Study Abroad in the UK at Queen Mary University of London

Study Abroad in the UK at Queen Mary University of London

Queen Mary University of London is one of the UK’s leading research focused higher education institutions and one of the largest Colleges of the University of London. Study Abroad students at Queen Mary live and study on our fully integrated campus located at Mile End, part of London’s historic East End district and close to the London 2012 Olympic Park.

Queen Mary's programme offers you a fully integrated academic experience in this most exciting of world cities. You can choose between a full academic year or an Autumn (Fall) or Spring semester. All subject areas are open to Study Abroad students and you can choose to concentrate in one area or select modules from up to four different departments.

Students are offered on-campus accommodation. You will typically be housed in a modern, self-catered, single study bedroom with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. You will be fully integrated, both in housing and in classes, with students from the UK & many other countries.

Europe » England » London

Francesca
New York, New York
Queen Mary- University of London

My Time at Queen Mary

My time abroad has been both challenging and extremely rewarding. I was thrust into the life of a study abroad student when I realized that the academics here were harder than at home.

My dorms that I am staying in are comfortable, and I have met some friends that I know I will have for a lifetime.

It does not come without its struggles though. At first, it was really easy for me because I was occupied with lots of school and fun with my friends but then as school started to get more difficult I realized that I was a little in over my head. I find myself missing home a lot, and although the staff of my study abroad program are very helpful, there is no one that I can really talk to apart from my friends.

However, in traveling, I have realized that there is so much more to the world than just what's in my hometown. It makes me want to do more years abroad and to explore other cultures as well. I think my experience is also unique because I am going to school rather than volunteering or working. I enjoy the school life because learning is so different in every country as well.

I would ultimately, highly recommend studying abroad for anyone.

I would have more communication between the two schools.

Joy
Brandeis University

London is a magical place.

My year in London will be something that I always remember. I experienced new things. I got the opportunity to travel around Europe. I made some amazing friends.

I'm generally someone who is very sheltered. I don't like to go too far outside my comfort zone. If you had told me two years ago that I was going to go abroad and then travel around Europe by myself, I probably would have thought you were crazy. Yet here I am and I did.

London is a magical place. It is modern and full of history. There is a place for everyone. Each part of the city has its own unique vibe and character.

My favorite thing about London was that it was so green. There were parks everywhere. And I could just go to one and escape the city life for a bit and smell the flowers.

The UK education system is a bit different so as a student, I spent less time in class than I would in the US. Each class met only for two hours a week so that gave me a lot of free time to explore the city. During my second semester, me and my friend didn't have classes on Mondays or Fridays so we would go out to brunch.

Honestly, I cannot even explain how amazing my year was. London is such a wonderful city. There was so much to do and I never felt bored or tired. I felt like I was home.

Honestly I really did love this program. The study abroad office at Queen Mary could probably be a bit more helpful on a number of fronts but they aren't very big and they do there best.

Queen Mary is one of the largest colleges of the world renowned University of London. There are over 20,000 students, about 35 per cent of whom are from overseas contributing to a truly cosmopolitan environment that is extremely welcoming to students from all over the