This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Panrimo.
Alumni Network - Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic with Panrimo

Alumni Network - Study Abroad in Prague, Czech Republic with Panrimo

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from Panrimo.

Panrimo partners with Charles University in Prague, an illustrious school founded in 1348 by a papal bull on the urging of the Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV. Ranked among the top 1.5% of universities in the world, Charles is also the number one institution in the Czech Republic and is often cited as one of the best in Europe. Situated in Prague's Old Town, the campus is only a stone's throw away from shopping, recreation, and cafes, all perfect places for relaxing after class.

Students can also choose the University of Economics, founded in 1919 and consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in Europe. With 6 former prime ministers amongst its alumni, the university has a friendly, multi-national student population with many clubs and sports teams students can join.

Accompanied by their on-site coordinators, the students will also be given the chance to learn more about their new city through excursions and immersive activities included in the program cost.

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
Letters of Recommendation
Phone / Skype Interview
Age Requirement
Visa Requirement
Personal Advisor, Financial Aid Guidance, Credit Transfer Assistance, Visa and Passport Application Guidance, Personalized Entry Packet, Tuition, Fees, Campus Amenities, Housing, Excursions, Onsite Coordinator, Airport Pick-Up, Orientation, Health Insurance, and Transcripts are all included in the program costs. Scholarships are available through www.panrimo.com.
Prague

Liz
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Grand Valley State University

Prague + Panrimo= 10/10

As cheesy as the title may be, it is the honest truth. My time in Prague was perfect. I completely fell in love with city, the people, the culture... Everything about it was a perfect match for me. My neighborhood was extremely safe and residential but also close to the city center. Our flat was clean, modern, safe, and huge (I had my own bedroom and bathroom)!
Panrimo made the process as easy as it could possibly be. All of my paperwork was a cinch to complete with the help of the advisers (Thank you, Michael!) and they made me feel completely prepared and safe. Panrimo also has advisers in Prague for you to ask any questions and attend trips, give advice of where to go, help with travel... really anything you could possibly need.
The city itself is magnificently beautiful and has a small/communal sense about it, despite the fact there are over 1 million residents in Prague. I walked everywhere and city transport made life so easy (and I am one to get lost very easily).
I was able to travel to 10 different countries and a handful of cities within the Czech Republic.
This experience was everything I had hoped for and I wish I could do it again! I really could write a book about how amazing and magical Prague is, how much I would like everyone to visit it, and upload all 5,000 pictures that I took while I was there.

It would have been nice to have a few more activities with our advisers in Prague and people from the Panrimo. We did them often, but they were so fun I wish we did more.

Carly
Bay City, Michigan
Saginaw Valley State University

Prague is the BEST!

My time in Prague changed me for the better, entirely! Panrimo's support before, during, and after my program took loads of stress off of me so I could better enjoy my time abroad. Strolling the cobblestone streets of Prague instilled in me an appreciation for living on such old land that so many Greats inhabited before me. My perspective of life shifted as I became more aware of how big and diverse the world is! Without the help of Panrimo and their wonderful advisors, I would have never had an opportunity such as this. I felt as though the program was organized and clear and I was comfortable knowing I had the support, feedback and advice of my Panrimo advisors and coordinators at my disposal. Because Panrimo is a smaller, more intimate study abroad provider, I felt like I was important to them. This was also a comfort because I know it is possible with larger providers to become lumped and lost among hundreds of other study abroad students. There were a handful of other Panrimo students with me there and we did participate in planned group activities sometimes, but I also felt like I had the freedom to take trips of my own and create my own schedule, which was very nice!

Teresa
San Francisco, California
San Francisco State University

Absolutely perfect location and great program

From the initial application process to being abroad, Panrimo staff were on top of being there checking in on me and other participants. Prague was an absolutely beautiful, international, and safe city that will forever hold great memories for me. The details of my internship with the National Museum was a little unclear at first, but it was smooth to work out with the employer and Panrimo the expectations after arrival to Czech Republic. There is definitely great opportunity to bond with your program buddies, and Sam and Fillip are awesome guys who take care of you. The biggest thing to know is that this program is what you make of it, so don't get discouraged too easily and know that you have to put in some effort to meet others, but once you break out of your bubble you will meet some of the greatest people in this wonderful city.

There could be more detailed and concrete job descriptions for the internships, just for preparation process. However, the communication between Panrimo and the participants is absolutely spot on.

Rachel
Fayetteville, WV
West Virginia Wesleyan College

From West Virginia to the Czech Republic

The night before I left for Prague I thought that I had made the wrong choice. It was my first time traveling outside of the US and I thought that I was going to be dumped into a city in a terrible apartment with no real understanding of the language or public transportation (where I live "public transportation" isn't really a thing, we're too small of a town). I WAS WRONG. Panrimo made sure that I wasn't just dumped completely outside of of my comfort zone but at the same time allowed me to develop my own skills and independence. They ensured that I was in a safe neighborhood and introduced me to Sam and Filip - locals who took our group on fun excursions and made sure to help answer any of our questions. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or a better group to have help me find my place within the fairy tale city of Prague. I would suggest that if this is your first time traveling to a foreign country to chose Panrimo because of their excellent care and staff.

If I had to change one thing about this program it would be to provide drop-off transportation for the airport.

db_22
Raleigh, NC

Highly Recommend

With supportive staff, a beautiful city with countless amenities, and an insanely fun university, this program was a fantastic choice. Prague is easy to get around and is a fairly cheap city when comparing it to the rest of Europe. The Panrimo advisors are always willing to help or give their advice, but they aren't overbearing in that you feel as though your parents came along. Anglo-American University is full of amazing professors and some really cool people that come from all over the world.

stacieelizabeth
Smiths Creek, MI
Saginaw Valley State University

Awesome Experience!

From the time I submitted my application until I arrived back in the U.S. after my internship Panrimo was always there to answer any question or concern I had. They took the time to get to know me on a more personal level in order to find the perfect internship for me. One of the first questions they asked me after I was accepted into the program was if I could have my dream internship in Prague where would it be. I told them my dream internship would be at the National Museum. Only problem with that was the National Museum building was closed for renovations. However, they found me an internship with the National Museum working with their online collection on their website www.eSbirky.cz. My internship was the best experience of my life. My supervisor was wonderful she taught me everything she needed me to know and I felt comfortable asking questions if I did not understand something. I had 3 roommates from other universities across the U.S. Even though there was 4 of us sharing our apartment it was more than big enough for us all. It included a full kitchen, each of us had our own bed, and a washing machine. It was close to public transportation so going to work and into the city was quick and easy. The apartment was beautiful and in a clean and safe neighborhood. Prague has a never ending list of things to see and do. I look forward to going back. If you want a truly amazing internship experience give Panrimo a call or send them an email and see where it could take you.

Honestly the only thing I would change if I was starting this experience over again would be doing a 3 month internship instead of a 2 month internship.

Based in Birmingham, Michigan, Panrimo is an intern and study abroad provider committed to offering travel experiences that connect you to world culture. We keep our excursion groups small, our focus on the student, and the experience immersive to give program participants the best overseas