Global Experiences Internships in Florence, Italy

The Duomo
The Duomo
Great Friends !
Great Friends !

Florence is an incredible city full of history and fantastic internship opportunities. In Florence, there are international internships in nearly every career field. Some of the most popular internships include event planning, journalism, marketing, business administration, and fashion.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your approved career field and Italian culture. You will develop language skills and gain professional experiences all while enjoying everything Tuscany has to offer. We do our best to tailor an internship that matches your background and future goals. We are dedicated to making your international internship in Florence an unforgettable experience.

This is the perfect internship program for students and young professionals from the U.S. or Canada. Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Florence with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Florence year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

We do offer internships in architecture but for specific fields such as architecture heritage and restoration, you can state these as your interests in both your application Program Goals and your Admissions Interview with your Admissions Counselor. However, it's not something we could guarantee as it depends on employer opportunities at the time. Hope this helps!
Hi Mandie! There are plenty of Advertising and Marketing internships available in Florence. I myself did a marketing internship abroad there for a Tuscan wine touring company, and my roommate did her Advertising internship with a student travel company. My placement was very English friendly and was a great opportunity to learn Italian as well. Your options (and English friendly placement...
Hi Danielle! Many of our GE interns and alumni have graduated college before going on their internships abroad. In Florence, Italy and many of our other global cities, you can be visa eligible to intern abroad without needing to be a current student. - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing Coordinator
Hi Grace! Airfare is not included in your program tuition. Janissa had great advice to book early and look for the cheapest and shortest flight. We have a partnership with STA Travel, who can offer student discounts and deposit options. You will have an advisor specific to your location as well to help prepare you for the program who can discuss flights with you. Hope that this helps! - Lydia T. |...

Jillian

An Incredible Experience in Florence

I had an incredible experience working abroad in Florence, it has been one of the best experiences of my life thus far. Global Experience was an incredible company with helpful staff who set me up with an internship that suited my needs and future career goals. The company even sets up cultural events during your time in Florence for you to attend. The events are catered to learning more about Florentine culture and taking your experience beyond the local tourist spots. From the marble paper making to the Siena wine tour in the Tuscan countryside, GE did a fantastic job coordinating and creating the wonderful events. It was a great way to get to know your fellow interns and learn something new about Italian and Florentine culture.

Additionally, before the program began, I decided to pursue my own housing outside of GE. Even though this was my choice and out of their hands, the GE staff assisted me with recommendations on neighborhoods to live in. This went completely beyond their job scope to help a fellow intern find a safe living space and neighborhood. This assistance showed their dedication to their interns and the want to make their experience the best possible while abroad.

I would highly recommend this experience to anyone looking to work abroad! I had the absolute time of my life!

Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. Each experience you encounter is special and will further develop you as a person while being abroad. So when an opportunity presents itself, absolutely just go for it! You won't regret it.
Stanley

Life Changing Experience

While interning and living in Florence for 2 months I can honestly say this is one of the most unforgettable times of my life. I interned for a marketing company that was perfect for me because I was surrounded by such nice, helpful and welcoming co-workers. I thoroughly enjoyed my internship and I've gained much knowledge in the field of marketing, which was my goal. As for my experience in Florence, Italy as a whole, I've had a very fruitful experience because Florence is so beautiful and has an incredible history. Global Experiences put together some really fun events for our group that brought us closer together and formed friendships. Global Experiences made the process of working and living in Florence, Italy so easy and comfortable, which was instrumental in my experience. By placing us in apartments that are close to grocery stores, tourist areas and nice restaurants. Also, by making sure that we're safe and enjoying ourselves with trips that are interesting. This life-changing experience has helped me become a person and I'm very thankful to Global Experiences for all their help in this process.

Be open to exploring your host city as while as other places within Europe because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You'll get the most out of your time here by being willing to get out of your comfort zone and replace nervousness or fearfulness with adventures that you'll remember forever.
Claire

Amazing experience

This experience was absolutely amazing! I would have to say the most unique part about this program is actually being able to experience an internship overseas. It was so neat to be apart of another culture and to see how they do certain things. Just trying all the different types of foods and finding where the best places were to eat, drink, or even shop was such an experience. Not only was that unique but our location coordinator Anna put together one of my favorite trips a wine tasting tour. Where we got to go and see a city called Siena and the vineyards in Chianti. Overall, this experience has helped me grow as a person and in the work force. I would not have wanted my overseas internship experience to go any other way. Thank you Global Experience for providing me with the best summer. I will always remember this time in my life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve racking moment I had in Florence was probably the grocery stores. I barely knew the language, so trying to grocery shop for me was a bit challenging. How I overcame this was learn the foods I wanted in Italian.
Deja

Interning in Florence!

While interning in Florence, I learned a lot about how to communicate with others, and how working environments change across countries. The Global Experiences programs did a great job in helping me find the perfect internship for my career goals. GE gave me the opportunity to see what working in the Tourism Industry would be like, by not throwing me into the deep in, but allowing to work with a smaller company, so I could see if this was a career choice I was interested in working in the long term of things. Also, GE aligned my skill sets to the company I was working with, and it was perfect, because it allowed me to strengthen those skills I was weak in and amplify the skills that I was already secured in with a international outlook on them.

My Top Advice:

1) Bring Good Walking SHOES, you will need them! Ladies you can leave the heels at home
2) Budget. Really plan out how much money you're going to spend on food, shopping, traveling, and anything else you can think of, and try to stick to it. I know it's going to be hard, but in the end it will help you IMMENSELY!
3) Don't be afraid to get to know the other interns, they are the only people are in the exact same situation as you.
4) Don't be afraid of doing things alone; you can't do everything with everybody all the time, sometime you need to experience things by yourself to really take in the global experience you are having
Andrew

Great Experience

I was very happy with my summer experience in Florence. On the end of Global Experiences, they made the entire process very easy and ensured that everything went smoothly. Anna was very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and satisfied with our experience throughout our time here. My internship placement was great, and my supervisors and coworkers at Appstyx were great to work with and allowed me to learn and grow throughout my time here. I also was pleased with the living situation and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the move-in process. Global Experiences takes care of pretty much all of the groundwork and makes it very easy to pretty much show up and move in with no other concerns. I was very satisfied with my experience in general.

David

Incredible Experience!

Global Experiences gave me an internship at an expanding coworking company with a branch in Florence. As an economics major, I was doing cashflow spreadsheets for their expansion. I learned a lot of really useful skills that I can apply to my education and in daily life. Global Experiences also put together a lot of really cool trips for our group. This included biking around Lucca, going a sunset boat ride in Florence, wine tasting in Tuscany, doing yoga by the Arno river and more! My location coordinator was amazing. She was super helpful and accommodating. I got an amazing internship experience that I will be able to put on my resume and I get credits for school. I had such an incredible experience in Italy this summer and I will never forget it. I highly recommend Global Experiences for studying abroad.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I had never traveled very far on my own before, and I had never gone to another country on my own before this trip. I was very nervous about getting to Italy by myself, especially going through large international airports. Although my travels went very smooth and I didn't have any problems. Once I got to Florence I wasn't sure if I had been dropped off in the right location, I called my location coordinator and she came over to my apartment right away to help me move in.
Barrett

A Great Summer

The past two months have flown by! I interned at a golf club helping with social media and marketing. This opportunity gave me valuable experience that will help me in my future career.
When applying, I said I wanted to work in sports, and Global Experiences made it happen. Before arriving, and while in Florence, the staff was very helpful and was there to help with any questions or problems I had. We did several group trips in the city and in areas around Florence that I would not have gotten to do without GE. Yoga by the river, a sunset barchetto, and a wine tour in Tuscany were some of the events we did this summer.
I will always remember this summer because of the people I was with and the experiences I got interning in Florence. Thank you GE!

Make sure you travel! You are in a great location for both Italy and Europe, so make sure you plan ahead and travel to other places.
Sadie

The experience of a lifetime!

Living in Florence for an entire summer is an experience I will never forget! As a fashion intern in Italy, I feel that I experienced things that I wouldn’t have in the states and it will stand out on my resume to potential employers! The staff at Global Experiences was always there to help with problems, give recommendations, or even just talk if i needed it! I made countless connections with people both personally and professionally and loved bonding with my coworkers and roommates. All of the social events with the program were so fun and we did things I wouldn’t have had the chance to do otherwise, like taking a barchetto ride at sunset and a luxurious wine tasting in Chianti! I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants a unique and unforgettable experience abroad!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment was when I stepped off the plane and realized that I was on my own in a foreign country. I overcame this very quickly though and adjusted to the culture and environment!
Francesca

An unforgettable experience!

My time in Florence was amazing. I interned for a travel and tour company and got to write blogs for their website and manage their social media. My internship helped strengthen a lot of my skills and gave me confidence in my ability to actually take on independent projects and be able to execute them. During my internship, I was able to explore Florence and I learned so much about myself and my host city along the way.
Everyone at GE was so nice and they really made my summer one I'll never forget. The staff planned great trips for us, my favorites being a wine tour and a sunset barchetto ride down the Arno. They made the program so much fun and made everyone feel welcomed in Florence.
I was so happy with my program experience and would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

My advice to future travelers on this program would be to take advantage of your time here. I'm a firm believer that you get out of life what you put into it and there are endless opportunities for both personal and professional growth in Florence. Being able to recognize that and put yourself out there is going to make a huge difference in your overall experience for the better!
Lindsay

Florence experience

My experience in Florence was wonderful and Global Experience was very helpful every step of the way. I did an internship in fashion and worked for an amazing jewelry designer right in the heart of the city. I learned so much and grew as a person by exploring both the city and the culture and always saying yes to opportunities that came my way. I felt very prepared upon departing for Florence since we did a webinar with Global Experience beforehand, which went over everything we needed to know. The other interns were amazing and we did fun activities and day trips with our location coordinator throughout the three months. Our LC was incredible and was always there to answer questions and be there when needed. I would highly recommend this experience for anyone seeking personal growth and fun adventures!

My advice is to always say yes to opportunities that may come your way. You never know what saying yes could lead to, such as making a new friend or embarking on a fun new adventure!
Emily

Working In Florence

I was blown away by my time in Florence, Italy. I got to live in a nice apartment with 4 other girls that were also interning with GE. I never would have imagined how special and transformative these months would be, especially because of the friends that I got to meet, some of which were my roommates! We were right in the heart of Florence and able to access all of the good food and fun places to go! The social events that GE planned were extremly fun and allowed our group to bond while doing fun things like wine tasting and gelato making! Our point person in Florence, Anna, was available any time that we needed her and she was quick to give the best advice. Not only was she educated and wise but also such a fun friend to have! I miss Florence already and am so thankful that GE made this semester possible!

Jessica

Amazing Experience

Interning in Florence was the most wonderful way for me to experience what work in the field of Art History would be like post university graduation. I will say that I was hesitant to apply in the beginning, but I am so glad that I went ahead with it. Global Experiences provided me with not only a fantastic work location, the Florence Cathedral, but also with the best work experience. I got to interact everyday with tourists from all parts of the world, and share my love for art with them. This placement also pushed me to continue to educate myself not just about the art and architecture of the building I worked in, but also about the history and culture of Florence, and Italy as a whole, allowing me to grow in more ways than one.Both a learning and practical experience, this internship provided me with valuable work experience that I will be able to use as my career in Art History progresses. Truly an unforgettable experience!

Anna

Great working experience abroad

This program was the perfect way for me to go abroad after I graduated. I knew I wanted to travel but also use my degree, and GE found me a great internship that strengthened my skills and had me develop skills I only would've gotten from working abroad. The housing was set up very nicely and I always felt safe and answered to when there were any questions or concerned. They offer you free outside activities as well like bike tours, cooking classes and much more to help you experience Italian culture and do things you wouldn't have thought of doing yourself. If you are on the fence about whether this is a good idea for you, you have to go for it! It will push you out of your comfort zone and challenge you to be independent but you will be so thankful for everything you've accomplished thereafter and will come back with lifelong friends and memories and GE made this happen!

Julia

Most Amazing Experience Abroad!

I had the most amazing experience in Europe through the Global Experiences program! They found me the most AMAZING internship that I learned SO MUCH from. I loved my placement so much, I made so many lifelong friends and so many connections in the fashion industry. The program definitely will help to excel me in my future career. My resume looks so diverse now and my employer in Milan offered to write me an amazing letter of recommendation. My employer even took me to Paris Fashion Week! I had so much responsibility at my internship. I gained so many skills and learned so much about the fashion world abroad, which I never would have been able to do without the help of Global Experiences. My apartment was conveniently located and we had a grocery store right next to our place. Global Experiences was there to help whenever I had any issues, whether it be with my job or with my life in Milan. They planned a few amazing day trips to different parts off Italy. Overall I had an amazing experience and would definitely reccomend.

Grace

Best Experience Ever!

I've always wanted to study abroad. But when I found out freshman year of college I could intern abroad, this really stood out to me. I had always thought about it since I started college but never thought it would actually happen. I applied on a whim, and it was the best thing I could have ever done. From the beginning to the end, Global Experiences makes you feel safe and really takes into consideration what you are looking to get out of this experience. They placed me in the perfect internship. My office was fun and lively. I learned so much on the job that I plan to use in my career. I am beyond grateful for this experience and if anyone is unsure if they should do it--you should! I can guarantee that you will not regret it! Not only will you learn so much, but you will have the opportunity to travel, make new friends from all over the world, and really immerse yourself in another culture. Even better, if you're looking for a resume booster, this is it!

Our Location Coordinator was new, causing a couple hiccups. They need to help her smooth out this issues or find someone that fits better.

Location:
70 F / 37 F
Airports:
Aeroporto di Firenze-Peretola
( FLR )

Gelato festival is April should be enough to get your attention, but this won't be the only thing that keeps you coming back for more. Florence sits in the Tuscany region and is regarded for its artistic history and worldly views.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...