Arcadia University- City University London

City University

City University London is known as the university for business and the professions, with the AACSB accredited Cass Business School. City also offers a broad selection of course options including media studies and criminology, psychology, economics, international politics, STEM, mathematics, engineering, sociology, and computer science. Located in the up-market and trendy district of Islington, the heart of London is just footsteps away.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: a Harry Potter Studio Tour, Tower of London, or London Street Art Tour.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Natalie

Living and Learning in London

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Arcadia in London. The staff was very friendly and wanted the best for their students. The orientation seemed long and unnecessary because we then got the exact same information from City University where we actually studied but it was mandatory so we had to go. I also had a negative experience with the Academic Center when I asked for help and they told me they couldn’t help me because I wasn’t directly enrolled in their classes. On the bright side, the excursions that they planned were fun and it took all of the planning away because they take care of everything. My time in London went so fast that by the end, I wished the program was longer than 3 months!

Kelsey

Semester in London

The most difficult part of adjusting to life in London was the weather and learning to look specific ways before crossing the street. Overall, London is full of many activities and you will find yourself visiting all different towns and boroughs since the public transport system is so prevalent in the city. Make sure you visit the weekend markets in Camden and Shoreditch and get cheap food, desserts, and produce. Lastly, don't be afraid to try different types of food- now is your chance! London has a huge variety of Indian food, kebabs, and other dishes that you won't be able to taste anywhere else.

If I had to change one thing, it would be to add an extra week to the semester so students qualify for a discounted Oyster card.