Summer School 2018 at Kingston University

Summer School 2018 at Kingston University

This popular program for university-level study in Kingston-upon-Thames in the UK is open to international students from around the world who would like to study during the summer and experience British culture.

With more than 20 years' experience of running summer schools, we aim to provide you with a fun, engaging and memorable study abroad experience in an informal and friendly atmosphere.

Kingston is an ideal location for a Study Abroad student. We are only 30 minutes by train from the heart of London, one of the greatest cultural cities in the world, with its vast array of theatres, museums and historic landmarks.

At the same time, you can also enjoy the more peaceful contrast of Kingston's beautiful riverside setting, with large green spaces such as Bushy Park and Richmond Park. Kingston is also a bustling town centre, with a large variety of shops, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, a theatre and a multiplex cinema.

• Travel card for use for the month in zones 1-6; easy access to London
  • Mobile phone and/or sim card
  • Two long weekends built into the programme with options for travel + a social programme
  • University halls accommodation
  • Fieldtrip based learning experiences; a strong record for teaching quality
Europe » England » London
Visa
GBP
The cost of summer school 2018 is:
£3,170 Sterling per student for one class; or
£3,630 Sterling per student for two classes.

The fee you are charged depends on whether you are applying to Kingston via a partner institution or independently.

Show 1 - 7 of 7
Lune

Great combination of fun and ajucation

I followed the courses Exploring cultural London and London, global city of enterprise. These two courses are given by walking trough London and seeing EVERYTHING. I Loved every part of it and got a great deal of exercise. i also recommend the weekend trips to Scotland, Amsterdam and perhaps on own initiative to Cardiff (Wales). Although 5/6 weeks sounds like a long time, it is still not enough time to enjoy London. I will certainly return.

start an hour later, it was often hard to wake up in the morning after partying to hard...

Evan

Kingston University Summer Program

Looking back, I absolutely loved my time at Kingston University and in London, and I miss it more and more every day. It was a great location, provided great field trips, and was overall a fantastic time. However, there were certainly things I would change about the university arrangements specifically. The housing arrangements were really pretty bad, there was non-stop issues with our dorms and the rooms themselves (for example, my friend who was traveling with me had a room that had the heater turned on all of the time and could not be turned off and it got to the point where you couldn't even bare to be in the room, let alone sleep in it), and this was definitely my biggest complaint. Also, though the walk to class was nice some mornings, it got awfully tiring being located so far away from everything. Like I said, overall, this was a fantastic experience and I loved my time there, but there were also some things that would have made it even better!

-Improve living arrangements
-Provide a more constant shuttle to classes in the morning
-More interaction with the students--events to bring everyone together more often

Marissa

Best Summer and Experience I've Ever Had.

Studying at Kingston University has been the best decision I have made in my life thus far and I wish that I could go back in time and relive it all! The classes that I took allowed me to explore a city and a culture in a way where I could learn and sight see at the same time. My professors cared about my success in the class and made sure I understood what was being taught and seen at the same time. Additionally, I had time to explore on my own and spend time with my classmates which made the trip that much more amazing. Since I've been back home in the states, I cannot stop raving to my peers and friends about this program and will continue to recommend it!

The dorms were really the only thing I had trouble with because of broken window latches (pigeons would come into the kitchen) and my building's wifi system went down, which made it difficult to do homework or contact my family back home. However, I didn't

Joel

Awesome Experience

I had an amazing time studying abroad at Kingston University! There is so much to in London, and the travel card they give you is very convenient. The two long weekends for travel are also quite nice, allowing you the chance to see more of Europe. The social setting was fantastic, with loads of fun people to hang out with. Additionally, not only does the program provide social events, but you have time to explore on your own and go on field trips with your classmates. As a result, you start to make a lot of bonds very quickly with a wide variety of people. Overall, I my study abroad experience with Kingston was incredible, and I miss it every day.

The only things I can think of is more comfortable sheets/mattresses (although we are warned about those in advance), and an easier fix for the hot water when it sometimes would refuse to work.

Hannah

Kingston University- Best Summer of My Life

Apart from the somewhat crappy dorms, my experience at Kingston University was absolutely AMAZING. The professors I had really cared about my success in the course and about me having fun while abroad. Everything we did in class was so interesting and fun. Outside of class, Kingston University provided many opportunities to socialize with classmates, which was very helpful throughout my entire time there. I would not trade my experience in for the world. 10/10 would recommend for anyone interested in studying in London! I would go back in a heartbeat. (Actually crying while writing this because I miss it so much)

The only thing I can think of that needs improvement is the dorms. But dorms aren't the best no matter where you go. Even my university in the states had crappy dorms. This just makes you want to get out of your room!

Timothy

Kingston outstanding

I have been bringing students to KU for years, and each year the staff, resources, academics, and events have been increasing in ability and scope. Affable and generous, the staff strives to accommodate faculty and students needs and requirements. I can't say enough good things about the staff. As for resources, while there were tech issues with internet capabilities and print accessibility, it is far superior than the past. Additionally, KU has been flexible with providing or accommodating various tech such as phones, computer access, and internet based communications and electronic submission of student work. The housing is fine, resources for meals and communal spaces are very limited, but students and faculty visitors do have privacy and basic necessities provided. The KU faculty are generally well skilled teachers and offer courses and overviews on subjects with a fair amount of substance in the short time span available. They also acknowledge there's a balance in the summer programs between academic rigor and cultural experience of study abroad - I gave a 7 on this, because i personally don't know how best to balance the travel experience and rigors of study and would give myself the same score.

- investment in communal spaces w/in dorms/suites.
- investment in a few more cooking supplies
- internet server reliability
- print access more readily available.
- Television or recommendations of Brit shows w/ cultural relevance, many of us are Yanks w/ a TV enculturation/consumer background.
- maintain current level of KU quality staffing and staff/faculty support, This past year seemed better balanced w/out stressing and overworking KU staff and able to properly accommodate all the issues and students.
- stop making burgers at bbq/dinner event, yanks know burgers and these are always over cooked and not great meat, serve what Brits do best.

Rachel

Great University- beautiful location

I am a non-traditional student who attended the 2017 Summer Study Abroad program at Kingston University. I traveled with an affiliated program, but would recommend you register directly with Kingston. The classes were unique and I grew a great bond with the staff during the month I was there. They do a great job of giving you an overall experience of being in UK and the classes are designed to be challenging but not too much to handle. Highly recommend this if you are considering going to London for your study abroad trip.

Why Kingston University London? Based in an attractive riverside town in south-west London, Kingston University is close to the buzz of the capital while offering a peaceful atmosphere for your studies. Kingston University has more than 30 years in...