Global Experiences Internships in Florence, Italy

Florence is an incredible city full of history and fantastic internship opportunities. In Florence, there are international internships in nearly every career field. Some of the most popular internships include event planning, journalism, marketing, business administration, and fashion.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your approved career field and Italian culture. You will develop language skills and gain professional experiences all while enjoying everything Tuscany has to offer. We do our best to tailor an internship that matches your background and future goals. We are dedicated to making your international internship in Florence an unforgettable experience.

This is the perfect internship program for students and young professionals from the U.S. or Canada. Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Florence with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Local Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Florence year-round and provides interns with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all the interns on a range of social events.

Hi Mandie! There are plenty of Advertising and Marketing internships available in Florence. I myself did a marketing internship abroad there for a Tuscan wine touring company, and my roommate did her Advertising internship with a student travel company. My placement was very English friendly and was a great opportunity to learn Italian as well. Your options (and English friendly placement...
Hi Danielle! Many of our GE interns and alumni have graduated college before going on their internships abroad. In Florence, Italy and many of our other global cities, you can be visa eligible to intern abroad without needing to be a current student. - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing Coordinator
Hi Grace! Airfare is not included in your program tuition. Janissa had great advice to book early and look for the cheapest and shortest flight. We have a partnership with STA Travel, who can offer student discounts and deposit options. Hope that this helps! - Lydia T. | Student Experience & Marketing Coordinator

Anna

Great working experience abroad

This program was the perfect way for me to go abroad after I graduated. I knew I wanted to travel but also use my degree, and GE found me a great internship that strengthened my skills and had me develop skills I only would've gotten from working abroad. The housing was set up very nicely and I always felt safe and answered to when there were any questions or concerned. They offer you free outside activities as well like bike tours, cooking classes and much more to help you experience Italian culture and do things you wouldn't have thought of doing yourself. If you are on the fence about whether this is a good idea for you, you have to go for it! It will push you out of your comfort zone and challenge you to be independent but you will be so thankful for everything you've accomplished thereafter and will come back with lifelong friends and memories and GE made this happen!

Julia

Most Amazing Experience Abroad!

I had the most amazing experience in Europe through the Global Experiences program! They found me the most AMAZING internship that I learned SO MUCH from. I loved my placement so much, I made so many lifelong friends and so many connections in the fashion industry. The program definitely will help to excel me in my future career. My resume looks so diverse now and my employer in Milan offered to write me an amazing letter of recommendation. My employer even took me to Paris Fashion Week! I had so much responsibility at my internship. I gained so many skills and learned so much about the fashion world abroad, which I never would have been able to do without the help of Global Experiences. My apartment was conveniently located and we had a grocery store right next to our place. Global Experiences was there to help whenever I had any issues, whether it be with my job or with my life in Milan. They planned a few amazing day trips to different parts off Italy. Overall I had an amazing experience and would definitely reccomend.

Grace

Best Experience Ever!

I've always wanted to study abroad. But when I found out freshman year of college I could intern abroad, this really stood out to me. I had always thought about it since I started college but never thought it would actually happen. I applied on a whim, and it was the best thing I could have ever done. From the beginning to the end, Global Experiences makes you feel safe and really takes into consideration what you are looking to get out of this experience. They placed me in the perfect internship. My office was fun and lively. I learned so much on the job that I plan to use in my career. I am beyond grateful for this experience and if anyone is unsure if they should do it--you should! I can guarantee that you will not regret it! Not only will you learn so much, but you will have the opportunity to travel, make new friends from all over the world, and really immerse yourself in another culture. Even better, if you're looking for a resume booster, this is it!

Our Location Coordinator was new, causing a couple hiccups. They need to help her smooth out this issues or find someone that fits better.
Christy

Best experience!

I decided to intern abroad as a segway into the working world as I just graduated college in May. I am so happy I did! A lot can be said for immersing yourself into the working world in another culture. You learn so much about their culture, more so than you would if you were just studying abroad, since you're interacting and working with Italians every day. The staff is very helpful and always at your disposal if you need them. They also schedule social events which get your program together to bond & see more of a local side of your experience! Our program had a few dinners, day trips, and activities such as a cooking class. It is really nice and fun because they are things that you may not typically do by yourself but your program provides it for you. I really enjoyed my experience and wish it didn't end so soon! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!!

Will

Amazing internship in Florence

My time here in Florence was everything I had hoped for and more! I may have only been here for a matter of two months, but the amount that I've grown both personally and professionally has been immeasurable. Not only have I learned so many technical skills that I can use to market myself for future jobs and internships, but I've also had to become comfortable navigating a foreign country for the better part of this summer. On top of that, I've made so many close, amazing friends in both my office and my GE program, and I can't believe I only have a little less than a week left with them. This program has been absolutely amazing for me, and the program organizers have helped make this the best summer of my life. If you're looking for a chance to expand your work experience and marketability and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to actually live in a foreign country, then this is definitely the program for you.

Kelly

Interning Abroad in Florence, Italy

Interning abroad with Global Experiences has been a life changing experience. The people I have met and memories made along the way will be something that I will always remember. I have gained so much independence from this experience, and GE provides just enough support and advice to help you when needed. To anyone debating whether they want to intern abroad, do it! It has been the best decision I have ever made!

Corrine

Interning in Florence with GE

My time interning in Florence is coming to an end in the next week and while I am so sad to be leaving my new friends, apartment and the city, I know that what GE has given me can be taken anywhere my career path goes. I have matured so much professionally. GE really does set you up with all the tools you need to succeed where ever you end up. Im walking away from this internship with an unforgettable work experience that will set me apart from the crowd when I look for post grad opportunities next year.

Maggie

Intern in Florence

I love living in Florence. Interning in Florence has been such a unique experience that has allowed me to grow as a person and dive deeper into the culture. This has been one of the best experiences I've had in such an exciting city. This experience has helped me grow in the work place by being better at communicating more than I thought I even had to. This has also given me more confidence in the work place especially for when I go back home since there will not be a language barrier. This program has pushed me out of my comfort zone and has pushed me to be a better version of my self.

Jenna

Florence

I spent my summer in Florence, working for a wedding planning company. I learned so much from my internship experience, got to see a new country and learn about their culture, and traveled all around Europe! It was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend it. I became a lot more independent and had so much fun. Italy is a great location because it's just a train ride or short flight away from so many amazing places. I would definitely recommend taking a lot of day or weekend trips. Happy travels!

Alexandria

Interior Design in Florence!

I am in my last 10 days of my Global Experiences internship here in Florence, Italy, and I feel like I have learned more in the past 8 weeks than I have in the last 2 years of college! Not only have I been able to apply skills that I already have learned, but I have gotten to experience just how different the design process is here in Italy, versus how Architecture and Interior Design is taught in the United States. I have learned so many new ways of using familiar computer programs, as well as having gained IMMEASURABLE professional skills, by actually working in an international office. I am actually excited to get back to classes this Fall so that I can apply what I have learned to my own design practice.
I applied for this Global Experiences internship on a whim, and now I can't imagine my life without having had this experience. And the staff at Global Experiences have made me feel like I am the only one here! The personal attention they give to your resume, portfolio, and language skills ensure that you are going to be successful, both in your internship, and in the real work world.

For me, it was a perfect fit! My job was in my chosen degree field, and I got genuine, practical experience that has shown me what I can actually expect my day to day life will be like once I graduate and get a job.
Emily

Wedding Planning Internship in Florence

I always knew Italy was the place I wanted to Intern but I had very little expectations coming to Florence. I didn't realise how much I would love this city, it is beyond beautiful. It's a program I recommend everyone to do, whatever your goals might be, you will grow and change in more ways than you ever thought you would. It's an experience I will hold with me forever. It is the foundation for my future.

Paola

Florence

My time in Florence was amazing! I met so many people that I immediately connected with because we were all in it together. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each other and a chance to travel. This was exactly what I was looking for!

The Global Experiences staff was incredibly helpful and supportive along the way. :) I would recommend this experience to anybody looking for growth in their major and personally. I'm incredibly grateful that I was given this opportunity!

If you have more italian classes.
Donald

Grand adventure

I enjoyed every minute of my internship with global experiences. Though this experience I have not only learned my about my career path but also myself. I have made such great friends though this program, and have had a ton of memorable adventures. I am eager to see what door are opened up in my career due to this amazing internship and hope that I get the opportunity to do it again, with global experiences.

Cheyenne

Going Beyond Your Average Study Abroad Experience

When I first arrived in Florence I felt like I was in a Medieval Disney World. As I walked along the cobblestones in the city center I was greeted by breathtaking architecture, world-famous statues, and a violin's serenade. This city is truly special as it has all the attractions of a large city while being completely walkable and safe.

Like the city of Florence itself, Global Experiences is also unique. Most of the Americans in Florence are studying aboard with other people from their University and, as a result, the vast majority only hang out with other Americans. However, because Global Experiences partners with a language school that has people from all over the world and places you in real Italian work environments you will inevitably meet and talk with people who are not American. I believe that this is extremely important because the whole point of going abroad is to go outside of your comfort zone.

The internship that Global Experiences placed me with was perfect. I wanted an internship within the field of Journalism. I was paired up with Florence News, a publication for American students and tourists in Florence. While I thought I would just help edit, I actually got to write articles! I learned about what makes a good lead, how to write hard news stories, and the ins and outs of AP Style. While I was not enrolled in a University class while here, I believe that the experience I gained from my internship has taught me more than any journalism class would.

All in all, because of this program I have become friends with people from completely different cultures, tasted wine properly, eaten my weight in gelato, overcome language barriers, and developed into a more self-sufficient and globally aware person.

If you are considering this program, I would suggest that you stop thinking and apply for the program today.

I wish that this program was a month longer. I know that a VISA is required for a stay over 90 days in Italy; however, I would be willing to apply for a VISA to stay a month longer. Three months go by incredibly fast and most of the people outside of the Global Experiences program stay for 4 - 6 months.

Nikkie

The Experience of a Lifetime

As an Art Education intern for Global Experiences, I could not have chosen a more appropriate location. Florence, Italy has been amazing to say the least. Combining the artistic location with friends and a great work environment, I have had the experience of a lifetime over these past three months. Throughout my internship I have grown immensely as an individual and gained a diverse set of skills. This program encouraged me to not only explore other countries and make new friends but allowed my education and career to grow along with it. What I will be able to take away from this experience I will be able to use for the rest of my life. And the memories I have made here could never be forgotten. This internship has paved the way for my future, and I could not be more eager to see what it holds.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...