CAPA London: Global Business Institute

guy with large piece of paper
guy with large piece of paper

Where better to positively impact your future career than in a country that has been ranked best in the world for business (2018)? London is an absolute powerhouse of a world-class city in this arena, bringing innovation and diversity to the table. It’s a city that thinks big, encourages collaboration and is the headquarters for many international companies.

CAPA’s Global Business Institute is a certificate program in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh’s College of Business Administration. The program examines the impact of globalization on business practices. Through a combination of business courses and an optional internship placement, you’ll gain and strengthen professional skills, learn how to effectively articulate these to grad schools and hiring managers, build a network of contacts abroad, and return home with 12-15 credits and a Certificate of Study in Global Business.

Apply by December 15 and receive $300 off any Summer or Fall 2020 program!

CAPA Scholarships
CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, we award $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants and affiliate benefits!

$500 - $5,000

Sarah

A Once in a Lifetime Experience

My time abroad studying with CAPA in London was an amazing experience that I will never forget. From the academics that gave an amazing global perspective, my internship that helped me realize more of my strengths within my field, and the CAPA sponsored events throughout the program I had an amazing time that really helped me grow.

From even before you get there CAPA staff helps you throughout the whole process and makes it a lot easier to have all paperwork in and deadlines met. When it came to getting placed in my internship, the CAPA internship team was very thorough in their questioning and interviews to make sure that they could give me the best fit for my interests.

My internship was a huge part of why I loved the CAPA program so much. In my internship I was able to gain valuable market research skills that I would never be able to gain from just the classroom. It was an amazing opportunity to work in an international office to get used to being in a professional environment with an additional perk of learning how to work abroad and with different cultures. The classes that I took complimented my amazing experience by offering programs that took me all around the beautiful city of London and gave me a more in-depth look to their history and the diverse people that live there.

The CAPA sponsored events were also really fun because they took you to different areas in England along with giving you opportunities to take different types of tours and enjoying different types of food all around London.

My advice to future travelers on this program is to enjoy every moment of it and to take advantage of all of the CAPA sponsored events!
Phuong

Amazing experience!

I studied and interned abroad through CAPA London in Fall 2018 and it was absolutely a dream. The Staff at CAPA were all very supportive and hosted many events throughout the semester. There were always things to do in London and CAPA provided Oyster cards that had unlimited transfers for the tube/bus so it was easy to navigate the city. They also offered day trips throughout London and other parts of the UK.

The classes I took were relevant to my major and I received credits for all of them. Most classes had field trips so it was nice to learn outside of the classrooms. In my Finance class, we visited the Bank of England and for my Marketing class, we went to the Museum of Brands. The internship component was one of the main reasons why I chose CAPA. My internship placement was perfect and I developed critical skills that are transferrable for future careers. I experienced a lot of personal and professional growth during my time in London.

There were times when I felt overwhelmed by classes and required internship hours. Although I enjoyed my internship, I wish it was 15 hours instead of 20 hours so there was more free time during the weekdays.
Devin

Interning Abroad!

CAPA gave me the opportunity to intern abroad in a field of my choice. They did all of the work for me in terms of finding me a company to work with and finding a supervisor for me to work under. All I had to do was tell them my preference for field work (which I put HR - human resources) and they took care of the rest for me. CAPA was awesome because they provided support to me throughout the whole way. They paid for all of my transportation which was a huge lifesaver.
The company I worked for was IHG, Intercontinental Hotel Group, and my team and supervisor were all amazing in helping me to assimilate to the life of London and the life of working in London. Being able to gain work experience in a different country was absolutely amazing and it was a phenomenal opportunity. I was able to work in a team of 6 and gained a ton of experience in the field of Human Resources. My workplace was extremely diverse which was really cool to experience, especially coming from a predominantly white community. The friendships, experience, and everything I had the opportunity to be a part of was amazing and if I could do it all again I would. Thank you to CAPA for providing me with the opportunity!

This program was absolutely amazing and I have no criticisms