Automotive and Mobility Studies Summer School

Automotive and Mobility Studies Summer School

In this summer school, students receive an introduction to modern automotive technologies, concepts of mobility, and their grid integration within traffic and city planning.

The program offers an overview of alternatives to combustion engines, with a look at concepts of future vehicle power trains, including structures of alternative power trains. It also covers alternative fuels, such as alcohol, natural gas and hydrogen, as well as their properties and production. Other topics include fuel cells, electric drives, energy carriers and storage and torque and energy converters.

The RWTH International Academy works closely together with the the Institute for Automotive Engineering, the ISB, the Institute of Urban Engineering and Urban Transport, and the ISEA, the Institute for Power Electronics and Electrical Drives to offer a perfect mix of technical study and cultural experience.

Europe » Germany
Age Requirement
Language Requirement
EUR
Duration:
4 weeks (11 June to 06 July 2018)

Course fees:
EUR 3,600 (including tuition fees, accommodation, half board, social activities and excursions)

Apply before March 1, 2018 and receive an "Early Bird" discount of 10%!
Aachen

Sruthi
Chennai, India

An enjoyable learning episode.

I would really appreciate the way in which the program was structured.We had equal time allocated for lectures,industry visits and not to forget, the fun activities:).The lectures were
very informative and showcased true German Engineering.Though, there was lot to consume within a short time, the professors were always ready to help us out which made it easier.I had
an awesome opportunity to connect with people from different regions and it was indeed a
great experience learning together.

The lecturers are top class and I would encourage students to make the most out of them. The food, accommodation and the shuttle to the industries were very well planned and executed. The buddies were of immense help to us in getting familiar with the city and it was lovely to have spent quality time with them in knowing more about German culture and Aachen.Do not
worry about the final exam .You can ace it if you are able to get the concepts clear (will be easy..:))

Some of my notable memories would include, trying my hands on an electric kart for the first time (...I floundered badly..;) ) and test drive in BMWi8 ( one of my favorites..),the BBQ we had with one of the prof and buddy cooking:)...Overall, it was an enriching experience .RWTH is an inspiring place and every day I spent at the International Academy was truly amazing and valuable.

The Wi-Fi facilities at our rooms were very poor and the management team was not reachable at times when I faced certain minor issues while vacating the room. Those are the few areas where there could be some improvement.Nonetheless, the program is great and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Jonathan
Chennai

A perfect balance of knowledge and fun

Everyday was a happening day. Our accommodation, food and local bus travel was all well planned by them. If you don't know, RWTH kinda owns the city. Everywhere you turn there is a RWTH block. Our buddies were the best , even during their exams they took time to make us feel right at home. We had company visits,treasure hunts, mountain cycling ,BBQ and above all a really challenging final exam. My advise to you , Make use of the Professors teaching you , They're really cool and passionate.

When i was part of this program ,it was for barely 3 weeks. I felt they could've had more classes and taught more of German engineering. But now i think they've restructured the programme longer so as to teach you more. So yeah go ahead.

As the central, executive education institute of RWTH Aachen University, RWTH Aachen International Academy is able to call upon the expertise of the university’s research institutes. Each of our executive education programs is developed in conjunction with RWTH Aachen Institute. The institute nominates a scientific