportunities
  • Guaranteed on-campus accommodation

Kiera

A experience allowed me to enrich myself

UNNC is quite a unique university compares to others. It locates in Ningbo China but owns an international environment with great diversity due to the uniform system of Nottingham. As for my own staying here, I gained more than my expectation. There were a variety of organizations like the Confucius Insititute and Mandarin Corner that provided me with all kinds of activities to learn more about Chinese stuff such as Mooncake making. What's more, there are other motivating activities like lots of field trips to local companies and sessions that allowed us to meet interesting scholars. I truly feel it a worth staying and I gained beautiful memories here. To mention the city Ningbo, everything there was quite convenient and the weather was comfortable but a little bit humid.

Wangyang

Really enjoy the time in UNNC

First of all, the University of Nottingham Ningbo China is definitely a wonderful place to learn and stay, the reasons vary, for example professors are good, the infrastructure is perfect and the environment is really pleasant. Before I came here, I once hesitate and fear with maladjustment. But the truth is it's very easy to adapt myself to this place, the class is interesting and people here are very kind, professors gave me a lot of help and they are really patient whatever I ask them questions and communicate to them. Because UNNC has brought together a group of outstanding students from different countries, who really want to learn more and doing something interesting, I feel fantastic that I can study with them and meet many friends here. Additionally, there are many club activities that can enrich my life. Gymnasium in the campus is well equipped and it's also orderly and clean. I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience in my life and I hope I can be here again.

I can't see the significant problem but maybe more foreign people from different countries should be adopted to enrich the student diversity.
Zenobia

A lovely study experience in UNNC

If someone asks me to describe UNNC with 3 words, it must be free,academic and rigorous. I thought UNNC would be like normal Chinese universities, forcing me to do everything under the teachers' instructions,just like what my friends told me. However, it is not, totally different experience from my friends who have studied in those universities. I study by myself most of the time and I can feel nothing different in the way of teaching from the British, and the most important thing is that I can enjoy the time with my Chinese friends, both studying and other crazy things.So many sweet memories with them, btw, I love sitting on the grassland when they teach me Chinese.:) The professors here are nice and all the students here are friendly. I think I will go for futher study here since I just fall in love with everything in this campus for no reason.:)

Camille

My colorful life in UNNC

The diversification of University of Nottingham Ningbo China is the most unforgettable memory for me. I make friends with students from different countries and we share ideas across cultures. This kind of communication not only help me to know more about other cultures, but also provide many opportunities for me to practice English. Another wonderful experience is the curriculum which including lecture and seminar. We listen carefully in lectures and discuss actively in seminars. If I have trouble in understanding some knowledge, I am allowed to sent email to my tutor and make an appointment with her to get help. This model has an important influence in my courses and helps me to achieve academic goals. All in all, my life in UNNC is colorful and wonderful.

Viola

unforgettable experience in unnc

UNNC has various organizations and societies, including 20 service-oriented student organizations, many student innovation teams, and more than 70 societies in four major categories including academic, practical, liberal arts and sports. These student organizations and societies are committed to conducting a variety of extra-curricular activities. UNNC also has Tri-Campus Games, which organize students from each of the three Nottingham Campuses - UK, China and Malaysia - compete against each other in several sports. The Games offer a genuine opportunity for sporting and educational exchange in the friendly spirit of competition. A cultural programme of visits and events also runs alongside the Games. The event involves nearly 200 students from over 20 different nations competing in three international campus based teams.

Jiyang

Unforgettable Experience

The cources in UNNC helped me a lot. Professors here are quite patient and professional, whinl all the students are kind and friendly. Every person here is always waiting to help you. Everyday I learned a lot of useful knowledge. More importantly, I've learned how to get all kinds of information through daily life. Life is the stage. I believe that after I go back home, these experiences will be always useful. I'll recommend this program to my friends later. Waiting for visit UNNC again in the future!

Daniel

A pretty well experience

The study experience presented by University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) is quite extraordinary and beyond my expectation. I would like to say it is fantastic and adventurous that you do an English degree in China, and you could be immersed in both two opposite cultures. As an overseas campus of University of Nottingham, also the first Sino-foreign university in China mainland, UNNC inherits the tradition and essence of British education, as well as imports the academic evaluation system from Nottingham UK. As we China mainland students, we are able to enjoy the original world-class education without going overseas, gaining a global platform and enhance ourselves comprehensively. Teachers and administrative staff here are all very kind and helpful, always willing to resolve any difficulties we may encountered. Besides, I truly feel UNNC is a student-centered community, as we are all respected and all kinds of support, both in study and excurricular life are ready to help. UNNC creates a great innovative, inspiring and dynamic atmosphere which encourages us to learn more and get in touch with the outside world. The well-equipped and beautiful campus in Ningbo has plenty of advanced facilities which enable us conduct different kinds of activities. The accommodation experience is also quite satisfying. I love everything here, and enjoy every moment staying with UNNC.

Leo

Same quality, different culture

University of Nottingham NIngbo China is the first sino-foreign university in China. I worried about the teaching method might be different in UK before I came but actually I can feel no difference. They have all classes in English, even when the teacher and all students are Chinese. It is a very popular university in China. Thus, most of students are from different part of China. Also, there are many exchange students from many different famous universities. They build partnerships with universities like University of Edinburgh and so on.
The teaching quality is promised without a doubt, but I want to say that it is so wonderful to have British style education in a eastern country. China has is unique culture, Ningbo is a beautiful city. People here are really friendly and it's very safe, no matter inside or outside the campus. Here I met friends from all over the world.
BTW, UNNC also has master and Phd. prgrammes , maybe I will choose to continue my postgraduate program here, because I love this place.

I hope there are more and more international students, making the culture more colorful.
TIANZHENG

An innovatory finding in UNNC

Learning in the University of Nottingham Ningbo China helped me develop a sense of confidence in my studies. Learning in a UK university in China teaches me how to think independently, dare to contend, and moreover, students potential could be fully unlocked in this university. Being a global university is an innovatory experiment for the University of Nottingham, and in return, it is definitely a fabulous for the international students to obtain and develop their willingness in finding a betterment of the educational experience.

I firmly believe that the University of Nottingham China Campus should offer more common space (like accomodation and study areas) for the current population. Its lack of capacity in infrastructure may probably lead to a lose of students' favorable impression.
Eunice

A wonderful experience

It is really a wonderful experience to study at UNNC where I get the chance to experience different kinds of learning style and environment. UNNC has professional teachers to help students to develop abilities and skills from all aspects which are really important for my future study. My favorite memorty during my study at UNNC would be the time and effort that I spent with my teammates so that we could work on the project together.

About University of Nottingham Ningbo China

University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign university to open its doors in China in 2004 and located in coastal city Ningbo, one of the Top 7 cities for business in China. It is one of the overseas campuses of University...