Practice Your French Language Skills at NYU Paris
View Other Details
International Health Insurance
Perfect your French language skills in Paris, the "City of Light," a diverse metropolis that offers a mix of history and modernity. At NYU Paris, you’ll complement your French language study with courses in French history, politics, society, and culture. Beginning French language learners take courses in both French and English. Students with French language experience take all of their courses in French. Classes include Writing Paris and France and the European Union: Europe in Crisis. Students can take courses in art history, cinema studies, French and comparative literature and linguistics, history, sociology, politics, studio art, and more. Access our application on the NYU Global Programs website and secure your spot for an amazing semester abroad. Opportunities vary based on local restrictions. Visit the NYU Paris website for the most up-to-date information.
Video and Photos
- Benefit from NYU’s rigorous academic offerings, with a special focus on art history, French language and culture, media in Paris, music and performing arts, and philosophy.
- NYU’s academic center is located in the Latin Quarter, a vibrant neighborhood known for its rich culture, relaxed atmosphere, and intellectual history.
- NYU staff plan trips to places like the Domaine de Chantilly, Giverny, the palace at Versailles, Marseille, the Loire Valley, and Mont-Saint-Michel. Class trips visit the Louvre, the Musée Picasso and attend the Paris opera, ballet, and theatre.
- For-credit internships are available in fields such as the arts, fashion, journalism, marketing and PR, technology, tourism and hospitality, translation. There are also volunteer opportunities with local organizations.
- Students have the opportunity to take courses at French universities like University of Paris, the Paris Institute of Political Studies, and Dauphine University.