This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Adelante Abroad.
Study Abroad in San Jose - Adelante Abroad

Study Abroad in San Jose - Adelante Abroad

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Adelante Abroad.

Travel AND Intern this Summer - NOT A JOKE!

Spend 2-6 months in Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Spain, or Uruguay. Internships are year round and include customized placements (with over 20 sectors to choose from), FREE housing (in your own room), and Spanish language courses. Apply by April 1st (No Joke!) to start as early as June 2018.

Costa Rica is one of the world's most breathtaking and lush countries. Why not spend a semester or a summer in San Jose, Costa Rica's radiant capital? Immerse yourself in a Spanish language exchange program (ranging from beginner to advanced) and the native country's rich culture. In your free time, explore majestic rainforests and the scenic coast. Or, you can get active with the co-ed soccer games and tropical dance lessons Adelante's program offers. A whole new cultural perspective is all but guaranteed with this study abroad experience!

San José
High School Diploma
Letters of Recommendation
Phone / Skype Interview
Application Fee

My time is Costa Rica was fantastic. The social scene was phenomenal, and my host Family was wonderful. The school itself was quite nice and the campus was beautiful. The only problem I had was the staff at the University itself. It was mildly frustrating to deal with them. Adelante was fantastic and were very helpful and cooperative. They will work around your schedule. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking to study abroad.

Response from Adelante Abroad

Hi Christopher,

Thanks so much for the great review. We are glad you had a fantastic experience overall. Thanks for recognizing that we do all that we can to ensure you are getting the best experience possible. Best of luck to you in the future!

- Adelante

The best experience ever

I really enjoyed my time in Costa Rica. I got a chance to emerge into a new lifestyle and culture while going to school. This is something that I highly reccommend to just about anyone.

round trip airport transfers

Pura Vida!

The reason I gave a lower rating for safety is simply because everyone warned me not to go out alone at night and be careful during the day. As long as you move in groups and aren't completely ignorant to the fact that you're in another country (don't walk around with your ipod in your hand and your cell phone in your back pocket) you should be fine. I didn't hear of any in my program having any problems. GO on the excursions too! You won't regret it. Adelante Abroad was really helpful, they did everything in their power to make this happen for me!

There were too many Americans. I was the only non-American. A more diverse group would really have helped my cultural experience be more related to the country that I was visiting. It was really hard NOT to speak English which impeded my learning.

Response from Adelante Abroad

Thank you, K. for the 100% grade and the shout out about the truly amazing excursions offered in the Adelante Abroad Costa Rica programs! Yes, we definitely do overstate the safety concerns – rather have you be over cautious than under during your short time abroad.

About Adelante Abroad

Internship, Volunteer, Semester & Summer Study Abroad Programs define Adelante Abroad's menu of offerings and expertise. Choose to intern overseas in Spain, Ecuador, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico, or Scotland. With year round start dates, Adelante is sure...