View Other Details
Study abroad in Chengdu, China with USAC! Home of the Panda, and known as "China's China", Chengdu is a destination rich in culture. The Chengdu program is ideal for students who are interested in experiencing life in one of the most ancient, culturally fascinating, and authentic places in all of China. Chengdu is also one of the most important economic centers and transportation and communication hubs in the country. The program offers the opportunity to learn Mandarin Chinese, a language that is becoming increasingly popular in the global marketplace. Mandarin is the official/standard dialect used in China, and Chengdu is a great place to practice it outside of class.
Academically, this program offers a high-quality educational experience with a focus on either Chinese Language or Chinese Studies. If you choose to focus on intensive language study, you may also take one or two elective courses such as Tai Chi, Chinese culture, history, or Chinese cuisine.
- Choose from multiple levels of Mandarin Chinese—an increasingly important language in today’s global society
- Visit the home of the panda, the international symbol of Chinese friendship and goodwill
- Live in a very friendly city known as “China’s China,” with a long and rich history and its own unique local culture.
- Sample spicy Sichuan food and traditional “hot pots”
- Enjoy picturesque field trips to mountains, rivers and waterfalls
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.