Global Experiences Internships in Florence, Italy

Florence is a incredible city full of history and amazing internship opportunities. In Florence, there are international internships in nearly every career field. Some of the most popular internships include event planning, journalism, marketing, business administration, and fashion.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your chosen career field and Italian culture. You will develop language skills and gain professional experiences all while enjoying everything Tuscany has to offer. We do our best to tailor an internship that matches your background and future goals. We are dedicated to making your international internship in Florence an unforgettable experience.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to find a high-quality internship that matches your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Immersion Language Classes: To help you jumpstart your time abroad you will be enrolled in an Italian language course for the first few weeks of your program.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your cover letter and resume. We also prepare you for any interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinators live in Florence year-round and provide an insider’s glimpse of the city. The Location Coordinator provides 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Hi Mandie! There are plenty of Advertising and Marketing internships available in Florence. I myself did a marketing internship abroad there for a Tuscan wine touring company, and my roommate did her Advertising internship with a student travel company. My placement was very English friendly and was a great opportunity to learn Italian as well. Your options (and English friendly placement...
Hi Danielle! Many of our GE interns and alumni have graduated college before going on their internships abroad. In Florence, Italy and many of our other global cities, you can be visa eligible to intern abroad without needing to be a current student. - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing Coordinator
Hi Grace! Airfare is not included in your program tuition. Janissa had great advice to book early and look for the cheapest and shortest flight. We have a partnership with STA Travel, who can offer student discounts and deposit options. Hope that this helps! - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing Coordinator
Hi Coty! Many of our GE interns and alumni have graduated college before going on their internships abroad. In Florence, Italy and many of our other global cities, you can be visa eligible to intern abroad without needing to be a current student. - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing Coordinator

Will

Amazing internship in Florence

My time here in Florence was everything I had hoped for and more! I may have only been here for a matter of two months, but the amount that I've grown both personally and professionally has been immeasurable. Not only have I learned so many technical skills that I can use to market myself for future jobs and internships, but I've also had to become comfortable navigating a foreign country for the better part of this summer. On top of that, I've made so many close, amazing friends in both my office and my GE program, and I can't believe I only have a little less than a week left with them. This program has been absolutely amazing for me, and the program organizers have helped make this the best summer of my life. If you're looking for a chance to expand your work experience and marketability and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to actually live in a foreign country, then this is definitely the program for you.

Kelly

Interning Abroad in Florence, Italy

Interning abroad with Global Experiences has been a life changing experience. The people I have met and memories made along the way will be something that I will always remember. I have gained so much independence from this experience, and GE provides just enough support and advice to help you when needed. To anyone debating whether they want to intern abroad, do it! It has been the best decision I have ever made!

Corrine

Interning in Florence with GE

My time interning in Florence is coming to an end in the next week and while I am so sad to be leaving my new friends, apartment and the city, I know that what GE has given me can be taken anywhere my career path goes. I have matured so much professionally. GE really does set you up with all the tools you need to succeed where ever you end up. Im walking away from this internship with an unforgettable work experience that will set me apart from the crowd when I look for post grad opportunities next year.

Maggie

Intern in Florence

I love living in Florence. Interning in Florence has been such a unique experience that has allowed me to grow as a person and dive deeper into the culture. This has been one of the best experiences I've had in such an exciting city. This experience has helped me grow in the work place by being better at communicating more than I thought I even had to. This has also given me more confidence in the work place especially for when I go back home since there will not be a language barrier. This program has pushed me out of my comfort zone and has pushed me to be a better version of my self.

Jenna

Florence

I spent my summer in Florence, working for a wedding planning company. I learned so much from my internship experience, got to see a new country and learn about their culture, and traveled all around Europe! It was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend it. I became a lot more independent and had so much fun. Italy is a great location because it's just a train ride or short flight away from so many amazing places. I would definitely recommend taking a lot of day or weekend trips. Happy travels!

Alexandria

Interior Design in Florence!

I am in my last 10 days of my Global Experiences internship here in Florence, Italy, and I feel like I have learned more in the past 8 weeks than I have in the last 2 years of college! Not only have I been able to apply skills that I already have learned, but I have gotten to experience just how different the design process is here in Italy, versus how Architecture and Interior Design is taught in the United States. I have learned so many new ways of using familiar computer programs, as well as having gained IMMEASURABLE professional skills, by actually working in an international office. I am actually excited to get back to classes this Fall so that I can apply what I have learned to my own design practice.
I applied for this Global Experiences internship on a whim, and now I can't imagine my life without having had this experience. And the staff at Global Experiences have made me feel like I am the only one here! The personal attention they give to your resume, portfolio, and language skills ensure that you are going to be successful, both in your internship, and in the real work world.

For me, it was a perfect fit! My job was in my chosen degree field, and I got genuine, practical experience that has shown me what I can actually expect my day to day life will be like once I graduate and get a job.
Emily

Wedding Planning Internship in Florence

I always knew Italy was the place I wanted to Intern but I had very little expectations coming to Florence. I didn't realise how much I would love this city, it is beyond beautiful. It's a program I recommend everyone to do, whatever your goals might be, you will grow and change in more ways than you ever thought you would. It's an experience I will hold with me forever. It is the foundation for my future.

Paola

Florence

My time in Florence was amazing! I met so many people that I immediately connected with because we were all in it together. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each other and a chance to travel. This was exactly what I was looking for!

The Global Experiences staff was incredibly helpful and supportive along the way. :) I would recommend this experience to anybody looking for growth in their major and personally. I'm incredibly grateful that I was given this opportunity!

If you have more italian classes.
Donald

Grand adventure

I enjoyed every minute of my internship with global experiences. Though this experience I have not only learned my about my career path but also myself. I have made such great friends though this program, and have had a ton of memorable adventures. I am eager to see what door are opened up in my career due to this amazing internship and hope that I get the opportunity to do it again, with global experiences.

Cheyenne

Going Beyond Your Average Study Abroad Experience

When I first arrived in Florence I felt like I was in a Medieval Disney World. As I walked along the cobblestones in the city center I was greeted by breathtaking architecture, world-famous statues, and a violin's serenade. This city is truly special as it has all the attractions of a large city while being completely walkable and safe.

Like the city of Florence itself, Global Experiences is also unique. Most of the Americans in Florence are studying aboard with other people from their University and, as a result, the vast majority only hang out with other Americans. However, because Global Experiences partners with a language school that has people from all over the world and places you in real Italian work environments you will inevitably meet and talk with people who are not American. I believe that this is extremely important because the whole point of going abroad is to go outside of your comfort zone.

The internship that Global Experiences placed me with was perfect. I wanted an internship within the field of Journalism. I was paired up with Florence News, a publication for American students and tourists in Florence. While I thought I would just help edit, I actually got to write articles! I learned about what makes a good lead, how to write hard news stories, and the ins and outs of AP Style. While I was not enrolled in a University class while here, I believe that the experience I gained from my internship has taught me more than any journalism class would.

All in all, because of this program I have become friends with people from completely different cultures, tasted wine properly, eaten my weight in gelato, overcome language barriers, and developed into a more self-sufficient and globally aware person.

If you are considering this program, I would suggest that you stop thinking and apply for the program today.

I wish that this program was a month longer. I know that a VISA is required for a stay over 90 days in Italy; however, I would be willing to apply for a VISA to stay a month longer. Three months go by incredibly fast and most of the people outside of the Global Experiences program stay for 4 - 6 months.

Nikkie

The Experience of a Lifetime

As an Art Education intern for Global Experiences, I could not have chosen a more appropriate location. Florence, Italy has been amazing to say the least. Combining the artistic location with friends and a great work environment, I have had the experience of a lifetime over these past three months. Throughout my internship I have grown immensely as an individual and gained a diverse set of skills. This program encouraged me to not only explore other countries and make new friends but allowed my education and career to grow along with it. What I will be able to take away from this experience I will be able to use for the rest of my life. And the memories I have made here could never be forgotten. This internship has paved the way for my future, and I could not be more eager to see what it holds.

Ashley

Great Opportunity to Grow Professionally & Personally

Interning in Florence is great because the city has so much going on, but yet still has that small town comfort and charm to it. It doesn't take long to feel right at home in Florence, and everything I needed (grocery store, gym, internship office, bars etc.) was no further than a 15 minute walk from my apartment. It's so easy to explore different parts of Italy from Florence also, it's a very central city. My internship taught me a lot about flexibility, communication, independence and self-confidence and I know I'm returning to home to Canada with a more profound mindset that has both personal and professional benefits.

The program is well-rounded.
Cecelia

Fun In Florence

This was one of the most memorable and exciting experiences of my life. Global Experience placed me in the perfect internship. I really had the opportunity to become immersed in the Florence lifestyle. I had so much fun exploring not only the city, but was given the opportunity to travel all of Europe. The staff was extremely caring and was there for me whenever I needed them. I also could not have been happier with my housing situation, which was accommodating and cozy. I made so many lifelong friends and went on so many new adventures. I would not trade this opportunity for anything.

Perhaps more historical tours, something to truly absorb in all the art and history of the city we live in.
Julianne

Fall in Florence

There's no better way to achieve growth personally and professionally than working abroad. I'm so grateful for the opportunities Global Experiences has given me. They were incredibly helpful and supportive, from helping me select my location, to finding an internship, and overall allowing me get the most out of my experience here. Travelling and working in another country came with serious challenges and incredible adventures. I know I'm a better person because of both. My housing was always clean and comfortable, the group excursions were fun, and I made wonderful friends. I can't recommend this program and this city enough!

Maybe, scheduling in a bit of vacation time similar to most study abroad programs, so that we don't have to request that time off from employers.
Also, I would've liked to have learned more about the cities history through standard tours or museum visits.
Cheyanne

My Semester Abroad

This was easily the greatest decision I️ have made in all 23 years of my life. Through this program I️ have made the greatest friends and discovered the most beautiful city in the world. My internship with the film company was so enjoyable and educational, I️t granted me with the opportunity to come back and help shoot a film in the spring which has always been my dream. I️ was never sure that working in film was all I️ wanted to do until this internship and know I️ know I️t is perfect for me. Global experiences not only have me an experience for a lifetime but I️t has also helped guide me in figuring out exactly what I️ want to do with my life. I️ wouldn’t trade this experience for anything !

More group activities, they were all so fun I️ couldn’t get enough !

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...