CAPA London: Global Business Institute

guy with large piece of paper
guy with large piece of paper

Where better to positively impact your future career than in a country that has been ranked best in the world for business (2018)? London is an absolute powerhouse of a world-class city in this arena, bringing innovation and diversity to the table. It’s a city that thinks big, encourages collaboration and is the headquarters for many international companies.

CAPA’s Global Business Institute is a certificate program in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh’s College of Business Administration. The program examines the impact of globalization on business practices. Through a combination of business courses and an optional internship placement, you’ll gain and strengthen professional skills, learn how to effectively articulate these to grad schools and hiring managers, build a network of contacts abroad, and return home with 12-15 credits and a Certificate of Study in Global Business.

Phuong

Amazing experience!

I studied and interned abroad through CAPA London in Fall 2018 and it was absolutely a dream. The Staff at CAPA were all very supportive and hosted many events throughout the semester. There were always things to do in London and CAPA provided Oyster cards that had unlimited transfers for the tube/bus so it was easy to navigate the city. They also offered day trips throughout London and other parts of the UK.

The classes I took were relevant to my major and I received credits for all of them. Most classes had field trips so it was nice to learn outside of the classrooms. In my Finance class, we visited the Bank of England and for my Marketing class, we went to the Museum of Brands. The internship component was one of the main reasons why I chose CAPA. My internship placement was perfect and I developed critical skills that are transferrable for future careers. I experienced a lot of personal and professional growth during my time in London.

There were times when I felt overwhelmed by classes and required internship hours. Although I enjoyed my internship, I wish it was 15 hours instead of 20 hours so there was more free time during the weekdays.
Devin

Interning Abroad!

CAPA gave me the opportunity to intern abroad in a field of my choice. They did all of the work for me in terms of finding me a company to work with and finding a supervisor for me to work under. All I had to do was tell them my preference for field work (which I put HR - human resources) and they took care of the rest for me. CAPA was awesome because they provided support to me throughout the whole way. They paid for all of my transportation which was a huge lifesaver.
The company I worked for was IHG, Intercontinental Hotel Group, and my team and supervisor were all amazing in helping me to assimilate to the life of London and the life of working in London. Being able to gain work experience in a different country was absolutely amazing and it was a phenomenal opportunity. I was able to work in a team of 6 and gained a ton of experience in the field of Human Resources. My workplace was extremely diverse which was really cool to experience, especially coming from a predominantly white community. The friendships, experience, and everything I had the opportunity to be a part of was amazing and if I could do it all again I would. Thank you to CAPA for providing me with the opportunity!

This program was absolutely amazing and I have no criticisms

About CAPA: The Global Education Network

Studying abroad with CAPA means learning in the classroom, then supporting that structured academic foundation by going beyond and experiencing the diverse global city firsthand. You’ll do this through field studies and cultural events as well as on...