COVID-19 Program Updates
Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, USAC has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.
In Luneburg, a beautiful, historical city dating back more than a thousand years, USAC students study intensive elementary, intermediate, and advanced German language. The USAC program is located at the Leuphana University Luneburg (formerly University of Luneburg), where you can participate in university activities and clubs and become acquainted with local students.
You can also take elective courses, taught in English or German, in subjects such as political science, anthropology, economics, and speech communication, and qualified students can apply for a work-study grant or for an internship at a local business. Field trips to regional sites of interest, for example to Hamburg, Schwerin, and Lubeck, are included in the program, giving you opportunities to learn more about the country, the history of the area, and the German people.
- Live in a vibrant university town and a beautiful medieval setting just 30 minutes away from Hamburg
- Join in a wide range of extracurricular activities on and off campus and take advantage of the study and bus pass which is included in the program fee
- Feel at home with the help of local students and language partners
- Enjoy field trips and the tour of Berlin, where you can explore its history and exciting and diverse cultural life
- Renewable Resources students (graduate and undergraduate) interested in study abroad should consider direct enrollment courses at Leuphana through USAC
Summer Virtual Internships & Online Classes are Here!
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.