Business & the Supply Chain in India, Study Tours and Internships

Business & the Supply Chain in India, Study Tours and Internships

Logistics and Supply Chain Management are key to understanding and prospering in the rapidly growing Indian economy. India is growing as a source and destination for most countries.

Explore opportunities, understand issues and develop relationships for future engagement with India. Visit industrial, business and logistics operations, meet with trade and commerce organisations. And along the way you'll have plenty of exposure to the warm and vibrant people of India, the fantastic southern Indian cuisine, the natural beauty and wildlife reserves, the temples and shopping malls and the deep culture which influences all business and social activities.

This programme, for international business and supply chain students and practitioners, includes an internship option. It is designed and delivered in collaboration with the highly respected Bannari Amman Institute of Technology in Tamil Nadu.

See the 2016 programme images here: https://youtu.be/HL_YLY1VJ_0

Age Requirement
Health Requirement
Visa Requirement
The programme fee includes:
- Tuition, accommodation, all meals and living expenses
- Pre-departure advising and on-site airport meet and greet on arrival in Coimbatore International Airport, Tamil Nadu.
- Program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
Coimbatore

Show 1 - 2 of 2
Aimee

An experience of a lifetime

The opportunity to study abroad and live like a local for 6 weeks in South India was incredible. Our hosts at BIT really looked after us, made us feel welcomed and were the first to go out of their way to assist us with any issues we faced. The itinerary was well thought out with a great balance of exploring south India and academic work. We had a vast range of industry visits including manufacturing, healthcare, textile, and distribution which all expanded and enhanced our knowledge of logistics and supply chain management. The accomodation at BIT guesthouse was incredible. The facilities were great, the staff went above and beyond for us and the food was so tasty. We never went hungry! The sights, noise, smells, selfies, people and the food really added another element to this adventure. This experience has provided me with both personal and professional development and for that, I 100% recommend this study tour to anyone who is considering it. I have the fondest memories of my time in India.

Tim

Getting to know India

What a great decision! Visiting people on farms, in factories, at University and at markets is a fantastic way to learn about how people live. The small part of southern India I got to see is full of warm, industrious and engaging people all making their lives matter in a country that is undergoing huge change. The accommodation and food at BIT is fantastic - as hosts the guest house team are better than most hotels I've stayed in.
The BIT team had also put together a comprehemsive itinerary that allowed us to see supply chains in action from farm to plate and raw material to retail and export. We met senior executives who gave their time freely and demonstrated a desire to learn as much from us as we did from them - a genuine exchange.
The noise, colour, traffic, poverty, wealth and sheer numbers of people are all more than expected and the stark contrasts I saw every day from one side of the street to other will be an enduring memory.
One of the best things I've done and thoroughly recommend it.

Another week would've been good but I didn't have the time. Another time based issue was not having time to go into a few supply chains in more detail - particularly peer reviews back at BIT. Always difficult to find right balance between variety and depth.

Giles Brooker Education is an multi-disciplinary Education Development Organisation working in India and South-East Asia to facilitate international collaboration between institutions, and innovative study programmes for local and international...