View Other Details
University of Limerick is a modern, vibrant university of 16,000 students, established in 1972. Located in the west of Ireland, it’s host to many of County Limerick’s cultural events (with the first purpose-built University concert hall in Ireland). UL is very popular with international students, with over 3,000 international students from 100 countries, who enjoy easy access to both the city and the surrounding beautiful countryside. It’s also close to Shannon Airport, making it easy to travel further afield.
The University boasts strengths in the sciences, business, technology, and engineering, and fosters numerous international research partnerships, along with close ties to industry sectors in many different research areas. It is one of the leading Irish universities for business, with an AACSB accredited business school, and collaborates with the nearby National Technology Park which houses over 80 organizations.
- Arcadia excursions are part of the program and enhance cultural immersion while providing meaningful context
- UL offers a wide range of subjects, including many interdisciplinary course choices, strong STEM offerings, and popular sport and exercise science options.
- You can cross-register across departments, creating a bespoke courseload that meets your needs and interests.
- A lively student body, world-class sporting facilities and a warm campus atmosphere, with students housed in seven student villages, along with over 80 clubs and societies
- #1 in the UK and Ireland for its Students Union and #1 in Ireland for its clubs and societies