View Other Details
Study abroad in Arles and discover this charming Provençal town. With a 2,000-year-old Roman arena at its center, Arles is famous for its beautiful architecture and its association with Van Gogh, Gauguin, Cézanne, and Picasso.
Many dance, music, photography, theater, and folklore festivals take place in and around the city throughout the summer, making it an ideal location for summer study in France.
Ready to immerse yourself in the French language and Provençal culture? Study abroad in Arles it is.
- Gain invaluable cultural and linguistic insight living with a host family in a homestay
- Explore France on IES Abroad field trips. Past destinations have included Avignon, le Pont du Gard, and les Saintes-Mariesde-la-Mer
- Advance French language learning with a French Language course and language intensive lunches
- Enroll in Photography, Sociology, or Theatre Arts to complement French language learning
- Get to know Arles through extracurricular activities and cultural events
This program gives you a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in French language study, the culture of the Midi region of France, and French-taught interdisciplinary courses. Language-intensive lunches, conducted three days a week, allow you to practice your French with IES Abroad staff and professors while sampling the local cuisine. Fridays are reserved for field study activities and excursions organized by IES Abroad.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $6 million in scholarships and aid. IES Abroad offers a number of diversity scholarships and grants to provide opportunities for traditionally underrepresented communities in study abroad.