• Italy

Non-Monetary Benefits
Fall Spring Summer
Weekly Hours

Pricing

Program fee includes: guaranteed internship, social events & excursions, Italian language courses, centralized housing, personalized support before and during the internship program, support and orientations from local staff, medical/travel insurance, and an international SIM card.
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities SIM cards
What's Not Included
Airfare Meals
Feb 15, 2022
Apr 29, 2022
78 travelers are looking at this program

Florence is an incredible city full of history and fantastic internship opportunities. In Florence, there are international internships in nearly every career field. Some of the most popular internships include event planning, journalism, marketing, business administration, and fashion.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your approved career field and Italian culture. You will develop language skills and gain professional experiences all while enjoying everything Tuscany has to offer. We do our best to tailor an internship that matches your background and future goals. We are dedicated to making your international internship in Florence an unforgettable experience.

This is the perfect internship program for students and young professionals from the U.S. or Canada. Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

Program Highlights

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Florence with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • On-Site Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Florence year-round and provides you with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all interns on a range of social events.

Global Experiences Generation Study Abroad Scholarship

Global Experiences offers scholarships for both summer and semester terms in any of the organization’s 11 global cities. Full scholarships are available for semester-long programs, with special consideration given to those who are underrepresented in study abroad programs. Global Experiences also contributes to those who receive a Pell Grant or Benjamin A. Gillman scholarship, for both in person and virtual programs.

$500 - $3,000

• 5 rating 98.73%
  • 4 rating 1.27%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Xavi
No, I don't recommend this program

The best 3 months of my life

Coming into this program, I had a lot of fears, questions, all alongside excitement. As I arrived to my housing, I was greeted with a large, modern, 4 bedroom apartment located a couple feet away from the Ponte Vecchio. Instantly, my roommates were welcoming, kind and felt this bond that completely tossed my fears out of the window.. Right into the Arno. Overall, this program provided easily accessible medical attention, safety protocols, and enjoyable events such as apéritive and bike riding in Luca to enhance our bond and experience. Keep in mind, I arrived with 1 checked bag, 1 carry on, and a duffel bag.. I left back home with 2 checked bags, a carry on and a duffel bag. Shopping is a life time experience here so be prepared!

Pros
  • Living accommodation
  • New friendships
  • Exploring new countries and cities
Cons
  • Cost of living with no income
Katie

Best 3 Months

I made such incredible friendships on this trip. GE had a lot of great events organized for all of us interns so that we could get comfortable and know each other right off the bat. The events were always well-attended and everyone had a blast. I truly cannot say enough positive things about this experience and the people I shared it with. If I could do this program again, i totally would because my 3 months in Florence were some of the best days ever. Everyone became close so quick and I always felt supported.

Cierra

Florence G.E

Living in Italy for three months has been one of the best experience of my life. Florence itself is the perfect city to stay in, not to big that it’s overwhelming and not to small that it get boring. Over the span of 3 months life long connections will be made not only with your roommates but also with your internship. Florence is such a unique city with many thing to offer from it’s beautiful sites ( the duomo, Ponte Vecchio, MichaelAngelo viewpoint) too the in the wall boutiques that can be found on both side of the river. Traveling is made easy with bus to alphas and quick trip, (both companies that plan your trip for you) and for traveling throughout Italy the train can take you from the top to the bottom of Italy.

Pros
  • Meeting new people
  • Experiencing a different culture
  • Traveling & shopping
Cons
  • January- march in Italy is cold
Riley

Great 3 Months

To start, this program provided all of the essential pieces for a great experience. The apartment I stayed in was in a fantastic location which made experiencing the city super easy. The number of group events that were included in the program provided a great balance between having something planned out, and being able to do things on our own. Without a doubt, the best part of this program was the friendships that were made with the other people in the group. This program made it possible to meet such incredible people, and for that, I will always be grateful.

Mark

Intern

Interning abroad was an amazing Expirience that I won’t ever forget. Had an amazing time and met some super great people. One thing I have to mention is that our coordinator Anna Gomez was super helpful with absolutely everything. She made it a breeze to do anything and in emergencies, she responded within seconds. Global Experiences really know how to hire great people and provide a great service. Thank you to everyone that was involved, this helped grow my resume and even helped me learn things about myself.

Pros
  • Great location
  • Great accommodations
  • Great people
Ashly

Amazing experience!

I had an amazing time in this program! The people I met in the program were amazing, and became some of my best friends. I wouldn’t have wanted to share this experience with anyone else, and would do it all over again if I could!
The program gave me an internship in the exact industry I requested, and provided me support throughout the program. The on-site staff Anna was very helpful with anything, and very supportive four students. She also planned super fun events as part of our program fee! I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone!

Pros
  • Personalized internship placement
  • On site staff
  • Location!!
Cons
  • Pre-departure communication could have been better
Sean

An Unforgettable Experience

Global Experiences provided me with an unforgettable experience. Spending three months in Italy working for a local architecture firm was truly one of the most beneficial experiences of my life. I grew as a professional in my field and learned an incredible amount. Working as intern in another country is also a fantastic way to throw your self into another culture. Not only did my internship create a remarkable experience for me but so did the people and the travel. The friends I made in Florence will be friends for life. GE gives you the freedom to travel in your free time and our location coordinator, Anna, took us on small excursions of her own that were immersed in Italian culture. Anna was an incredibly helpful resource or I should say friend to have while abroad. Overall, GE gave me memories I will not soon forget.

Pros
  • Free to Travel
  • Meet new People
  • Immersed in another culture
Cons
  • Home sickness
  • Expensive
  • Too short
Madeline

Experience of a lifetime!

Global Experiences truly gave me the best internship experience I’ve ever had. With the support from my location coordinator, Anna, and the company I was matched with was a perfect fit. I grew so much during this program and learned a lot about myself and the culture around me! I also had the ability to travel every single weekend to a new place. My schedule was flexible and I was fully supported during this program which made the culture shock and transition so much easier! My accommodation was also incredibly nice. I shared an apartment with 8 girls with a beautiful view of the Arno river and I had my own wardrobe space to put my things. Highly highly recommend this program. Anna is the best!

Pros
  • Freedom of weekend travel
  • Boosted my resume
  • Insane experiences
Cons
  • None