Automotive & Mobility Studies Summer School

The Summer School is all about modern automotive technologies. It covers the fundamentals of automotive engineering and mobile propulsion and explores modern automotive technologies, such as alternative and electrified vehicle propulsion systems and automated driving. The topic automated driving features a case study and different types of power engines can be experienced in a kart event.

The Institute for Automotive Engineering (ika) and the Institute for Combustion Engines (VKA) conduct the academic content. Research areas include innovative concepts for components and systems, vehicle prototypes, the development of innovative components, controls and system concepts in traction and automotive technologies, and combustion engines.

Sruthi

An enjoyable learning episode.

I would really appreciate the way in which the program was structured.We had equal time allocated for lectures,industry visits and not to forget, the fun activities:).The lectures were
very informative and showcased true German Engineering.Though, there was lot to consume within a short time, the professors were always ready to help us out which made it easier.I had
an awesome opportunity to connect with people from different regions and it was indeed a
great experience learning together.

The lecturers are top class and I would encourage students to make the most out of them. The food, accommodation and the shuttle to the industries were very well planned and executed. The buddies were of immense help to us in getting familiar with the city and it was lovely to have spent quality time with them in knowing more about German culture and Aachen.Do not
worry about the final exam .You can ace it if you are able to get the concepts clear (will be easy..:))

Some of my notable memories would include, trying my hands on an electric kart for the first time (...I floundered badly..;) ) and test drive in BMWi8 ( one of my favorites..),the BBQ we had with one of the prof and buddy cooking:)...Overall, it was an enriching experience .RWTH is an inspiring place and every day I spent at the International Academy was truly amazing and valuable.

The Wi-Fi facilities at our rooms were very poor and the management team was not reachable at times when I faced certain minor issues while vacating the room. Those are the few areas where there could be some improvement.Nonetheless, the program is great and I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Jonathan

A perfect balance of knowledge and fun

Everyday was a happening day. Our accommodation, food and local bus travel was all well planned by them. If you don't know, RWTH kinda owns the city. Everywhere you turn there is a RWTH block. Our buddies were the best , even during their exams they took time to make us feel right at home. We had company visits,treasure hunts, mountain cycling ,BBQ and above all a really challenging final exam. My advise to you , Make use of the Professors teaching you , They're really cool and passionate.

When i was part of this program ,it was for barely 3 weeks. I felt they could've had more classes and taught more of German engineering. But now i think they've restructured the programme longer so as to teach you more. So yeah go ahead.