Production Technology Meets Industry 4.0 Summer School

The Summer School provides students with an overview of RWTH Aachen’s research concerning Industry 4.0. Headed by the Cluster of Excellence “Internet of Production” of RWTH, actual research topics ranging from automation to information technology, materials science, production technology, smart decision support as well as smart factory are explored, enabling students to acquire a better understanding of the potentials and risks of Industry 4.0. Practical examples are presented in case studies and use cases from different fields of production technology.

The Summer School is headed by the Cluster of Excellence “Internet of Production” and supported by numerous institutes, including the WZL, IGMR, VR Group, Cybernetics Lab, IAW, DAP/Fraunhofer ILT, IKV, IBF, ITA and IEHK, making this our most interdisciplinary program.

Deniz Can

RWTH Aachen University Summer School

Attending one of the most prestigious university summer school allowed me to learn a lot of things about Industry 4.0 and i expanded my horizon through World’s greatest academicians.
Also,i experienced German culture such as foods,arts and historical places.
In conclusion,if you are interested in Industry 4.0 and want to experience the best technical German University,you should attend this summer school.

Samhita

RWTH Summer School experience

Living and studying at RWTH International Academy Aachen was one of the best experiences I've had.
Learning with a group of international people definitely gave me a better perspective on understanding things.
The program was designed well with a lot of practical knowledge which was given in parallel to the classes.

Their field of research and expertise is remarkable with hands-on experience on upcoming technologies and manufacturing processes.
I would definitely recommend this summer school program and i would love to go back to Aachen someday.

It would be great if the program offered industry visits to few manufacturing companies.
Sancho

Good experience, social and educational

It was a cool experience, we got to visit a lot of institutes. We were able to interact with students enrolled at RWTH directly, and the professors were really nice, I was even able to make small talk with Prof. Dr.-Ing. Fritz Klocke when I met him on campus after his class.
Courses were packed so it was a bit hard to understand all in such a short time, but we managed with the help of each other, our buddies and the staff.
Other than the classes, what I like best was the cooking day at our buddies house, my friend and I enjoyed it so much we invited our buddies to come over for another cooking day at the boarding house.
All in all a nice experience to all who want to experience Aachen and learn from a great school.

Some activities, such as the scavenger hunt, could have been made better if the staff updated the info. For example the "cat" was under maintenance, yet we were asked how many water jets there was or like there was no horse decorations but we were asked to count how many horses there were.