Global Experiences Internships in Florence, Italy

Global Experiences Internships in Florence, Italy

Experience Italy with the award winning Global Experiences internships in Florence. Interns in Florence can take advantage of all the beautiful history around them, as well as enhance their resume to reflect newly acquired skills in an international workplace. In Florence, Global Experiences interns will develop their language skills in Italian and gain a global perspective while enjoying all that Tuscany has to offer.

Global Experiences allows its participants to understand their careers of choice with internships that are specifically matched with one-on-one consultation. Florence is full of opportunities in fashion, event planning, journalism, marketing, business administration, and other exciting fields. Global Experiences offers support and years of experience to make your internship in Florence unforgettable.

• Personalized Attention: We work with you on a personal level to understand your career interests and internship goals. Starting from the first phone call to the end of your internship, we offer you individualized support to give you all the resources you
  • Immersion Language Classes: For the first few weeks of the program you will take part in immersion-style Italian courses to help jumpstart your internship experience in Florence
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Florence year-round and provide interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and host all of the interns
  • Guaranteed Internship: That means not having to worry about your future plans for the summer, fall, or spring or the quality of the internship. With an internship with Global Experiences we will work on your behalf to find a high-quality internship
Europe » Italy » Florence
Resume
Cover Letter
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
Program fee includes: guaranteed internship, social events & excursions, Italian language courses, centralized housing, personalized support before and during the internship program, support and orientations from local staff, medical/travel insurance, and mobile phone.

Here are some options for you as an advertising major in Italy: https://www.globalexperiences.com/students/internships-abroad/advertising-marketing-pr-internships/ https://www.globalexperiences.com/students/internships-abroad/advertising-marketing-pr-internships/ Best of luck!
You can certainly apply after finishing college! According to their site, the interns must be at least over 18 years old and must have completed a minimum of 1-2 years of course work. Hope that helps!
Grace, Airfare is not included in the price for the Global Experiences Florence program. My airfare was roughly $730 from Chicago to Florence after I applied the airlines miles I had accumulated from paying for the program. Book early and do research for the best airfare price. Skyscanner.com is a great place to find the best deals.
Hi Coty! You can still apply if you have graduated college. In fact, a lot of the fall/spring students are recent grads looking to add international experience to their resume. Hope that helps! - Mallory

Paola
México

Florence

My time in Florence was amazing! I met so many people that I immediately connected with because we were all in it together. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each other and a chance to travel. This was exactly what I was looking for!

The Global Experiences staff was incredibly helpful and supportive along the way. :) I would recommend this experience to anybody looking for growth in their major and personally. I'm incredibly grateful that I was given this opportunity!

If you have more italian classes.

Donald
3 months hence

Grand adventure

I enjoyed every minute of my internship with global experiences. Though this experience I have not only learned my about my career path but also myself. I have made such great friends though this program, and have had a ton of memorable adventures. I am eager to see what door are opened up in my career due to this amazing internship and hope that I get the opportunity to do it again, with global experiences.

Cheyenne

Going Beyond Your Average Study Abroad Experience

When I first arrived in Florence I felt like I was in a Medieval Disney World. As I walked along the cobblestones in the city center I was greeted by breathtaking architecture, world-famous statues, and a violin's serenade. This city is truly special as it has all the attractions of a large city while being completely walkable and safe.

Like the city of Florence itself, Global Experiences is also unique. Most of the Americans in Florence are studying aboard with other people from their University and, as a result, the vast majority only hang out with other Americans. However, because Global Experiences partners with a language school that has people from all over the world and places you in real Italian work environments you will inevitably meet and talk with people who are not American. I believe that this is extremely important because the whole point of going abroad is to go outside of your comfort zone.

The internship that Global Experiences placed me with was perfect. I wanted an internship within the field of Journalism. I was paired up with Florence News, a publication for American students and tourists in Florence. While I thought I would just help edit, I actually got to write articles! I learned about what makes a good lead, how to write hard news stories, and the ins and outs of AP Style. While I was not enrolled in a University class while here, I believe that the experience I gained from my internship has taught me more than any journalism class would.

All in all, because of this program I have become friends with people from completely different cultures, tasted wine properly, eaten my weight in gelato, overcome language barriers, and developed into a more self-sufficient and globally aware person.

If you are considering this program, I would suggest that you stop thinking and apply for the program today.

I wish that this program was a month longer. I know that a VISA is required for a stay over 90 days in Italy; however, I would be willing to apply for a VISA to stay a month longer. Three months go by incredibly fast and most of the people outside of the Global Experiences program stay for 4 - 6 months.

Nikkie
San Francisco State University

The Experience of a Lifetime

As an Art Education intern for Global Experiences, I could not have chosen a more appropriate location. Florence, Italy has been amazing to say the least. Combining the artistic location with friends and a great work environment, I have had the experience of a lifetime over these past three months. Throughout my internship I have grown immensely as an individual and gained a diverse set of skills. This program encouraged me to not only explore other countries and make new friends but allowed my education and career to grow along with it. What I will be able to take away from this experience I will be able to use for the rest of my life. And the memories I have made here could never be forgotten. This internship has paved the way for my future, and I could not be more eager to see what it holds.

Ashley
Canada
McMaster University

Great Opportunity to Grow Professionally & Personally

Interning in Florence is great because the city has so much going on, but yet still has that small town comfort and charm to it. It doesn't take long to feel right at home in Florence, and everything I needed (grocery store, gym, internship office, bars etc.) was no further than a 15 minute walk from my apartment. It's so easy to explore different parts of Italy from Florence also, it's a very central city. My internship taught me a lot about flexibility, communication, independence and self-confidence and I know I'm returning to home to Canada with a more profound mindset that has both personal and professional benefits.

The program is well-rounded.

Cecelia

Fun In Florence

This was one of the most memorable and exciting experiences of my life. Global Experience placed me in the perfect internship. I really had the opportunity to become immersed in the Florence lifestyle. I had so much fun exploring not only the city, but was given the opportunity to travel all of Europe. The staff was extremely caring and was there for me whenever I needed them. I also could not have been happier with my housing situation, which was accommodating and cozy. I made so many lifelong friends and went on so many new adventures. I would not trade this opportunity for anything.

Perhaps more historical tours, something to truly absorb in all the art and history of the city we live in.

Julianne

Fall in Florence

There's no better way to achieve growth personally and professionally than working abroad. I'm so grateful for the opportunities Global Experiences has given me. They were incredibly helpful and supportive, from helping me select my location, to finding an internship, and overall allowing me get the most out of my experience here. Travelling and working in another country came with serious challenges and incredible adventures. I know I'm a better person because of both. My housing was always clean and comfortable, the group excursions were fun, and I made wonderful friends. I can't recommend this program and this city enough!

Maybe, scheduling in a bit of vacation time similar to most study abroad programs, so that we don't have to request that time off from employers.
Also, I would've liked to have learned more about the cities history through standard tours or museum visits.

Cheyanne

My Semester Abroad

This was easily the greatest decision I️ have made in all 23 years of my life. Through this program I️ have made the greatest friends and discovered the most beautiful city in the world. My internship with the film company was so enjoyable and educational, I️t granted me with the opportunity to come back and help shoot a film in the spring which has always been my dream. I️ was never sure that working in film was all I️ wanted to do until this internship and know I️ know I️t is perfect for me. Global experiences not only have me an experience for a lifetime but I️t has also helped guide me in figuring out exactly what I️ want to do with my life. I️ wouldn’t trade this experience for anything !

More group activities, they were all so fun I️ couldn’t get enough !

Ellie
Washington University in Saint Louis

The best way to experience Italy

My summer in Florence was my second experience with GE, and I cannot recommend them enough. From my first contact with the team in the US, to the on-location support from Rachel in Florence, they are so friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about helping people live and intern abroad. I studied in Florence my junior year, and came back for my internship after graduating from university. Interning here has been such a great experience, and I feel like it gave me an even more authentic Italian experience than when I studied here.

The social events here (including wine tastings and cooking classes) were a great way to meet other likeminded people, and it was so much fun getting to explore Italy together in our free time. I cannot think of anywhere back in the US where I would've had these kinds of opportunities (professional or personal), which is why if you're thinking of interning in Italy--DO IT.

Giiovanna

A summer to remember

This summer have been amazing in so many ways, from the beginning to the end... I had the opportunity of getting to know new people with the same interest as me, as well as living the great experience of working as an interior designer in a company with international recognition and works in countries like China and the USA, in which I had the possibility to watch my career from a new perspective, that will allow me be a better designer now that I start my professional career coming home.
This program allowed me to fall in love all over again with Florence and a culture that fascinated me since the first time I studied them in college, I mean the feeling of being in front of buildings that I had only seen in book was amazing!!!
Also I take with me new friendships and work relationships, since the company offered me a long distance job to keep working with them from my country. I've been travelling since I was pretty young but this time it was more than just a vacation, it was a whole new learning experience not just because of the work but also because it is so different to be living in another country even if is just for two months, than just spend a week looking around.

It was so much fun!!! everyone should go for it without hesitation.

Im so glad I did this program and I highly recommend it.

I think that it could be really helpful that one of the social events it's a tour around the city on the first week, and also that the language courses where in the morning so we could have the afternoons free.

Amanda
University of New Hampshire

Florence

My time in Florence was amazing! I met so many people that I immediately connected with because we were all in it together. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each other and a chance to travel. I always felt safe in the city, and if I ever had a problem I knew my program advisor would be there to help me. This was the chance of a lifetime and it was exactly what I was looking for!

Housing with other GE interns

Tony
China
University of San Francisco

A whole new world

Florence is a very artistic place. Since I never been to Europe before, it was a change in scenery I never expected. Everywhere I go, I can find some form of art or history. I got to:

1. try different food that I never ordered before from different restaurants
2. Been to different theme museums
3. Been to different theme Churches
4. Take pictures of old streets

In the end, Florence was a nice working vacation spot.

A general tour of Florence before the internship start date would be nice.

Katelyn
Buckeye, Arizona
Brigham Young University- Idaho

Go For It!

1. The staff were all so helpful and patient, I never had issues with them
2. I learned how to be more confident, independant, and got a ton of real world experience
3. I got to experience things and places I never thought I'd get to do
4. The high expenses are worth it for everything I got to do and see
5. If you are wondering about doing an internship through Global Experiences, GO FOR IT!!!

Perhaps give the intern a list 2-3 housing options and let the intern decide where they would like to live.

Kate
North Conway, New Hampshire
Carleton University

An Experience Of A Lifetime

In summer 2016 I jetted off to Florence, Italy for a digital marketing internship that I landed through the amazing Global Experiences program. Travelling has always been a major part of my life however, I wanted more than a vacation. I wanted to be immersed in an entirely new culture for a prolonged period in order to broaden my world view. This is exactly what Global Experiences gave me. Not only that, I will have memories, stories, and friendships that will last a lifetime. While it sounds scary to move to a country where you not only don't know anyone but you also do not speak the language, it was the best decision I could have ever made while in university. I am a firm believer that only good things come from stepping outside of your comfort zone and, if presented this choice again, I would jet across the world with GE in a heart beat!

Lydia
Annapolis

Experience of a Lifetime

I knew from the moment that I went to a Global Experiences interest meeting my junior year, I was hooked (and it wasn't just the free pizza). The idea that I could spend three months doing a credited internship in one of the most beautiful cities in the world was a dream. The team at Global Experiences helped make this dream a reality. The entire process was not confusing due to how organized and helpful they made it. My hometown is the same city as their office, so I stopped by to meet everyone, and their office had such a cool vibe and the people were so welcoming! Later on in the process, they even had a coach call me and help me work on my resume and cover letter for my possible internships. They want to prepare you the best they can for your future endeavors!

As for my internship, they really took the time to make sure that I was matched with one that was well suited for me. I did marketing and social media for a bicycle touring company, and they honestly became my family as I was working for them. I joined many of their tours, biking through the stunning hills of Tuscany, touring through family owned wineries, eating delicious food, and meeting people from all over the world. They taught me so much not just about the touring business, but Italian culture and their language. Also, I can now I can make a mean cup of Italian coffee.

As for the city of Florence, it can seem scary to some to live in a foreign country for any amount of time. Global Experience quickly helped make this city a second home, giving us a coordinator, aka "mom" during our stay (I love you, Rachel!), making many group activities, tours, and always checking up on us. I never felt alone in Florence, and this was because they made us an awesome tight-knit group. I also loved my housing, as I was right next to the duomo and basically in the center of the city. Being able to walk everywhere was such a refreshing change than that I was used too.

I would give Global Experiences a 10/10 overall for so many reasons, but most of all for how much they care about anyone going through the process. You are not just a number, and they really want to make sure that your dreams come true during your intern abroad experience. Thanks GE!!!

Janissa
Springfield, MO
Missouri State University

Go Global Experiences

Through my internship with Global Experiences I found lifelong friendships and countless networking opportunities.
I traveled to Milan and Paris to work in showrooms for my internship company. I would not have been afforded these opportunities had I interned in the states.
If you are looking for a killer internship to put on your resume, look no further than letting Global Experiences place you in the prettiest city in the world.

The housing placements were very lopsided considering we all paid the same amount of money for housing. I did not enjoy my housing and did not like the fact that I was not placed with other GE interns. Housing needs to be looked at for the future as several other interns were not happy with their housing placement.

Jacqueline
Arlington, Texas
University of Mississippi

An Experience of A Lifetime

This past summer was one I could never forget! My internship taught me so much about my major and even gave me the opportunity to come back and work for them. It was so amazing being able to work in another country because I learned so much beyond the office! The Global Experiences staff was incredibly helpful and supportive along the way. :) I would recommend this experience to anybody looking for growth in their major and personally!

Vanessa
Canada
York University

Amazing Experience

My 3 months in Florence was a dream true! I would recommend anyone fresh out of college to intern abroad (especially Florence). I've lived at home my whole life and living in Europe has definitely enhanced my level of independence and has made me more worldly overall. The first month was great because I brushed up on some of my italian and had a lot of free time to explore the beautiful city of Florence. The last eight weeks were equally as great because I was working at a contemporary art gallery and learned so much. My employers were very kind and made me feel that I was at home. My favourite part about this program was that every week we had scheduled events with GE interns and our internship advisor Rachel. She set up the best weekend excursions in cities all over Tuscany and organized amazing activities in Florence. She made me feel very comfortable as she was always there whenever I needed her. Overall, the food, culture, beautiful scenery and amazing relationships I created along the way made this experience all the more wonderful!

Laura
Lexington, Kentucky
University of Mississippi

Marketing Intern- Florence

I am so grateful for my experience abroad. Interning in Florence gave me the most unique experience to fully submerge myself in a new culture and help me find myself a long the way. Its not until your so far away from everything that is familiar to you, that you begin to realize what your capable of. I encourage everyone to go abroad that has the chance. I promise it will change your life, if you let it.

One request I would have is to only be placed with roommates from the Global Experiences program and more centrally located. I found that it was not as beneficial living with people who were only engaged in the language classes separate from our program.

Maggie
La Plata, MD

Time of my life

Studying in Florence was hands down the best decision I've made in my life. For 3 months I lived and worked in one of the most culturally stimulating and beautiful cities in the world. My initial internship placement didn't work out, but the Florence GE staff was so helpful and accommodating in quickly helping to resolve that issue. Interning at the Florence Newspaper was a great experience that got me involved in various events throughout the city and made it feel more like home with every assignment. From morning cappuccino in a side street "bar" to wine at sunset in Piazzale Michelangelo...I loved every minute of it and can't imagine not having had that experience. If you're considering studying in Florence, I have only piece of advice for you: GO!!! :)

I would have language classes extended through the entire program, not just the first month.

Andrew
Hempstead, New York
Hofstra University

No Better Way to Spend Your Summer

I had the opportunity to be part of the Global Experiences program in Florence this past summer. My experience with the program went well beyond my expectations.
I greatly improved my Italian language skills at the language school. The professors are incredibly helpful and there are students from all over the world, so not only will you make friends with your fellow Global Interns, but you have the chance to become friends with students from other countries as well.
After the three weeks of the language school, I had an awesome, one-of-a-kind legal internship where I was able to experience the Italian civil legal system, work with international business contracts, write and prepare legal documents, and get client interaction. Best of all, I developed close connections with my supervisor and co-workers that made going to the internship great everyday.
The staff was very kind and helpful, the trips were fun and exciting, my housing was conveniently located, and the other students in the program were awesome people. Your transition to living in Florence will be easy and effortless thanks to the support you will be surrounded by.
I really have no complaints from this summer. It was an unforgettable experience that has no comparison. I wish I was still working there!

I know that some students did not have as great of a work experience as I did. This could have been due to a language barrier. I think that maybe there should be more language preparation for interns who have little to no Italian language skills. Also, it is important that if the intern is having a difficult time the internship, that he/she talk with the support staff. They can help you with any problems that may come up at work!

Gabriella
Tampa, FL
University of Tampa

My Favorite Summer

This past summer I spent in Florence was one I'll never forget... and one I wish I could go back to every day! I'm bilingual in Italian, so I started the program after the language school portion. I wouldn't say I'm the most outgoing person, so it took me a little to meet all the other interns. However, as soon as I got comfortable, I had the best summer of my life. Not only did I have an awesome internship (yes, I cried when I had to say bye to my co-workers) but I had so much fun exploring Florence and all the other cities Global Experiences takes you to! For my internship, I was in a small showroom in a town right outside downtown Florence. There were only 7 sellers and 2 secretaries who worked the showroom, so I quickly got to know everyone and how everything worked. It was amazing getting to see all the spring/summer collections a whole year before they are released to the public and be able to sit in on client meetings with buyers who came in to purchase merchandise for their stores. I was also lucky enough to be placed with another intern who has become one of my closest friends! In the end, I gained some incredibly valuable experience in fashion business and had an amazing summer while doing it. Plus adding a fashion internship in Italy on my resume doesn't sound too shabby! This was my first internship I've ever had and it is definitely one I will never forget.

The housing! Some interns had an awesome apartment and others weren't even comparable. Unfortunately I didn't get the great end of the bargain.

kknecht
Ellicott City, Maryland
West Virginia University

What more could I ask for?

My time in Florence Italy was by far one of my most valuable experiences I have ever had. Not only was I given an amazing opportunity to intern in a high-end showroom, I learned more then I could have imagined outside of my internship. The Showroom experience was like none other. I had the best time and was able to gain so much knowledge from my coworkers. They were extremely supportive and gave me responsibilities as if I were a permanent part of their team. Not only was I able to go to the biggest fashion trade show in Italy, I learned how international business works. I did everything from displays to helping them sell. Global Experiences helped me throughout each step of the process, the interview, first day, and anything else I needed along the way. I also was surrounded by the best people and have made life-long friends in the process. Global Experiences had so many activities for us there was no time to be bored.The staff was very supportive and was always there to listen if we had a problem or conflict. We were given the opportunity to travel outside of our internship, as well as spend time with our friends. I used this amazing time abroad to learn about my surroundings as well as myself. I walked away from this experience a well rounded individual and ready to start my career in the fashion industry. Interning abroad has been the best decision I have made regarding my college career!

I wish Global Experiences was directly responsible for our housing situation. It would have made it much easier for communication purposes and resolving issues. It also would have allowed GE members to be rooms together because I, as well as a few others were placed randomly.

lcunningham

Couldn't Have Asked for More

The internship I did through global experiences was incredibly multidimensional. Not only did I actually get do so some designing for the fashion brand I interned with, but I also got experience in brand development, graphic design, and marketing. I even got the opportunity to go and participate with them in the huge trade show in Florence. Who gets the chance to do all of that in a single summer?? Global Experiences provided me with an internship experience that has, no doubt, shaped my career path as a college graduate. So happy I chose them.

I know some other people didn't have internship experiences as good as mind. I would hope, in the future, more companies can be researched who were beneficial and didn't seem trivial.

Ava
Atlanta, GA
University of Georgia

Unforgettable experience!

I traveled to Florence a year ago right after graduating college. I wasn't sure what to expect and I was extremely nervous and excited. Thankfully, I was paired up with an awesome roommate and we did a lot of group activities to help everyone get to know each other. The activities that Whitney had planned for us were so much fun! I loved the scavenger hunt around Florence and was even better when my roommate and I won! We went on a weekend wine tasting trip as our prize and it was fabulous!

I was placed with a design studio to study graphic design, textile design, and product design. I was unsure how much I would actually learn as there was a language barrier. My bosses were outstanding, fun, and welcoming, which was a huge relief. I learned a lot from them, the design industry abroad, and most importantly, being able to successfully produce designs even if I couldn't completely communicate with my boss. It was such a rewarding experience!

Also, I really enjoyed finally figuring out where everything is in Florence. I feel like the next time I go back (hopefully soon!) I will know where to go without a map, know where all the best restaurants are, and how to avoid looking like a tourist! :)

Thanks Global Experiences for a memory that will last a lifetime!!

I think more one on one teaching at the school or some homework/quizzes prior to arriving. I felt like I learned quite a bit but it was a lot of information to take in for the time we were there. I would have loved to learn more!

Sophia
New York
Savannah College of Art & Design

Bucket List Material

Italy is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever traveled to, and the entire city of Florence is like an outdoor museum. There was nothing I enjoyed more than sitting at a cafe and watch people walk by. The Italians are wonderful people, so strong in character, filled with emotion, and passionate about food. They truly know how to appreciate and enjoy every day that goes by. When I chose to go abroad with Global Experiences I had an idea of where I was headed, but I did not expect to be blown away by such a rich and fascinating culture. The experience began at LinguaViva, where I made friends from all over the world that came to Florence to learn the language and seek a life changing experience like I was. Global Experiences made a wonderful job placing us in homes that were in the heart of the city. My apartment was literally two blocks away from Il Duomo. After a month of intensive Italian lessons, we were placed in an internship. I must say, when I first walked into the design studio I was placed in, I was terrified. It was a firm of two architects and a few interns besides myself. The studio was filled with all kinds of bizarre and funky objects, a collection of Barbie dolls that took up an entire wall, a collection of eccentric canes that one of the architects designed, and it was all cramped up in this small town house. Although I had a shocking first impression, the warmth and kindness of these two wonderful designers made my experience in Florence extremely pleasant. We had very fun projects, and the creativity and skills of my mentors gave me so much to learn from. Apart from assigning great jobs, and a wonderful school, Global Experiences did an awesome job at giving us a glance of Florence and Tuscany with excursions to Lake Garda and Cinque Terra and events like aperitivos on rooftops. Over all, I would not change a single thing about my internship and experience in Florence. It has changed me in all positive ways, and I would be blessed if one day I could call Florence my home.

I would recommend that the language lessons last longer, or kept going at the same time as the internship.

Nina
Boulder, Colorado
University of Colorado- Boulder

Global Experiences Florence

I had the best experience with Global experiences in Florence. I had studied abroad there and wanted to stay for summer and i'm so glad i did because i definitely picked the right program. They were so helpful in getting me set up earlier than the rest of the ladies because i was already in florence and didn't have to fly over. I got into my new apartment and schooling right away, which was one of the best parts. The school that they use is amazing and taught me so much italian that i didn't already know, and i also got to meet other international students also studying in the school. I was able to make new friends and take field trips with them and the school. The first two weeks we just focused on learning italian which was so incredible and worthwhile. After school i had time to explore the city and hang out with people from schools as well as travel. When everyone arrived we had a dinner to get to know each other which was so much fun, and we continued to have these dinners (apperitivo) throughout the program time which was so great. it was nice to bring everyone together and have something to do with other people. they also had an extensive interview process for internships, so i got placed in one that matched me after meeting with the boss. The internship was a great learning experience however it turned out it wasn't exactly what they said it would be so Global moved me to another one right away that was AMAZING and i couldn't have been happier. I learned so much in such a short amount of time even and it was so worth it. I met amazing people and had the internship and summer of a lifetime!

If i had to change something it would be the schooling. I LOVED the school we were in and i would have also loved to have kept learning. If we could have done a couple hours before internships in the morning and kept learning i think it would have benefited everyone.

Courtney
Clifton Park, New York

The best experience anyone could ever ask for.

My experience with the Global experience program in Florence, Italy was rewarding in so many way. I am a senior in college and over the summer I was required to do an internship for school. Most of my classmates interned in NYC and answered phones, copied papers and put data in the computer. My internship was nothing like this because Global experience listened to what I wanted to do and had me working one-on-one with an Italian fashion designer. Every day I took the train to where my boss needed me to meet her and we together worked on her summer 2014 collection. I helped her with buying fabric, designing, research for upcoming trends, cutting out patterns and whatever else she wanted me to do. Every day was something different, which I loved cause it kept me on my toes. Not only was my internship an amazing experience but I also made great friends who I will stay in contact with the rest of my life. Overall I had an amazing experience and would not consider Sara as just my boss but also my friend. I would suggest if you have this opportunity to go abroad, take it.

I would have wanted to stay for longer maybe all summer.

Kaitlin
Atlanta, Georgia
Georgia College & State University

I'm still here!

I came to Florence for the summer 2013 internship program with Global Experiences and I couldn't have made a better decision in my life. Global Experiences interviewed me to get to know me perfectly! They couldn't of found a better internship to fit my goals and personality. I ended up interning at a small art gallery right next to the Arno River (which is beautiful). My mentors at the gallery named me the "assistant art director" and I don't know what I would of done without them. Not only did I learn about the business/marketing side of the art world, but I learned a new language and the hospitality side as well. I applied right before graduation not knowing what I wanted to do with my life. After going through this program, I now have a clear view of my future and what I want to do with the rest of my life. When I was done with my internship, I had an epiphany. I literally never want to leave this amazing country! I fell in love with the culture, people, and history of Italy. Instead of leaving, I found a new job in the advertising industry and I am still learning and working to this day! This has been the most amazing and eye opening experience of my life. Not only that, but also the best decision I have ever made and I wouldn't change a thing!

Be VERY specific about what you are looking for. Don't be nervous about anything you want in life or else you won't find it.

Jordan
Montgomery County, Maryland

My WONDERFUL Summer in Florence

I had a blast in Florence this summer. The people I met in the program were awesome. The experience I had was life changing. The work experience I had was one of a kind. I worked for an Italian Event Planning company planning their Summer 2014 swimwear exhibition. They allowed me to see behind the scenes of how a business coordinates with its customers, the hotels they make reservations with, the evening events organization and planning, and so much more. I had never done anything with fashion before, so being able to go into this internship and come out having learned not only things about the industry, but also skills that I didn't know I had was a great feeling.

Also this summer program gave me the opportunity to travel Italy for a summer and make new friends along the way. I learned the basics of a new language as gained a new kind of independence.

I would change the placement process for the language school. I wanted to benefit more from the language school than some of the other girls in my program. So I would have a different placement to evaluate how much you want out of the language school. We were only in it for 3 weeks but I know if there weren't as many girls getting us off topic, I could have gained more.

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and enhance their futures professionally. Along with