View Other Details
The Shanghai program is ideal for students who are interested in studying the economic and business environment of China and East Asia. Once a sleepy fishing town, Shanghai is now the hallmark of China’s booming economy. It is the perfect place for you to learn about the business environment of East Asia and study Chinese language. Mandarin is the official/standard dialect used in China, and Shanghai is a great place to practice it outside of class. While learning Chinese language and business logistics during the week, you will be able to take in dozens of art exhibitions, sport competitions, movies, museums, musical events, nightclubs, and more.
The Shanghai program offers an intensive language approach that allows you to complete up to one year of university foreign language coursework in only one semester. You may combine courses from the following subject areas: International Business and Intensive Chinese Language. Field trips and optional tours are also available.
- Choose from multiple levels of Mandarin Chinese—an increasingly important language in today’s global society
- Explore the city’s sophistication, fine arts, spectacular museums, culinary fusion, and world-class entertainment
- Gain international business experience—300 of the world’s Fortune 500 companies have a major presence
- Enjoy overnight trips to the beautiful Yangzi River Delta—picturesque Hangzhou, Nanjing, and Suzhou—and the exotic water village of Xitang
- Kick-start your career with the Shanghai Summer Professional Development Internship
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.