Global Experiences Internships in Florence, Italy

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, Global Experiences has decided to offer flexible booking options for some of their upcoming programs. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Florence Intern
The Duomo
The Duomo
Great Friends !
Great Friends !

Florence is an incredible city full of history and fantastic internship opportunities. In Florence, there are international internships in nearly every career field. Some of the most popular internships include event planning, journalism, marketing, business administration, and fashion.

As an intern, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in your approved career field and Italian culture. You will develop language skills and gain professional experiences all while enjoying everything Tuscany has to offer. We do our best to tailor an internship that matches your background and future goals. We are dedicated to making your international internship in Florence an unforgettable experience.

This is the perfect internship program for students and young professionals from the U.S. or Canada. Included in the cost of your tuition is a guaranteed internship, housing, social events, our career development program, and more.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences' program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to tailor your internship to match your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Centralized Housing: You’ll be living in accommodations centrally located in Florence with other Global Experiences' interns. Your housing will have access to public transportation, ensuring it is easy to get to and from your internship.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving your professional documents, prepare you for an interview with potential employers, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • On-Site Staff and Social Events: Our Location Coordinator lives in Florence year-round and provides you with an insider's glimpse of the city. The LC is there to provide 24/7 emergency support and takes all interns on a range of social events.

No, their is no age limit to the GE programs. However, in order to qualify for the GE internship program, you have to have been within some schooling program within the last two years. It could be any level of schooling- bachelors, master, etc. But that is a requirement to being accepted into the GE internship program.

No, there are no virtual internships in the Architecture field. GE has virtual internship opportunities in Business, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Graphic Design, IT/Computing, SEO, and Journalism.

Thanks for your response, Jill! Isidora, yes, we do offer internships in International Law and International Relations. Please see all available career fields here: https://www.globalexperiences.com/students/internships-abro…

We do offer internships in architecture but for specific fields such as architecture heritage and restoration, you can state these as your interests in both your application Program Goals and your Admissions Interview with your Admissions Counselor. However, it's not something we could guarantee as it depends on employer opportunities at the time. Hope this helps!

Prasanna

Best Experience and Internship!

I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking to experience a new culture and city. I interned in Florence, Italy as a tour guide for the Florence Duomo and had the opportunity to learn so much about art history and the Italian Renaissance through my job. I also met people from all over the world every day, which was so fun and rewarding. Global Experiences does a great job with career coaching and preparing you to work in a new culture and environment. GE also provides social activities that help you get to know the city and your fellow interns a lot better. I actually left Florence with three lifelong friends, which for me was probably the most amazing part of the program! Thanks to GE, I was able to both work in a field that I love and explore a new city and culture that I will forever cherish.

The program includes two weeks of Italian classes prior to the internship, which was so helpful. I would just like to have more Italian classes, maybe three weeks instead of two, just because learning more Italian would have been beneficial.
Ivy

Culinary Internship

I was placed in a fabulous restaurant called La Ménagère. They taught me so much through the time we shared. We laughed together as we created these beautiful memories as a family and team that'll surely never fade. Global experience gave me an opportunity that blew every one of my expectations out of the water. My program coordinator, Anna was beyond helpful through even the simplest inconveniences. She was always there day and night if we needed anything, or even a friend to talk to. Throughout this journey she provided us with great advice to further prepare us for success. I'm greatful for the opportunity that Global provided; and the cost of this program is nothing compared to what you get out of it. Because of Global, I was able to make life long friends and many professional connections that will get me so far in life.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
The only thing that I would do differently, would be to branch out more with the locals. The city is filled with so many friendly people and I realized much later in the game how fun it is to get to know the locals first hand. It gives you a unique experience that an average visitor wouldn't recieve.
Jillian

An Incredible Experience in Florence

I had an incredible experience working abroad in Florence, it has been one of the best experiences of my life thus far. Global Experience was an incredible company with helpful staff who set me up with an internship that suited my needs and future career goals. The company even sets up cultural events during your time in Florence for you to attend. The events are catered to learning more about Florentine culture and taking your experience beyond the local tourist spots. From the marble paper making to the Siena wine tour in the Tuscan countryside, GE did a fantastic job coordinating and creating the wonderful events. It was a great way to get to know your fellow interns and learn something new about Italian and Florentine culture.

Additionally, before the program began, I decided to pursue my own housing outside of GE. Even though this was my choice and out of their hands, the GE staff assisted me with recommendations on neighborhoods to live in. This went completely beyond their job scope to help a fellow intern find a safe living space and neighborhood. This assistance showed their dedication to their interns and the want to make their experience the best possible while abroad.

I would highly recommend this experience to anyone looking to work abroad! I had the absolute time of my life!

Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. Each experience you encounter is special and will further develop you as a person while being abroad. So when an opportunity presents itself, absolutely just go for it! You won't regret it.
Stanley

Life Changing Experience

While interning and living in Florence for 2 months I can honestly say this is one of the most unforgettable times of my life. I interned for a marketing company that was perfect for me because I was surrounded by such nice, helpful and welcoming co-workers. I thoroughly enjoyed my internship and I've gained much knowledge in the field of marketing, which was my goal. As for my experience in Florence, Italy as a whole, I've had a very fruitful experience because Florence is so beautiful and has an incredible history. Global Experiences put together some really fun events for our group that brought us closer together and formed friendships. Global Experiences made the process of working and living in Florence, Italy so easy and comfortable, which was instrumental in my experience. By placing us in apartments that are close to grocery stores, tourist areas and nice restaurants. Also, by making sure that we're safe and enjoying ourselves with trips that are interesting. This life-changing experience has helped me become a person and I'm very thankful to Global Experiences for all their help in this process.

Be open to exploring your host city as while as other places within Europe because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You'll get the most out of your time here by being willing to get out of your comfort zone and replace nervousness or fearfulness with adventures that you'll remember forever.
Claire

Amazing experience

This experience was absolutely amazing! I would have to say the most unique part about this program is actually being able to experience an internship overseas. It was so neat to be apart of another culture and to see how they do certain things. Just trying all the different types of foods and finding where the best places were to eat, drink, or even shop was such an experience. Not only was that unique but our location coordinator Anna put together one of my favorite trips a wine tasting tour. Where we got to go and see a city called Siena and the vineyards in Chianti. Overall, this experience has helped me grow as a person and in the work force. I would not have wanted my overseas internship experience to go any other way. Thank you Global Experience for providing me with the best summer. I will always remember this time in my life.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve racking moment I had in Florence was probably the grocery stores. I barely knew the language, so trying to grocery shop for me was a bit challenging. How I overcame this was learn the foods I wanted in Italian.
Deja

Interning in Florence!

While interning in Florence, I learned a lot about how to communicate with others, and how working environments change across countries. The Global Experiences programs did a great job in helping me find the perfect internship for my career goals. GE gave me the opportunity to see what working in the Tourism Industry would be like, by not throwing me into the deep in, but allowing to work with a smaller company, so I could see if this was a career choice I was interested in working in the long term of things. Also, GE aligned my skill sets to the company I was working with, and it was perfect, because it allowed me to strengthen those skills I was weak in and amplify the skills that I was already secured in with a international outlook on them.

My Top Advice:

1) Bring Good Walking SHOES, you will need them! Ladies you can leave the heels at home
2) Budget. Really plan out how much money you're going to spend on food, shopping, traveling, and anything else you can think of, and try to stick to it. I know it's going to be hard, but in the end it will help you IMMENSELY!
3) Don't be afraid to get to know the other interns, they are the only people are in the exact same situation as you.
4) Don't be afraid of doing things alone; you can't do everything with everybody all the time, sometime you need to experience things by yourself to really take in the global experience you are having
Andrew

Great Experience

I was very happy with my summer experience in Florence. On the end of Global Experiences, they made the entire process very easy and ensured that everything went smoothly. Anna was very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable and satisfied with our experience throughout our time here. My internship placement was great, and my supervisors and coworkers at Appstyx were great to work with and allowed me to learn and grow throughout my time here. I also was pleased with the living situation and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the move-in process. Global Experiences takes care of pretty much all of the groundwork and makes it very easy to pretty much show up and move in with no other concerns. I was very satisfied with my experience in general.

David

Incredible Experience!

Global Experiences gave me an internship at an expanding coworking company with a branch in Florence. As an economics major, I was doing cashflow spreadsheets for their expansion. I learned a lot of really useful skills that I can apply to my education and in daily life. Global Experiences also put together a lot of really cool trips for our group. This included biking around Lucca, going a sunset boat ride in Florence, wine tasting in Tuscany, doing yoga by the Arno river and more! My location coordinator was amazing. She was super helpful and accommodating. I got an amazing internship experience that I will be able to put on my resume and I get credits for school. I had such an incredible experience in Italy this summer and I will never forget it. I highly recommend Global Experiences for studying abroad.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I had never traveled very far on my own before, and I had never gone to another country on my own before this trip. I was very nervous about getting to Italy by myself, especially going through large international airports. Although my travels went very smooth and I didn't have any problems. Once I got to Florence I wasn't sure if I had been dropped off in the right location, I called my location coordinator and she came over to my apartment right away to help me move in.