AIFS Study Abroad in Athens: January Term

Earn 3 semester credits during a 3-week January term studying abroad in Athens, Greece at DEREE - The American College of Greece. Choose a course from Topography and Monuments of Ancient Athens, Modern Greece: A Troubled History or International Business.

Live in a beautiful residence complex just a short walk from campus, with a meal plan and internet included. Enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to historical and archaeological sites, Greek dancing and cooking classes, and a day trip to Delphi and the Sanctuary of Apollo.

Celebrated as the ancient seat of classical thought, Greece’s cosmopolitan capital has always been visually stunning, but visitors are often surprised to find a sophisticated and modern city with an efficient transport system, a young population, vibrant street life and a relaxed lifestyle. Athenians, and Greeks in general, are known for their filoxenia, graciousness and hospitality; they will welcome you with a smile!

Kate

Why You NEED To Study Abroad in Greece

I absolutely loved my experience with AIFS Study Abroad: January Term in Athens, Greece. The staff is very supportive and responds to emails and calls almost always within a day. The website is very easy to handle and the forms I needed were easy to get. My class professor was awesome! He kept our class schedule on track for our three week program and was very well informed on the subject he taught. As our classroom was predominantly outside, he stayed aware of the weather and made adjusted plans according to that. The city of Athens is absolutely beautiful, even in the heart of winter weather. The population of the city is also very friendly and willing to help lost travelers. Words cannot describe my awesome experience in Greece.

Better roommate survey connections. I was not matched well with my roommates.
Andrew

Greece land of Ouza

The three weeks we spent in Greece were amazing. We got to spend tons of time exploring the Greek capital on our own while dining, shopping, and drinking. The classes were very well taught and engaging. The campus had an amazing location with a great view that made the walk to class every morning worth it. Lastly the staff on campus and in the dorms were beyond helpful and fully introduced us to the Greek culture. Overall one of the best experiences of my life.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....