Central College Abroad - Study & Intern in London

Study with CCA in England
Study with CCA in England
Students in London
Students in London

Central College Abroad in London uses the city as a classroom, emphasizing fieldwork as well as traditional academics. You won’t want to miss a play at the Globe Theater made famous by Shakespeare or a riverboat ride down the Thames – the lifeblood of the city. Meet people of all nationalities – from the Afro-Caribbean neighborhood of Brixton to the Bengali population in the East End. Learn practical skills as an intern that you can transfer to your future career – wherever in the world it may take you.

Inkling

Best Time of My LIFE!

Although the classes I took at London Met. were less than challenging, the experience of simply living and working in London was invaluable. My internship was fantastic, and the program excursions fascinating.

Renae

Woke up in London yesterday, found myself in the city near Piccadilly...

I studied abroad in London during the spring of 2011 with Central College Abroad. This experience was truly one of the best things I have ever done and I only wish I could do it all over again. While I was there I made so many wonderful memories and friends that I will have for the rest of my life and I would encourage anyone and everyone to do it! The Central College Abroad staff did a wonderful job of placing me in a marketing internship at Demarquette Fine Chocolates, where I had the opportunity to help in marketing research, as well as event planning. I took three classes through Central, two British culture classes and a theatre class, which was by far my favorite. Each week we had the chance to attend a different show and then spent class time discussing what we had seen. Our program director, Mark, had many weekend excursions planned for us, to places like Brighton, Cambridge, and my favorite Bath. These trips were so much fun and were a great chance for all of us to bond as a group. We spent some weekends in the city of London, exploring parks, museums, and local markets. One of our assignments was actually going to a few different markets just to experience them, and it ended up being a lot of fun, one of the best assignments I’ve ever had! The other weekends we were off experiencing the rest of Europe. One weekend in Paris, the next in Spain, and spring break in Italy, by the end of the semester I had visited 8 different countries! Central College Abroad does a great job of helping students acclimate to living in London, such as how to use public transportation, safety tips, where to get the best food and entertainment, but at the same time they give you plenty of space to grow and experience Europe for yourself. I am so thankful to CCA for all of the wonderful opportunities I had while abroad. Now I am just counting down the days until I can go back!!

London2012

Life-Changing Experience

Wow! I just finished a semester in London and I can’t even describe how amazing and life-changing it was! I have learned so much about the British Culture, many other countries I got the experience to visit, and about myself as a person. I grew up by being placed in a culture that was extremely fortune, and with the help of the staff and other students, I successfully became a part of it. We were given opportunities to see musicals, watch football games (soccer), a rugby game, stay a weekend in Bath, and visit the gorgeous seaside town of Brighton along with many more things. And those were only events that we did together as a group. I traveled to so many towns within England and many other places outside of England including Sicily, Malta, Genoa, Rome, and Tunisia Africa (that we all experienced on a Mediterranean Cruise) along with Paris, Prague, Amsterdam and many more. Needless to say, I’m sad that the time has come to an end!

goetzingerr1

Great Program Overall

This program was very good because the staff was very informative, they gave us plenty of time to travel, and took us on fun trips. The only way that this program could be improved is to house the students somewhere that allows them to interact with fellow students more. Overall, I thought the program was a great experience.

London

London Program

The London Program is a great place to study abroad. It offers great opportunities for internships. The city of London is very fun and easy to navigate. The program staff is very helpful. It is very easy to travel to different areas in Europe from London

centralcollege13

Best semester

I had the best time while I was abroad and if I could I would go back in a second. The location was perfect being in between Buckingham Palace and Parliament (I know it is changing though). I couldn't have gone with a more perfect group of people.

binkleyh

A wonderful experience!

During this program, London became my real home. My typical week included Morley Chamber Choir rehearsal, internship at Little Angel Theatre for two days, ULU Fencing Club, and the two required courses. I got to utilize the rest of my time exploring the city, the country, and Europe itself. I only traveled to five countries total, but it was worth every moment. The required courses combine the teaching styles of both the UK and the US. Teachers and directors were always great at answering questions, giving travel ideas, and just being there for us. I loved the location in the city (5 minutes away from every main sight), and I did actually feel quite safe there. As a professional, I developed skills not only through my internship but also from the experience as a whole. It opened up my eyes to the greater world and a new culture. While the differences weren't always drastic, everything I learned will stay with me for the rest of my life. Simply an amazing chance of a lifetime!

Tanner

Once in a Lifetime Experience

Studying abroad in London was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The housing was in a great location just down the road from the Queen and next to all the major sites in London. Every day felt like a new experience whether it was the food, the people, or exploring a different area of London. London is so large and diverse that it is impossible to see everything in just one trip.
However, London isn't the only exciting part about studying abroad. The best part is travelling around the UK and Europe. I went to so many places that I never expected to go. The London program provided adequate amounts of time to go and explore other places, and I am so glad they did.
Ultimately, your experience is just that, YOUR experience. My experience resulted in me making life-long friends, becoming a world traveler, and having memories that will be with me forever.
My suggestion? Go to London and have a once in a lifetime experience!