Study Abroad in England at St. Clare's, Oxford

Study Abroad in England at St. Clare's, Oxford

An exceptional study abroad experience guaranteed to expand your intellectual and cultural horizons. Join our international community of students and staff drawn from over 20 countries. Your individual needs and ambitions are our priority. Gain transferable credits across a wide range of disciples with a customized program of study to your academic requirements. Expect personalized academic support and the very best teaching delivered through small seminar classes, 1-to-1 tutorials and exceptional study visits. Also offering a program for undergraduate education/trainee teachers combining theory and practice (with school placement). Choice of housing options, all within easy reach of the College. A broad and varied extra-curricular program of activities and excursions to explore Oxford and the U.K. with our genuinely multinational community of students. Within easy access to London and its airports, we are the perfect base for independent travel.

Direct Enrollment
Short Term
Travel Insurance
Application Fee

Rigorous and Exciting

I was a Liberal Arts student at St. Clare's and was sponsored by them as a Blackfriars Scholar at Oxford University. The living arrangements were great, the lecture courses were engaging and involved field trips, and the weekend and evening trips were a lot of fun. Blackfriars is a demanding program, but it helps students expand their critical thinking, time management, and writing abilities. I highly recommend this program!

American getting full European Experience

Being an American and only having the opportunity to go abroad for a semester, it was difficult for me to choose only one county to study in, because I wanted to experience as many cultures as possible. St. Clare's puts students in contact with such a diversity of students that they feel that they went abroad to more than one country. During the fall break, I was fortunate to be invited to go home with one of the Dutch students, so I was able to receive an authentic Dutch experience as well.

The Experience of a Lifetime

Not only is the charming "City of Dreaming Spires" an incredibly unique place to study abroad, but St. Clare's provides students with an opportunity to experience the great diversity of Oxonian, English, British and European life. With a wide variety of inspiring coursework and regular trips to locations around the United Kingdom, St. Clare's provides visiting students with a welcoming, educational community that supports their personal growth in every possible way!

While also participating as a visiting student of nearby Blackfriars Hall, I was able to experience nearly every aspect of the life of a typical Oxford student. The incredible care and support I received from the staff at St. Clare's and my host family alike made my experience truly unforgettable.

The only complaint I can think of is that I felt I lost some of the regular networking support I had received at my home university during my time at St. Clare's. While the coursework I learned was very relevant to my field and the professors offered wonderful professional advice, it would have been nice to have still received some post-graduate support during my semester abroad. Perhaps hosting some kind of networking event for those looking to stay either in England or Oxford specifically, where students could connect with representatives from other institutions/companies!

St. Clare's is amazing!!!

I could not have asked for a better program for study abroad! St. Clare's always had trips panned on the weekend that allowed the students to see a ton of England. St. Clare's also gives you 3 weeks off to travel through Europe! A employee at the school actually helped my friend and I plan out our trip. From England to Europe I saw so much more of the world then I would have seen at another school.

A lot of the trips were pre-planned and they were willing to plan new trips if you asked but it would be cool to have a survey or something before the semester or at the beginning to recommend places to go.

About St. Clares, Oxford

St Clare’s was founded to advance international education and understanding. We have run academic and English language programs for U.S. undergraduates, gap and foundation year students and English language learners for over 40 years.

Students come...